Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

I need an advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need an advice

Hi guys, I'm a new member. I want to buy a car via https://incacar.com/used/cars/chrysl...UCTION-563121/ I´m a bit worried about that, just if they are reliable. Is there someone who knows them, or bought a car from them?
What do you think about that? Thanks for answers.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: I need an advice

There are multiple dealers scattered across the country that sell Crossfires. Buying a car from any one of them is essentially the same process. You're buying a used car, and one that is 10-15 years old, and there are risks associated with that type of purchase. There will most likely be a clause stating "as is" condition.

For me, it's all about the car. Is the mileage below industry standards (15k per year) and by how much? What service history does it have? How many owners have there been? Has the car been reported in an accident and, if so, how severe was the accident.? (Note: Get a copy of the CarFax report or equivalent.) Are there pictures that clearly show condition of exterior, interior & engine bay? I always get a little nervous when there are pictures of the exterior but nothing else. What are they trying to hide? Ask for pictures of things you want to look at. Is there side bolster wear on the seats? Does the dash & console have any signs of careless use by previous owners? Any significant "road rash" on the front end? Any significant "curb rash" on wheels? Are there significant "door dings" along body sides? With a roadster, are there any issues with operation and/or condition of convertible top & hydraulics? Is all the hardware for dealing with a flat tire still in the trunk? One key FOB or two? (Note: $600+ for a spare key FOB.) Do all "as delivered" functions perform flawlessly? All these factors give an indication of how car was driven and the care previous owners gave to the car.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 06-27-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a 2 owner clean Carfax Crossfire. looks like top replaced in 2008.In 2018 Carfax says Sunroof repaired/ repaired.Top are known for the back windows falling out. Replacement tops are much better if it's good top. Top cylinders leak. check price of top and to replace cylinders. Easy $4000. please call me and I can tell you more of hat to look for.

Gary 419-283-4781

Old 06-27-2019, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And of course, have a professional mechanic who is at least familiar with Crossfires and who knows of their common faults check out the vehicle. A reasonable salesperson will allow you to bring the car into a mechanic of your choice. If not, walk.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are buying a used car with over $100k miles, not a new car from a servicing dealership. I think who you are buying from is almost irrelevant unless they are providing some sort of warranty .
A good question to ask would be: What are you worried about? And would it not be the same worries regardless of who you buy it from (dealer or private party)?
it's up to you to protect yourself and due the normal due diligence, as previous poster mentioned. Like others said, have it checked out by a 3rd party experienced mechanic/tech.
Good luck.