Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

world fastest crossfire "SOLD"

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default world fastest crossfire "SOLD"

I had not planed to sell my crossfire but i did, I have owned it for 11 years , 4 years as a V6 and 7 years with a V8, as the world fastest crossfire. don't ask what i sold it for that is up to the buyer to say yes he is on the forum.
Sold it with all the mods still on it. the buyer wants to make it faster. he will need to do very little to be faster. I will help him to do that.
Over the years many thanks goes out to Rudy, Rob, Matt, JS Benz , DT performance and all the members that have contributed their knowledge to making my car the world fastest crossfire .
I will have a new project, yes a V8 crossfire, the gray that is the last v8 Rudy and I will build it to be a very fast daily driver and maybe once a week at the drag strip lol. jim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvDAn-dquA&t=34s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dya4Nl238

Last edited by amx1397; 07-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: world fastest crossfire ""SOLD""

I know there are some mixed feelings on your end.

What a fortunate buyer to be able to purchase this highly modified car already tested and proven. There is nothing which is a better commendation than long term ownership by such a knowlegable seller (who is respectful of confidentiality as well). Truly a once in a lifetime find.

My sincere congratulations to both ends of the transaction.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR

What a fortunate buyer to be able to purchase this highly modified car already tested and proven. There is nothing which is a better commendation than long term ownership by such a knowlegable seller (who is respectful of confidentiality as well). Truly a once in a lifetime find.

I couldn't have said it any better
Nicely said and I wish you well with the next one you are modding with Rudy

Gary

Old 07-29-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR

thank you,,, you are so right ,, once i received the deposit i don't think i have slept 2 hours per night, I have been taking it around the block about 5 to 10 times per day also ,,

"some people see a car as an object to go from point to point,,,,I see the car as the point." I have said this for years, then one day on tv it was said by jessie james ,,the day that happened my wife said he took your saying, i said that's ok

Old 07-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Re watching that video , that has to hurt selling that love. I'm looking forward to seeing new ones , with the new love @ 10.2 or maybe a 9.9.... Hollllle uuuuup , can you do it... Looking forward to seeing it..Have fun , I know your buyer is shitz an giggles ....

Old 07-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats to both of you, must have been hard, but thinking of what is coming next

Old 07-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow
congrats to both of you, I can't wait to see what you do next

Old 07-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: world fastest crossfire "SOLD"

Congrats to the lucky member who bought a very well built crossfire. I can only imagine the hard work to get it there. Now wondering what the new crossfire is going to do with the experience that amx has gained from the first one. "Daily" driver indeed amx. Does that mean daily driven down the 1/4 mile?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:53 PM

I am the lucky and proud new owner of Jim's masterpiece. Used to post under DragonSlayer129 from my previous Crossfire days when I lived in Knoxville, TN and ran the Dragon often but couldn't recover my account thus the new account.

Flying to Fort Lauderdale this weekend to go all through the car and have it shipped to the Kansas City area. I will be primarily racing at Heartland Park in Topeka but will likely go to US-36 and MO-KAN for test and tunes when time allows.

This fall I plan on getting to know the car extremely well and getting a bunch of seat time before trying to post new lows in it. New best 1/4 mile attempts won't likely come until next spring after spending time going through it this winter to make it even faster.

I would also like to thank Rudy, Rob, Matt, JS Benz , DT performance and all the members that have contributed their knowledge to making Jim's car but most of all I want to thank Jim for trusting me with his baby. I can't say enough good things about him, the knowledge he has already shared and his willingness to be totally open about all the little things you need to know when buying a highly modified car like his. Looking forward to sharing the continued successes of the car with him for years to come.

Greg aka DragonSlayer129!

Old 08-18-2018, 12:12 AM

well today Greg and finish up the transfer of my car from me to him,, we spent the whole day driving talking, asking questions, answering questions , by the early afternoon Greg had this big smile on his face, I did not but i am happy for him, I'm glad he likes the car , I am sure he will take great care of it.
srt6+2 is now in the hands of a new owner, for 11 years i raced and enjoyed driving that great masterpiece that Rudy made for me,
don't forget we, Rudy and I have a gray srt6 that will become srt6+2 # ten , we will either sell it at the dragon or i take it to Florida and build a very fast crossfire. welcome to my world thanks jim

Last edited by amx1397; 08-18-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:07 PM

Jim, I knew the car was going to be fast but DAMN! this car is unreal for a Crossfire. Thank you again for taking so much time to go over everything and thank you again to the guys at DT Performance for letting us use the shop to change the supercharger pulley. The car arrives in Kansas Wednesday and I will be spending a bunch of time in it this coming weekend.

The toughest part of the entire deal was watching you part ways with the car. Lunch will be on me again at Mr. D's the next time I am in the area.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer129!
Jim, I knew the car was going to be fast but DAMN! this car is unreal for a Crossfire. Thank you again for taking so much time to go over everything and thank you again to the guys at DT Performance for letting us use the shop to change the supercharger pulley. The car arrives in Kansas Wednesday and I will be spending a bunch of time in it this coming weekend.

The toughest part of the entire deal was watching you part ways with the car. Lunch will be on me again at Mr. D's the next time I am in the area.
Oh sh** I forgot to thank you for lunch,, I am so glad you like the car I can't think of a better person for it to go to. again if you ever have any questions, just give me a call Oh as i mentioned to you to make sure all the rear Suspension arms are tight ,before EVERY trip to the drag strip ,,the car has so much toque , sometimes they get loose on the bolts to the car and the adj nuts on the adj arms
ps any thing else i remember about the car that i forgot i will send you the info. thanks again jim