CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   potential new owner (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/11828-potential-new-owner.html)

dbyrd3130 08-20-2006 09:32 AM

potential new owner

was out looking at jeeps yesterday and came across 2 crossfires...both brand new '04's.
am finding myself enthralled with this car. if the deal goes thru, what should i do as far servicing? what i thought was an overdue mileage display now seems like an over-time issue? -520...both cars have probably been sitting for 2 years? i see a bunch of technical bulletins on the '04 as well...would these be addressed on a "complaint only" basis or should i expect the dealer to perform prior to delivery. have there been any recalls i should be aware of? spent most of last night and this morning reading several websites on these machines and i am quite impressed with owners love for their cars.

thank you,
don

danimal 08-20-2006 09:39 AM

Re: potential new owner

Originally Posted by dbyrd3130
was out looking at jeeps yesterday and came across 2 crossfires...both brand new '04's.
am finding myself enthralled with this car. if the deal goes thru, what should i do as far servicing? what i thought was an overdue mileage display now seems like an over-time issue? -520...both cars have probably been sitting for 2 years? i see a bunch of technical bulletins on the '04 as well...would these be addressed on a "complaint only" basis or should i expect the dealer to perform prior to delivery. have there been any recalls i should be aware of? spent most of last night and this morning reading several websites on these machines and i am quite impressed with owners love for their cars.

thank you,
don

Welcome Don. I would have the dealer do an oil change and reset the FSS before delivery. Experience tells most of us that they would probably just reset the FSS and tell you they changed the oil (never trust a dealer with this car). The TSBs will be complaint only so printing out a list of them would give you a good idea of problem areas to look out for. The only recall that I know of was for the cooling fan and I would ensure they take care of that before delivery as well. The car is great...finding a qualified dealer/mechanic is a nightmare. If you can do it yourself, you are much better off and there are plenty of how-to's here on the forum.

CrossfireLTD 08-20-2006 09:48 AM

Other recalls, Cooling fan control module, transmission "O" ring, headlight condensation, and also check your heated seats.

intenseblu 08-20-2006 12:32 PM

other issues i found on my 7 month old new car was oxidation of the plastic cowl (armorall to the rescue, fixed)... dry rotting of the rubber seals (fixed with reconditioning)... and damaged paint (nu finish car polish to the rescue, fixed)...

overall, not bad for 9k off sticker and a awesome trade in value for my PT GT... :)

MattyK 08-20-2006 04:32 PM

dybrd -- What is the dealer asking for the 04's you found?
And are they coupes or limiteds?
With the incentives Chrysler has given the dealers to move the 04's, you should have some room to get a great deal!

dbyrd3130 08-20-2006 05:25 PM

the windshield said 10k off - and i am way upside down on my trade...we haven't really firmed up any numbers yet. i have an appointment to drive one of them and bring in my car on tuesday...will advise.

greenie 08-20-2006 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MattyK
dybrd -- What is the dealer asking for the 04's you found?
And are they coupes or limiteds?
With the incentives Chrysler has given the dealers to move the 04's, you should have some room to get a great deal!

There was only one model in 2004. The Base was added in 2005.