CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/12031-someone-tried-breaking-into-my-car.html)

walker11 09-04-2006 11:36 PM

Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car

My dad and I run a local restaurant and take all the employees on a Labor Day trip every year. We leave our cars at the restaurant all day and return to find out that three of our cars have been vandalized. Two of the cars were covered in melted butter. As we are pulling up a lady walks over to tell us about two people trying to get into my car with a coat hanger. Luckily, her presence scared them off. But their fingerprints were all over the windows and doors. There is a bank with an outdoor ATM next door, and the cops said there was nothing they could do, not even check the camera in the ATM. Is it even possible to get in our cars with a coat hanger?

calGARY 09-05-2006 02:11 AM

Re: Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car

I hope no one can answer this for the safety of us all.
Do you think the alarm system worked at all ?

Thirteendog 09-05-2006 06:39 AM

It's only possible by hooking the door handle with the coat hanger and opening it that way. Technically it is possible but it would take some time.

Fritzauf 09-05-2006 12:13 PM

To serve and protect... :confused: I'd be extremely pissed. Go stand on your Mayors desk and demand a police report on the vandalism with a statement from the witness. Good luck!

dynamicS 09-05-2006 03:07 PM

They can easily get in, but once you lock the car, and roll down your window. Try opening the door by the handle, you'll see what happens, lol.

Even if they manage to get inside there's nothing they can do to start the car without the RF signal key. And the radio is worthless to install in any other car, due to the fact that the radio reads the vin code to make sure it's in it's correct place.

So there's really nothing they can do to your car unless they just want to slash your leather seats or steal parts off it.

Ronman 09-05-2006 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
They can easily get in, but once you lock the car, and roll down your window. Try opening the door by the handle, you'll see what happens, lol.

Even if they manage to get inside there's nothing they can do to start the car without the RF signal key. And the radio is worthless to install in any other car, due to the fact that the radio reads the vin code to make sure it's in it's correct place.

So there's really nothing they can do to your car unless they just want to slash your leather seats or steal parts off it.

Never heard of the radio reading the vin code? The radio is not married to the car like lets say a cluster or something. I've switched radios and so forth and they always turn on.

dynamicS 09-05-2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ronman
Never heard of the radio reading the vin code? The radio is not married to the car like lets say a cluster or something. I've switched radios and so forth and they always turn on.

You switched radios between crossfires? Or a crossfire radio into another car?

I've hear GM vehicles that have this feature in the late model stuff. I wonder why MBZ hasn't done the same?

Ronman 09-06-2006 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
You switched radios between crossfires? Or a crossfire radio into another car?

I've hear GM vehicles that have this feature in the late model stuff. I wonder why MBZ hasn't done the same?

Yes I had the dealer replace my stereo because I was having problems. Then I've tried buying a used crossfire nav system and had the worst luck but never any problems with the radio not liking what car it was in.

Cuse 09-08-2006 02:28 PM

I have C-4 under the hood for just such an occasion. It's sad, this is my 4th crossfire due to this security method, but it’s effective. Sure, I've lost 2 family members and my dog, but I've turned down the sensitivity on the alarm now, so hopefully I won't need to replace the car or the driveway again. :D

John Webster 09-10-2006 04:53 AM

ROFLMAO! Cuse.

I figured the best protection against theft was the Chrysler logo on the car. Nobody steals Chrysler cars.