Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. LOL

Old 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. LOL

The startech front spoiler is a quality piece and transforms the front of the car from wimpy to mean.

The spoiler is not painted yet, this weekend its going in for paint.

The rear wing is just a fiberglass and clay model right now and is by no means finished. It will come to a much sharper point to follow the line that runs down the car.

Opinions are welcome but be gentle.

13.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

Old 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Default Re: Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. L

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Old 07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Default Re: Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. L

9.jpg

6.jpg

Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. LOL

i really like the front chin spoiler...

can't wait to see it painted.

13.jpg

as for the rear deck lid lip... i need to see the completed and painted product. a great start.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. LOL

that lip spoiler really doesn't look too much different than stock -- i think the SRT|6 bumper makes much more impact (IMO of course... trying to be gentle ) plus its CHEAPER. OTD for less than $500 vs. $671 plus paint (!)

way to go on the rear spoiler. i cant believe no one's knocked off the Startech rear spoiler yet. i love theirs; its hardly worth the ridiculous amount of money they want for it though. keep us updated. if i could comment, maybe shave it down a little bit. it looks just a bit too much like the Veyron's air brake. unless you're going to do like andrew and disable the rear wing. then its perfect.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:45 PM

Thanks andrew, the rear lip is very early and is just at the beginnings. It will be slightly lower and come to a point to somewhat match the crease in the car. As it is now its to curved. But once I put this mold in and lay new glass it will be closer.

Yeah, the wing is going to be shaved down at least another inch and it will meet in the middle at much more of a point. You have to see it in person to get the idea.

The SRT6 front bumper is nice but I don't like the vents and from the side this one looks way more aggressive IMO. But after paint I'll take more pics.

The Startech rear spoiler to me is pretty nice but I'm trying to make something that goes more to the car.

Last edited by MAYAman; 07-27-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

MAYAman, they both look really good!! I like what you have done with the spoiler lip...a little smaller and you've got a keeper!! Good job.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front spoiler is very nice! Gives a meaner look to the front end. It's just something about adding a front spoiler to a car...when my brother added one to his S2000...I really appreciated it more (not more than my XF though) it no longer reminded me of a Miata.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 PM

Both add a fresh and aggressive look; very nice.

Will the rear spoiler addition affect the aerodynamics when the operational wing is up? I doubt it makes a real difference for normal driving, but could it do something when you're really at speed? Just a thought...

Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I don't know what it will do at speed but its no bigger really than the Startech spoiler so I can't imagine it will be to much downforce. Only time will tell.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxxm
... Will the rear spoiler addition affect the aerodynamics when the operational wing is up? I doubt it makes a real difference for normal driving, but could it do something when you're really at speed? Just a thought...
I agree with maxxm ... what effect on the aerodynamics will take place? Wing down, it could still add some, wing up it just might be a negative effect. Get a smoke machine, blow it in a tube with a fan blowing the smoke over the car ... poor man's wind tunnel. See what that does.

MAYAman, I like what you're doing ... the Startech does add a bit of "edge" to the front and your wing is looking nice too. *thumb's up*

adoni

Old 07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Forum Regular

Nice job Maya. I am in line to buy your rear spoiler add on.
PS where in CT are you? I am in Pomfret (near Putnam, NE corner).

Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 PM

I think it will look really sharp after the paint job. Mayaman, is your XF lowered too (Eibach)?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular

I see on your rear emblem it says "ST" first what does that stand for and where did you get the custom label?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM

It's the logo for STARTECH, which is the Brabus-owned tuning company for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products. That's where MAYAman got the front spoiler in this thread.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good deal there bubba. Looks pretty sweet.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the input guys, keep em coming. What do you think would make the rear spoiler look better?

I'm not going to do any wind tests though.

Taking the front spoiler in for paint tomorrow!

Old 07-28-2006, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by porterhouse
I think it will look really sharp after the paint job. Mayaman, is your XF lowered too (Eibach)?
Yeah I have the eibach pro kit. I love it.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:18 PM

I think both are nice and subtle tasteful mods. Can't wait to seem them both completed!!!

How much weight does the spoiler add to the wing? It won't have any long term issues of going up and down right?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:21 PM

You could probably stand on the spoiler and not damage it.

Quick Reply: Pics of my Startech front spoiler and custom rear wing. Opinions are welcome. LOL