Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Rare 2003 mercedes slk 32 amg 350hp stock convertible roadster 81k mi

Old 08-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Rare 2003 mercedes slk 32 amg 350hp stock convertible roadster 81k mi

RARE 03' MERCEDES SLK32 AMG 350HP STOCK CONVERTIBLE ROADSTER 81K ORIGINAL MILES.

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - In 2003 & 2004 the engineer at the Mercedes plant in Germany that put the AMG high performance engine together by hand, stamps and signs an engraved plaque on top of the supercharger !!!

SLK 32 AMG HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE ROADSTER ONLY 562 MADE IN 2003 ALL STOCK COUPE TO CONVERTIBLE IN 30 SECONDS !!!

RARE BENZ 2003 MERCEDES SLK32 AMG KOMPRESSOR 350HP STOCK

SILVER EXTERIOR COLOR, EXCELLENT CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT !!! SUPER LOW MILEAGE, CARFAX VERIFIED !!!

ONLY 81,380 original carfax varified miles.

Has staggered 225/45/17 front tires and rear are 245/40/17, in very good condition, almost full tread.

TWO TONE INTERIOR !!! even more rare designo edition. Has all options including headlight washers and heated seats.

THERE IS LESS THEN 250 OF THESE OUT THERE with these options, AND MERCEDES DOES NOT MAKE SUPERCHARGED SPORTS CARS ANYMORE !!! SUPER FAST and FUN TO DRIVE.

THIS VEHICLE IS ALL STOCK AND UNTOUCHED

HARD TOP CONVERTIBLE, AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON, THIS IS A SIGNATURE FEATURE OF THE MB R170 SLK SERIES.

THIS BEAST IS EASILY MODIFIED FOR EVEN MUCH HIGHER HP / TQ GAINS!!!

SILVER COLOR IS THE MOST IN DEMAND BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SHOW DIRT LIKE WHITE OR BLACK.

THIS VEHICLE IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND HAS NO MECHANICAL ISSUES WHATSOEVER. HAS NEW FLOOR MATS, AND IS SUPER CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT, LEATHER IS IN GREAT SHAPE, HAS HEATED SEATS, A/C AND HEAT WORK GREAT, ENGINE ROARS!

ALL MAINTENANCE DONE, DOES NOT NEED ANYTHING, HAS NO LEAKS AND RUNS GREAT, ROTORS, PADS, SERPENTINE BELT, COOLANT, VALVE COVER GASKETS, NEW HARMONIC BALANCER, NEW TRANNY MOUNT, VALVE COVER BREATHER GASKETS, ALL BRAND NEW. THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE WAS IN AN ACCIDENT, AND HAD MINOR DAMAGE THAT REQUIRED THE FRONT BUMPER COVER TO BE REPAIRED AND REPAINTED, AND both LEFT AND RIGHT FENDER TO BE repainted. ALL WORK WAS DONE PROFESSIONALLY WITH ALL OEM MERCEDES PARTS. THIS VEHICLE DOES COME WITH AN ILLINOIS REBUILT TITLE DUE TO THE REPAIRS. VEHICLE DRIVES GREAT AND STRAIGHT, HAS HAD AN ALIGNMENT DONE, HAS BRAND NEW BATTERY, COOLANT, SC OIL, SC PULLEY BEARING, CABIN AIR FILTER, ENGINE FILTERS, FRESH OIL CHANGE WITH FULLY SYNTHETIC MOBIL ONE AND PREMIUM FILTER AS RECOMMENDED BY MERCEDES, AND MUCH MORE. IF YOU WANT A FUN AND FAST MERCEDES ROADSTER FOR A GREAT PRICE THIS IS IT. THIS IS ONE OF THE FASTEST MERCEDES PRODUCTION CARS EVER BUILT WITH A ZERO TO 60 in only 4.5 seconds. With SOME ADDITIONAL EASY AND INEXPENSIVE mods even faster.

PRIVATE SALE WITH CLEAR REBUILT ILLINOIS TITLE IN HAND, I AM NOT A DEALER SO NO DEALER SALES TAX, PRIVATE SALE IS A FLAT TAX RATE IN ILLINOIS, AND IS MUCH, MUCH LOWER, AT ONLY $25 FOR THIS YEAR VEHICLE.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Default Re: Rare 2003 mercedes slk 32 amg 350hp stock convertible roadster 81k mi

RARE 2003 MERCEDES SLK 32 AMG 350HP STOCK CONVERTIBLE ROADSTER 81K MI

Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Default Re: Rare 2003 mercedes slk 32 amg 350hp stock convertible roadster 81k mi

car is sold thank you.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

what did it sell for with the salvage title?

Old 08-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
what did it sell for with the salvage title?

Yeah, what he said? Many places can not register a salvage title, without an extensive list of stuff (expenses) that have to be proven B4 a registration is issued..

Old 08-19-2016, 04:54 PM

I want to be very clear because a lot of people do not understand what a big difference there is between a salvage and rebuilt title. The vehicle was NOT sold with a SALVAGE TITLE!!! It had an Illinois rebuilt title. The vehicle had a prior salvage history, as it was totaled and previously issued a salvage title by the insurance company, but my company already completed the process of rebuilding the vehicle and applying for a rebuilt title.

A rebuilt title is the same as a regular title for ALL registration purposes and insurance purposes.

Salvage title vehicles cannot be registered OR legally driven until the vehicle is properly repaired, then passes inspections and finally gets a rebuilt title which can only be obtained using a licensed vehicle rebuilder, and proof of repairs, etc. Mine already had gone through that process which at times can be long and complicated and the new buyer already registered the vehicle with no problems.

These rules vary slightly from state to state, just like totaling threshholds (25%, 50%, 75% of damage etc).

Furthermore there is a lot more title types then just simply, salvage, rebuilt, original, but I wont get into that.

Sold for almost $11K. Keep in mind the vehicle was in tip top shape, no mechanical issues whatsoever, lots of maintenance done, so the buyer doesn't have to spend money on maintenance or repairs which is very common when buying a used vehicle. $1500-$2500 on a used amg mercedes easy if the vehicle maintenance was neglected.

Last edited by performanceisland; 08-19-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by performanceisland
I want to be very clear because a lot of people do not understand what a big difference there is between a salvage and rebuilt title. The vehicle was NOT sold with a SALVAGE TITLE!!! It had an Illinois rebuilt title. The vehicle had a prior salvage history, as it was totaled and previously issued a salvage title by the insurance company, but my company already completed the process of rebuilding the vehicle and applying for a rebuilt title.

A rebuilt title is the same as a regular title for ALL registration purposes and insurance purposes.

Salvage title vehicles cannot be registered OR legally driven until the vehicle is properly repaired, then passes inspections and finally gets a rebuilt title which can only be obtained using a licensed vehicle rebuilder, and proof of repairs, etc. Mine already had gone through that process which at times can be long and complicated and the new buyer already registered the vehicle with no problems.

These rules vary slightly from state to state, just like totaling threshholds (25%, 50%, 75% of damage etc).

Furthermore there is a lot more title types then just simply, salvage, rebuilt, original, but I wont get into that.

Sold for almost $11K. Keep in mind the vehicle was in tip top shape, no mechanical issues whatsoever, lots of maintenance done, so the buyer doesn't have to spend money on maintenance or repairs which is very common when buying a used vehicle. $1500-$2500 on a used amg mercedes easy if the vehicle maintenance was neglected.

That sold fast! I didn't have a chance to win a lottery in time. Oh well.

Glad it sold to someone who will appreciate the great deal they got. Thanks for listing it here. Despite the detractors, who were just being cautious, we appreciate the listing.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by performanceisland

You are correct in the difference between a salvage and rebuilt title. However, it is not in anyway the same as a clear title. It is a branded title forever.

- Many insurance companies will not insure a car that has ever been considered a total loss and received a salvage title even though it has been resurrected with a rebuilt title (State Farm is an exception to that).
- Many banks will not lend on a car with a rebuilt title.
- Most dealerships will not take a car with a rebuilt title in on trade.
- Some states, I think Georgia is one, get real fussy about issuing a title if the car has ever been rebuilt.
- Rebuilt titles may trigger a TMU (True Mileage Unknown) branding on title.
- Typical rule of thumb is a 50% reduction in retail value of vehicle if it has a rebuilt title.

It will never be the "same as a regular title for ALL registration purposes and insurance purposes" . That said, the condition of your car as judged by the photos was much better than the only local 320AMG SLK I have seen.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 08-20-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
You are correct in the difference between a salvage and rebuilt title. However, it is not in anyway the same as a clear title. It is a branded title forever.

- Many insurance companies will not insure a car that has ever been considered a total loss and received a salvage title even though it has been resurrected with a rebuilt title (State Farm is an exception to that).
- Many banks will not lend on a car with a rebuilt title.
- Most dealerships will not take a car with a rebuilt title in on trade.
- Some states, I think Georgia is one, get real fussy about issuing a title if the car has ever been rebuilt.
- Rebuilt titles may trigger a TMU (True Mileage Unknown) branding on title.
- Typical rule of thumb is a 50% reduction in retail value of vehicle if it has a rebuilt title.

It will never be the "same as a regular title for ALL registration purposes and insurance purposes" . That said, the condition of your car as judged by the photos was much better than the only local 320AMG SLK I have seen.
you are correct with most of your statements, which once again A LOT of these rules STILL vary from state to state, insurance company to insurance company etc. For example here in illinois NOT actual mileage is a seperate sub-branding you can have a CLEAN (not clear) TITLE with the words, NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE once someone marks that box on title app its always there, but REBUILT is a BRANDING that does NOT have to have the words not actual mileage, this gets all very confusing from state to state. We Specialize in rebuilt cars so we know very well what the rules are in OUR state, and some others.

CLEAR TITLE is often misunderstood that it means it is not branded that is NOT true by definition,even though most people don't realize the difference, CLEAR simply means it is clear of any liens, loans and encumberances, and ownership is not in any way contested. So the term CLEAR REBUILT TITLE is as accurate as it gets for my vehicles description, I did NOT describe it as CLEAN title, which would be an original or duplicate title with NO BRANDING, there for I cannot say that it is CLEAN, because my title was branded rebuilt which i clearly disclose. A rebuilt title is no longer clean, it has a "smudge" forever its been "tainted" or "marked", remember when people used to "WASH" titles, by titling in states that didn't have rules in place for branded titles? Shady dealers would "Wash" a branded title through state lines and get a 'CLEAN" title, NOT a"clear" title.

Personal Example, had an instance of a 2003 slk32 amg with 40K miles on it, totaled, salvage title issued, rebuilt, rebuilt title issued, insured (by state farm), car was damaged in accident again, State farm valued the vehicle at almost $20K with the rebuilt branding (same as no branding at all), they paid the claim with no issues, and would not total the vehicle because the damage was only 50% of value, and they continue to insure it today. i speak from very extensive experience which took many years to learn.

Yes some banks may not want to loan money and some insurance companies may not want to insure, but others will.

I wont pretend I know ALL the rules for ALL the states, BUT I know them well for my state.

So here 'Ill correct this statement:
In my state a rebuilt title is considered the same as a regular title for ALL registration purposes however some insurance companies may not want to insure it. I know that State Farm does NOT care and will insurance the vehicle with No problems as will some other companies.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:25 AM

And yes my rebuilt cars are in much better shape then most used NON BRANDED cars out there.

I spend a lot of time on them, to get them just right.

I have a solid record of selling the few vehicles that we do sell to the first person that looks at it, which says a lot. Have excellent feedback from buyers after the sale as well. We only specialize in the vehicles we know inside and out.

Thanks for noticing.