Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

She is at her new home. As you all know I like to drive mine and that was my intention with this SRT6 as well; BUT after giving her a gentle wash and clean this morning I'm beginning to think I won't be putting too many miles on this car. Steve Hellums keep this car pristine. I've decided before she makes a road trip I will have it wrapped in clear. Like a "clear bra", but for the whole car. I'm going to take the OEM mats out and store them inside my home and get some Lloydes to use for everyday. I actually put some heavy brown paper in the foot wells to keep the dirt off those mats this morning. Most cars you buy these days come with four tires and rims. Manufactures have taken to not even supply a spare wheel dougnut as a spare. I got ten rims with tires plus an extra spare rim. These extra tires look as though Steve polished them. I didn't even roll them across my driveway on the way to the shop, but carried them from the U-haul to my shop. I have not started to unpack the multiple boxes of OEM and spare parts for those after market goodies that are on the car.

The day Steve first posted his car for sale I could only think what a find this was. He bought it new and now I have all the original paper that came with the purchase. I watched for months as it was still there unsold, but had a very hard time justifying the purchase of a second Crossfire. My good wife talked me into buying the thing and so,

I really can blame it all on Jessie. Here are a few pictures taken this morning after I washed her. I put her up on the lift so as to clean the bottom and inside the rims, and I added a photo of my limited as I have her back on the road better than ever. I still need to remove the front bumper, do some scratch repairs and repaint, but she is as straight as an arrow with a 0.02 thrust angle. She looks a little different now as I put the H&R coil springs, shocks and sway bars front and rear. I'll be bringing her to the Dragon again this fall.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zip439
She is at her new home. As you all know I like to drive mine and that was my intention with this SRT6 as well; BUT after giving her a gentle wash and clean this morning I'm beginning to think I won't be putting too many miles on this car. Steve Hellums keep this car pristine. I've decided before she makes a road trip I will have it wrapped in clear. Like a "clear bra", but for the whole car. I'm going to take the OEM mats out and store them inside my home and get some Lloydes to use for everyday. I actually put some heavy brown paper in the foot wells to keep the dirt off those mats this morning. Most cars you buy these days come with four tires and rims. Manufactures have taken to not even supply a spare wheel dougnut as a spare. I got ten rims with tires plus an extra spare rim. These extra tires look as though Steve polished them. I didn't even roll them across my driveway on the way to the shop, but carried them from the U-haul to my shop. I have not started to unpack the multiple boxes of OEM and spare parts for those after market goodies that are on the car.

The day Steve first posted his car for sale I could only think what a find this was. He bought it new and now I have all the original paper that came with the purchase. I watched for months as it was still there unsold, but had a very hard time justifying the purchase of a second Crossfire. My good wife talked me into buying the thing and so,

I really can blame it all on Jessie. Here are a few pictures taken this morning after I washed her. I put her up on the lift so as to clean the bottom and inside the rims, and I added a photo of my limited as I have her back on the road better than ever. I still need to remove the front bumper, do some scratch repairs and repaint, but she is as straight as an arrow with a 0.02 thrust angle. She looks a little different now as I put the H&R coil springs, shocks and sway bars front and rear. I'll be bringing her to the Dragon again this fall.
I'm so glad Zip got this car. He understood all of how and why some of the unique electronics/axillary circuits were installed and going to take good care of it. The car was like show room new with a RENNtech in it and some of the highest dollar bling. I would say this was one of the best deals to ever hit this forum and I bet he would too even at the original price of $18,500.

I plan on still staying a member, just because I love the non cookie cutter Crossfires.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car still available?

Old 01-16-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by JSGreen01
car still available?
Read past 38; I have it now till the day I die.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well , please don't die before giving me the chance to buy her and let me know when you want to let her go 😊

Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by janaiy
well , please don't die before giving me the chance to buy her and let me know when you want to let her go 😊
I'm still upright and sucking air, but I'll let my wife know. The car has a few more miles on it now, I have added a clear front bra, headlight, rocker panels, windshield trim surround and wing covered with Expel laminate and everything else is Ceramic Pro lifetime and a few more mods under the hood. I'm putting new rear tires on it this afternoon and want to take it to the Dragon, BUT night time temperatures are looking too low for the summer tires; May have to take my Limited. I have all season Michelin on the Limited. Please don't plan on it any time soon as I have places to go and people to see before kicking the bucket !!!

Old 09-28-2020, 09:02 AM
Smile Re: What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

hang in there and enjoy every second of this fabulous car

Old 09-28-2020, 06:24 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Quit talking about kicking the bucket or you will make all of us older guys nervous.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:40 PM

😂👍