CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Traction Control Test (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/12304-traction-control-test.html)

brhertel 09-28-2006 02:27 PM

Traction Control Test

So I have been experimenting with the traction control, i.e. turning it off, because I have been hearing from you guys and magazines that it still intrudes even when it is off. So the other night I turned it off and made a quick right with a good amount of power on to kick the rear end out. Holy crap, the traction control let me just about spin all the way around! Scared me a little, but I chose a place where there was no cars, so it was safe and all, but I was really (pleasantly) surprised at how much the T/C will let you go when its turned off.

X_firedude 09-28-2006 02:38 PM

Re: Traction Control Test

the tc don't like donuts too much... ;) haha.

Thirteendog 09-28-2006 02:55 PM

The only time I turn it off is when I need to make a U turn. Going down the road, passed the damn starbucks tap the switch, slow a bit, turn the wheel, and kick the gas. Perfect 180 every time. :D

brhertel 09-28-2006 03:00 PM

Another plus with the T/C turned off is aggressive 1-2 shifts (in a manual). It lets the wheels chirp a bit and makes a night and day difference than with it on, where it cuts power when you dump the clutch.

themush1326 09-28-2006 07:17 PM

I thought the button turns off DSC, tractions control can't be turned off.

brhertel 09-28-2006 08:03 PM

T/C, DSC, whatever.

bobs 09-29-2006 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by themush1326
I thought the button turns off DSC, tractions control can't be turned off.

The button turns off the traction control to allow the wheels to spin so you can get the car un-stuck from snow/mud/etc... The ESC cannot be turned off unless you start pulling fuses.

themush1326 09-29-2006 06:27 PM

that's the opposite of what the manual says.

bobs 09-29-2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by themush1326
that's the opposite of what the manual says.

You are correct. I must have gotten my acronyms mixed up. :p The switch does indeed turn off the ESP and not the TCS. The reference I was thinking of is on page 170 of the 2004 owner's manual.

huudoo 04-18-2008 10:11 AM

HOLY MOLY ! just seent he OFF button , lol after all this time
good thing i ordered new tires

Stogey 04-18-2008 10:42 AM

Did the same thing just to satisfy my curiousity, pulling out of the Wally World parking lot onto the Interstate service road, flipped the switch on the dash and nailed it. Had the same "Holy Crap" experience !!! The thing about swapped ends on me !
Don't think I'll be doin that again anytime soon. :rolleyes: Yeah right :D

Just my Dos Centavos !

Aknester 04-18-2008 01:25 PM

During the Winter, I would turn it off when i picked up my 15 year old stepson from basketbal practice after school. He always insisted that we do a few donuts in the parking lot. You should have heard the kids whooping and hollering evertime. It was GREAT!!!

apkano 04-18-2008 01:57 PM

The dashboard button lets you get sideways, disabling the TCS/ABS allows you to do this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0

badseed1 04-18-2008 05:35 PM

now, how would I go about this removal of the TCS/brake-manager thing? Sounds handy for launching at the dragway.

apkano 04-18-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by badseed1
now, how would I go about this removal of the TCS/brake-manager thing? Sounds handy for launching at the dragway.

Pop out fuses #17 and #18 in the fusebox under the hood.

For some members it works....others not. Check out the thread here......

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...+control+fuses

MMZ_TimeLord 04-19-2008 02:15 AM

If you really want donuts... disconnect the Yaw sensor... it's under the center console, just aft (to the rear) of the shifter, bolted to the chassis.

Woody over in europe has an excellent video on here somewhere called 'dirty donuts'... can't do that with the ESP still enabled.

I think the ESP is forced off because the yaw sensor is 'faulty' so the system shuts itself off for safety.

Cheers!

apkano 04-19-2008 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
If you really want donuts... disconnect the Yaw sensor... it's under the center console, just aft (to the rear) of the shifter, bolted to the chassis.

Woody over in europe has an excellent video on here somewhere called 'dirty donuts'... can't do that with the ESP still enabled.

I think the ESP is forced off because the yaw sensor is 'faulty' so the system shuts itself off for safety.

Cheers!

Oh god......I remember that video.

If I remember correctly, he took a lot of s**t for that. I think I heard Andrew crying way up here in Michigan!:rolleyes:

Here's a link to the video..........http://classically-modern.com/Videos/dirty%20donuts.mov

badseed1 04-21-2008 02:52 PM

thanks for the help, guys!

Can't wait to get my license so I can go to the dragway and actually race lol. If I could just get that seatbelt chime off now...

NoCones 04-22-2008 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by badseed1
If I could just get that seatbelt chime off now...

You could always try fastening your seatbelt.

ZAHANMA 04-22-2008 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by NoCones
You could always try fastening your seatbelt.

hahahahahaha. QFT.

that is afterall how the rest of us get our seatbelt chimes to go off...