Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

winter storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter storage

Hello fellow crossfire owners I purchased my 07 roadster in aug 17 . I am looking into storing it for the winter, the storage place requires disconnecting the battery. Will this create problems with loosing codes for the ignition? Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 10-31-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: winter storage

I stored mine last winter with just the negative battery cable removed and all was well in the Spring, other than the BAS light coming on for a short time. I have always used a battery tender for winter storage, but this worked fine. Just make sure the battery is charged up prior to storage.
Also, search the forum and you’ll find lots of other storage tips.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:53 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: winter storage

Originally Posted by harbor
I stored mine last winter with just the negative battery cable removed and all was well in the Spring, other than the BAS light coming on for a short time. I have always used a battery tender for winter storage, but this worked fine. Just make sure the battery is charged up prior to storage.
Also, search the forum and you’ll find lots of other storage tips.
Disconnecting the battery will erase the recorded settings of the pollution control system and you will have to drive some miles at the correct speeds etc to get the settings back and recorded for the tester to approve. In some jurisdictions this legally will require a temporary plate or sticker or you risk a ticket for an out of date license sticker.
My son got a ticket for an expired sticker, the plate was scanned by a camera in a cops car which automatically ran the plate through the computer.

Big Brother is watching and he wants as much of our money as he can get.