Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Outside Extended Service Warranties

Old 10-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outside Extended Service Warranties

I have a lease for about 50K miles, was thinking about getting an extended warranty bumper to bumper outside the 36K miles for the length of the lease. Daimler-Chrysler's is not worth it, was wondering if anyone knew of any private companies that may have a reasonable rate for an extended warranty.

Mike

Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Outside Extended Service Warranties

If you insure with GEICO they offer a very reasonable bumper to bump extended coverage for additional $50 for six months. The GEICO extended coverage is actually better then the Dodge/Chrysler, it will cover seals and you can drop it anytime. The only catch is you have to sign up before the standard warranty expires.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:15 AM

I called GEICO, they said if I wanted to get the extended warranty, that I had to do it when I got the car or shortly thereafter. I'm at two years. Any other suggestions?

Mike

Old 10-20-2006, 02:27 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There are a number of extended warranty companies out there. Google it, and you will find them. Not sure which is better, but you need to do it before your warranty runs out.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

To buy or not buy an extended warranty...

Sorry if this is OT, but it may be something to think about when deciding whether or not to purchase an extended warranty.

Many forum members, myself included, have received poor to mediocre service from Chrysler 5-Star dealerships when we take our Crossfire in for routine service or warranty work. The question I’ve asked before and have yet to get a response on other posts I’ve made on the subject is…

…what kind of service do you think we will receive under an extended warranty or for that matter, if you have to pay for the repair work once the manufacture’s warranty period has expired?

For what it’s worth, I think it will continue to get worse as the Crossfire becomes more and more of a red herring for the dealerships than it already is.

Any opinions?

Old 10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that the benefit of buying an extended warranty (I'm not sure about Chrysler) is that you can take the car to a Benz or private shop to get fixed. They are garage independent. If what you want is financial insurance from an expensive repair, it's the way to go.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Re: Outside Extended Service Warranties

Originally Posted by jlseagull
I called GEICO, they said if I wanted to get the extended warranty, that I had to do it when I got the car or shortly thereafter. I'm at two years. Any other suggestions?

Mike
I am sorry to hear that, evidently GEICO has changed their policy since I purchased it for 2002 Ram. I know there are other underwriters out there but I don't know how good their coverage is or how expensive they are. Hopefully, someone else has some experience.