Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

2006 Gold Convertible NA on E-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default 2006 Gold Convertible NA on E-Bay

I'm only posting because the gold ones are rare and this is low mileage.

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Convertible | eBay

Old 04-22-2017, 11:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Gold Convertiber NA on E-Bay

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I'm only posting because the gold ones are rare and this is low mileage.

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Convertible | eBay

If that was a stick with Vanilla guts... I'd be making a phone call LOL.

Speaking of... you still at the 6457 number? I'll give you a shout tomorrow about ol blue

Old 04-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Default Re: 2006 Gold Convertiber NA on E-Bay

Originally Posted by JHM2K
If that was a stick with Vanilla guts... I'd be making a phone call LOL.

Speaking of... you still at the 6457 number? I'll give you a shout tomorrow about ol blue
Sorry I missed this John.

Yes same number

franc

Old 04-24-2017, 07:21 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Gold Convertible NA on E-Bay

~ i really like that color and quite rare.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a crossfire and been on the Forum for some 8 years now and have never seen a Gold Convertable. Ron Gordner had a Coupe BUT Convertable ????

Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryR
I have had a crossfire and been on the Forum for some 8 years now and have never seen a Gold Convertable. Ron Gordner had a Coupe BUT Convertable ????
Oh, they're out there. In fact, they've been around since 2006 model year. Typically came either with solid Dark Gray Leather (Coupes & Roadsters) or the Dark Gray/Vanilla Leather (Roadsters) interiors. Quite a few were assembled for 2008 model year with the Dark Gray/Cedar Red leather interior. I'm not a fan of this combo as I don't think the interior goes with the exterior. I figured Chrysler had a bunch of the Red/Gray interiors and put it in just about anything to liquidate the inventory.

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Gold Convertible NA on E-Bay-oystergoldxfires.jpg  
Old 04-24-2017, 08:46 AM

Seller states that car is perfect inside & out. Also states that seats look like they were never sat in. But there is clearly side bolster wear on the driver's seat. While this is repairable, the car is not perfect and, therefore, wouldn't bring top dollar (per asking price) in my book. (Note: I am extremely "picky"!) Carfax also looks like it missed a purchase by a 2nd owner in NOV/2010, so may not be a 1-owner car. Carfax also doesn't show any service records, so owner(s) either did oil changes themselves (like a lot of us) or took the car to "Quickie-Lube" centers which may not submit info to a tracking database. But the car looks to be a very well kept car and probably has had routine service performed per schedule. Chrome OEM wheels will add value and car should bring a very reasonable offer.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 04-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Seller states that car is perfect inside & out. Also states that seats look like they were never sat in. But there is clearly side bolster wear on the driver's seat. While this is repairable, the car is not perfect and, therefore, wouldn't bring top dollar (per asking price) in my book. (Note: I am extremely "picky"!) Carfax also looks like it missed a purchase by a 2nd owner in NOV/2010, so may not be a 1-owner car. Carfax also doesn't show any service records, so owner(s) either did oil changes themselves (like a lot of us) or took the car to "Quickie-Lube" centers which may not submit info to a tracking database. But the car looks to be a very well kept car and probably has had routine service performed per schedule. Chrome OEM wheels will add value and car should bring a very reasonable offer.
Yep, I saw those and other flaws. I would have trouble with the scuff on the steering wheel staring at me...

And it looks like the drivers' seat heater went nova, too.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Yep, I saw those and other flaws. I would have trouble with the scuff on the steering wheel staring at me...

And it looks like the drivers' seat heater went nova, too.
So the steering wheel flaw may be just something that "dripped" on the airbag, which could be cleaned up. If it's a scuff mark, a used DS air bag from a 2004-2006 in the Dark Gray color would fix that. It would have to be from that series of model years as the 2007 thru 2008 models have the Takata-sourced air bags and they mount/connect different then the ones produced by TRW. Costs probably $100-$150 bucks.

So how do you tell the DS heater went Kaput! Is the tell that "bump" showing on seat bottom cushion the tell? Just curious.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 AM

My D/S seat in the Alabaster had the same "hump" in the leather on the seat cushion, I always thought it was because I was a hardass

Jokes aside, this is a very clean car and the biggest selling point would be the mileage.

The airbag is an EASY swap. And of course, there's always the option of a light coat of charcoal-colored Plasti-Dip to make the color uniform again. The tear-seam in the airbag cover is underneath, and the light hit with Plasti-Dip wouldn't impede airbag deployment.

A $5 fix, if you didn't want to shell out for a new one.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice love the color, something seems off to me. My crossfire with 34000 miles and both keys fobs look near new. This 06 with only 14K miles and 1 key fob looks like one from a 100K+ 2004 "just guessing". I also don't trust sellers who take photos in the driveway of some $750000.00 houses. Your not selling your daily driver here, it's clearly a trade in or auction car.

I know small points but something seems off to me.

That said if the condition to correct sweet ride.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 PM

So the steering wheel flaw may be just something that "dripped" on the airbag, which could be cleaned up. If it's a scuff mark, a used DS air bag from a 2004-2006 in the Dark Gray color would fix that. It would have to be from that series of model years as the 2007 thru 2008 models have the Takata-sourced air bags and they mount/connect different then the ones produced by TRW. Costs probably $100-$150 bucks.

So how do you tell the DS heater went Kaput! Is the tell that "bump" showing on seat bottom cushion the tell? Just curious.
Yeah, that would be my "guess".

Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omaha
Looks nice love the color, something seems off to me. My crossfire with 34000 miles and both keys fobs look near new. This 06 with only 14K miles and 1 key fob looks like one from a 100K+ 2004 "just guessing". I also don't trust sellers who take photos in the driveway of some $750000.00 houses. Your not selling your daily driver here, it's clearly a trade in or auction car.

Yep, me too.

Look carefully!

Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Afraid to say it but you might be hard pressed to find a house in Toronto that looks half decent for under a million dollars Canadian, that is about 750K US.

So where would they best take a picture of their car, Detroit?

Old 04-25-2017, 07:00 AM

Good catch on the key fob. But it is possible that the previous owner(s) only used 1 key fob and didn't necessarily give it the most "loving care" in the world. Or the used car dealer obtained a new key because the car "sells better" if it comes with 2 keys. In either scenario, the 2nd key fob would look brand new.

I've looked at the used car dealer's website, and he typically takes all the pictures of cars in that driveway. There are quite a few used car dealers that use that tactic to "present" an image of either a luxury or well-maintained, perceived upscale used car. CarFax trails ends with "For Sale" status at Chuck Hutton Chevrolet in Memphis. So looks to have been traded in on something. Then the Chevy dealer sold it to current dealer (Hallum Motors), located on Arkansas-side of Memphis, to unload the Crossfire. (Note: Moving the Crossfire to the "other side of the river", "Southside of Town", "below the tracks" tells you what some dealers think of our marque! We will always be the "black sheep" of the Daimler-Chrysler merger. )

Last edited by dedwards0323; 04-25-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Afraid to say it but you might be hard pressed to find a house in Toronto that looks half decent for under a million dollars Canadian, that is about 750K US.

So where would they best take a picture of their car, Detroit?
Dave,

the "Industrial look" is not only quite popular, but is also quite effective in sales.

Didn't you know?

And stop cutting down on American infrastructure failures.

We have people to blame for that, and we're not finished!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Dave,

the "Industrial look" is not only quite popular, but is also quite effective in sales.

Didn't you know?

And stop cutting down on American infrastructure failures.

We have people to blame for that, and we're not finished!
Now this is funny!!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 AM

CarFax trails ends with "For Sale" status at Chuck Hutton Chevrolet in Memphis. So looks to have been traded in on something. Then the Chevy dealer sold it to current dealer (Hallum Motors), located on Arkansas-side of Memphis, to unload the Crossfire. (Note: Moving the Crossfire to the "other side of the river", "Southside of Town", "below the tracks" tells you what some dealers think of our marque! We will always be the "black sheep" of the Daimler-Chrysler merger. )
Actually if you were familiar with Memphis, that's a compliment LOL. Memphis is my least favorite of all major cities I've been to, and that's saying something.

Yes, I've been to Cleveland.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:08 AM

For the record, I carry my one Crossfire key in the small pocket of my jeans even on days I don't drive the crossie to work. That key has looked "worn" almost since new. The other key is lost somewhere at a local Lowes store and prolly looks great.

I've watched this thread go on and on. Some good stuff here. As I said in post one, I just posted the car because of low miles and it was GOLD. I never expected so much "scrutiny" but I must say it has been entertaining to watch.

There was another one on E-Bay that I didn't even bother with. A 2004 listed at $19K. Hilarious

WE ARE THE MOST CRITICAL buyers in the Crossfire world. It is almost a suicidal act to list a car for sale here. That said, it is fun to watch.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-25-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
WE ARE THE MOST CRITICAL buyers in the Crossfire world. It is almost a suicidal act to list a car for sale here. That said, it is fun to watch.
Such truth in this statement. I remember lots of tire-kickers when I was selling my last one, but everyone wanted to offer $3K less through PM's.

A guy on the street saw it in person, asked what I wanted for it, and paid cash.

Sometimes, we have too much passion for these cars

Quick Reply: 2006 Gold Convertible NA on E-Bay