CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Truckload Of Brand New Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/12634-truckload-brand-new-crossfires.html)

Hattrick78 10-22-2006 08:39 PM

Truckload Of Brand New Crossfires

I couldn't believe my eyes...91 freeway, westbound in Riverside, CA, about 10:00 this morning...Eight brand new Crossfires on a car hauler. Four roadsters on top deck, and four coupes on the bottom. They were all brand new...with the all the shipping plastic covers and everything. I was going to follow them to see where they were going, but I had other commitments. There are only a hand full of Crossfires at So. Cal dealerships, and they've been there quite a while. I couldn't have been more surprised if I had seen a shipment of new Packards!!

Midlife 10-22-2006 11:44 PM

Re: Truckload Of Brand New Crossfires

Strange... I was driving East on I-30 Saturday morning outside of Greenville (East of Dallas) and saw the same headed west towards Dallas. A whole car carrier full of blue, graphite, white and silver - no red.

I was surprised and thrilled. I have been wondering where all the new cars Chrysler says they have were since you can't find them at dealers around here. I suppose DC was shocked to find a lot full of them on some Baltimore dock and said "Oh! There they are!" :p

Aero Blue 10-23-2006 12:50 AM

Maybe they were going back because they didn't sell. :eek:

Sennaspirit 10-23-2006 12:53 AM

AB,
The depth of your cynicism has stepped to a new low. :D

HDDP 10-23-2006 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
I couldn't believe my eyes...91 freeway, westbound in Riverside, CA, about 10:00 this morning...Eight brand new Crossfires on a car hauler.

Please have them drop one off at my house, I really need an extra one...

blacklimitedcoupe 10-23-2006 09:38 AM

Could they possibly be the 07's?

Sidez 10-23-2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
Could they possibly be the 07's?

I don't know which ones he saw, but you can tell the 07's from the previous models by the matching color windscreen.

crossfirefun 10-23-2006 04:03 PM

I hope they are 07's I want to trade mine for a new one next spring.

Midlife 10-23-2006 04:41 PM

I believe these were '05 models. I think I would have noticed the mono-color theme of the '07s.

dobro 10-23-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
I don't know which ones he saw, but u can tell the 07's from the previous models by the matching color windscreen.

I just tried to google image search "2007 Chrysler Crossfire" and got zero hits.
Zero.
"Elephant dung" gets over 900.

Nice marketing, Dr. freakin' Z.

FP 10-23-2006 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
I hope they are 07's I want to trade mine for a new one next spring.

Why would you trade for another Crossfire? They haven't changed. Would it be to go from a coupe to a roadster, or the other way?

Hattrick78 10-23-2006 09:38 PM

I didn't notice the mono paint job. The were definitely not overstock from dealers. The had all of the plastic stuff as though shipped from the factory. I saw black, aero blue, yellow, white, silver...for sure. They had to be going to OC or LA. Maybe some searching of dealers in the area might turn up some new stock??

MI1XFIRE 10-23-2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by dobro
I just tried to google image search "2007 Chrysler Crossfire" and got zero hits.
Zero.
"Elephant dung" gets over 900.

Nice marketing, Dr. freakin' Z.

I have a few pics of 07's in my gallery.

buggy4crossfires 10-23-2006 10:12 PM

If you saw white than it wasn't an '07. Word was that white was not going to be available for '07.

andrew 10-23-2006 10:14 PM

my dealer claimed today... there will be no '07 crossfire.

i guess we just need to see one on the ground at a local dealer in the US available "for sale" in order to validate.

Hattrick78 10-23-2006 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
If you saw white than it wasn't an '07. Word was that white was not going to be available for '07.

I definitely saw a white roadster. Must be 05's that were stashed away somewhere.

cross1973 10-23-2006 11:11 PM

About two months ago, I was talking to the GM of a chrysler dealer in Pittsburgh and talking crossfires. He said that 100+ '06 crossfires were sitting in Baltimore and that Chrysler was trying to work dealer with MB to take them back to Europe since they weren't selling in the states.

FP 10-24-2006 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by cross1973
About two months ago, I was talking to the GM of a chrysler dealer in Pittsburgh and talking crossfires. He said that 100+ '06 crossfires were sitting in Baltimore and that Chrysler was trying to work dealer with MB to take them back to Europe since they weren't selling in the states.

This does not sound logical unless there is a shortage in Europe. There are very few dealers that still have new 2005 models, very few. There is a market for this car in the US, as small as that market may be. 100 cars among the 48 contiguous states is not much. They would sell.

Aero Blue 10-24-2006 01:38 AM

Someone posted earlier about silver being a color for the 07's. :rolleyes: I wonder what they'll do about the front window surround, cove spears and door handle pulls to make them stand out. :confused: I love silver cars w/ red interior, figures they'd "possibly" make something like that after I lease something else, oh well, 20 more payments and I'm out anyways (yeah, 20 will go real fast I'm sure).

BTW, don't get me wrong, I like the car more now than I did a year ago and I think its because I've tried so hard to get rid of it and all it does is make me smile when I drive it and it just looks so damn good sitting in my garage all clean. :cool: