CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   '04 Seats vs. '05 Seats (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/12589-04-seats-vs-05-seats.html)

blacklimitedcoupe 10-19-2006 01:14 PM

'04 Seats vs. '05 Seats

I will be installing my new Slate/Cool Vanilla Roadster seats in my '04 coupe this weekend. Before I pull the seats, does anyone know if the wiring plugs for the '04 seats are the same as the '05? It looks to me that I will just have to do a simple removal of the old seats and installation of the new ones. Pictures soon to come.

andrew 10-19-2006 06:02 PM

Re: '04 Seats vs. '05 Seats

yep... they are the same. unplug the harnesses and remove 4 bolts... cake.

just be sure to be extremely careful when pulling/putting the seat... many watch the top and as a result... the metal seat rail ends up gouging the painted door frame or the plastic door seal entry plate. :(

for protection... i would use a piece of cardboard to protect the area... bending it around the sill plate/door frame & duct taping it in place... i'd rather see you be safe then sorry. :D

upstate 10-19-2006 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
yep... they are the same. unplug the harnesses and remove 4 bolts... cake.

just be sure to be extremely careful when pulling/putting the seat... many watch the top and as a result... the metal seat rail ends up gouging the painted door frame or the plastic door seal entry plate. :(

for protection... i would use a piece of cardboard to protect the area... bending it around the sill plate/door frame & duct taping it in place... i'd rather see you be safe then sorry. :D

Wrong kimosabi, the plugs on the seats are different. Did the change and know first hand different plugs. Then sold my '04 seats to a guy with an '05 and they were different for him as well. My car is a late production Crossfire in '04.

porterhouse 10-19-2006 10:32 PM

unplug the harnesses and remove 4 bolts...

There are 5 bolts to remove. 4 for the seat itself and 1 for seatbelt.

andrew 10-19-2006 10:35 PM

damn... you all are killlin me here... there goes my creditability. :D

i stand to be corrected. ;)

but... just take my advise and go the protection route.

porterhouse 10-19-2006 10:35 PM

Don't forget to install the seatbelt bolt and the end cap before 4 bolts for the seat. I forgot to put the seatbelt nut and had re-do the removal and re-install process.

porterhouse 10-20-2006 10:56 AM

damn...there goes my creditability. :D

LOL. I know I am speaking for most of us. You are still our "go to guy" for answers. :D

jspies 09-10-2007 03:23 PM

Since the plugs were different, did you just hardwire the seats? I'm Trying to install seats that also have different plugs.

xfire2005 09-10-2007 06:17 PM

damn... you all are killlin me here... there goes my creditability. :D

i stand to be corrected. ;)

but... just take my advise and go the protection route.

That's OK. We understand it coming from a BMW guy. ;)