CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Need your opinion (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/12159-need-your-opinion.html)

buggy4crossfires 09-16-2006 08:11 AM

Need your opinion

I have been looking for a badge to acknowledge the place that constructed our cars and finally found one. Where would you mount it? The answer to that will depend a lot on the size I see it is once it arrives but what are your thoughts? I'll post the dimensions of it once it arrives.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....6%2D141%2D901B

Blade 09-16-2006 08:28 AM

Re: Need your opinion

Probably not, but where are you considering mounting it?

buggy4crossfires 09-16-2006 09:09 AM

If small enough perhaps to right or left of rear license plate.

Midlife 09-16-2006 09:57 AM

There is a thread on this subject from a few months back. A Swiss (chxf) owner has these trés cool new Karmann badges on the little lower panel just behind the doors. Check it out.
Update: Here is the image from the Gallery.

Sennaspirit 09-16-2006 10:07 AM

Buggy,
I like Mid's suggestion if you plan to put two of them on. If you only to put one on in the rear, I'd suggest looking at placing it underneath one of the rear lights. I think the size of the logo might be a bit squeezed (will looked wedged in) if you try to put it next to the plate in the back.

I'm waxing the XF today, so if you send me dimensions, I'll play around with it a bit and let you know what I think.

Nice idea.

Thirteendog 09-16-2006 10:26 AM

In my humble opinion I believe putting a Karmann badge on the back of your car will look more like a dealer decal since most people who see it won't know where, or what Karmann is. Just my opinion.

acrispy1 09-16-2006 10:40 AM

I agree with thirteendog, i think it would look better on the sides behind the doors, if they are small enough.

+fireamx 09-16-2006 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
In my humble opinion I believe putting a Karmann badge on the back of your car will look more like a dealer decal since most people who see it won't know where, or what Karmann is. Just my opinion.

Once again 13K9 you beat me to the punch, I fully agree. People are going to be asking, where is Karmann Motors is located?

MI1XFIRE 09-16-2006 12:27 PM

Marc,

Depending on the size of the badge, below the gills on each side would probably be OK, (Like new GM cars...) I have seen a pic of an XF with it on in this location and it looked pretty good.
I don't know if I would want it on my car, but if you like it, go for it.

IMO: to some people Karmann = VW...

buggy4crossfires 09-16-2006 12:48 PM

I agree with the suggestion to put it on either side below and behind the door where Midlife showed our friend from Zurich put theirs. But I thought the badge I found would be too big for that spot. I also now see how one badge by the license might look like a dealers advertising. Midlife I love the badges your Zurich reference used. Do you have any idea where they got them? Perfect size and colorful too. Haven't rec'd the one badge I ordered yet but when I do I'll post dimensions.

buggy4crossfires 09-16-2006 12:50 PM

P.S. I love the 13K9 reference. I had to think for a minute.

maxxm 09-16-2006 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife
There is a thread on this subject from a few months back. A Swiss (chxf) owner has these trés cool new Karmann badges on the little lower panel just behind the doors. Check it out. Update: Here is the image from the Gallery.

That is a very nice and properly-sized Karmann emblem. Has anyone contacted chxf to ask where he got them and how much they might cost?

Midlife 09-16-2006 02:51 PM

buggy4crossfires: No. I just remember the thread and the pictures from the posting. I suppose since he is so close to the Karmann factory (relatively) he was able to cajole a pair from them. I have not seen a badge like that on any car in the US.

maxxm 09-16-2006 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife
buggy4crossfires: No. I just remember the thread and the pictures from the posting. I suppose since he is so close to the Karmann factory (relatively) he was able to cajole a pair from them. I have not seen a badge like that on any car in the US.

I just checked the Karmann site and every possible search term on eBay. Nothing on these emblems, unfortunately.