Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Service loaner issue

Old 11-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service loaner issue

So I had my first bad experience with chrysler service. I was hoping I would be one of the fortunate ones that had a smooth ownership, but I was wrong.
About 3 months ago, I brought my car in for a few issues. Wind noise at the windows, rattling in the rear when I go over a bumpy road, and some other small thing. I dropped my car off, everything sounds good. I get my loaner provided by Enterprise rent-a-car, and I'm on my way. I call a few days later, parts are being ordered. I call a few days later, it will be ready tomorrow. I get to the dealership to find that the car is not ready. This happened for the next few days. I get my car back after 10 days at service, everything is fine except for the fact that the car was very very dirty. I get it washed, no big deal.
Last week, I get a charge on my credit card from Enterprise for $200. I go to enterprise, and they tell me that Chrysler is only covering 5 days of the loaner. I go next door to chrysler, the service manager says he will look into it. 3 days later, I go back and he says that they will not approve the extension of the loaner. I speak to the Service director and I get the same answer. He says that since the parts were not "back ordered" DC will not cover the loaner for the additional 5 days. Needless to say, I am very upset. The Service director tells me that all he can do is give me a free oil change. I was tired of dealing with this, so I said fine, change it now, and they did.
Has anyone else had an issue like this? I accepted the oil change, but the more I think about it, it really upsets me that I am out $100 for my dealers incompetence. Does anybody have any suggestions on anything else I should do? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Re: Service loaner issue

I am sorry to say but it sounds like have been taken advantage of. Andrew would be the most knowledgeable on the ins and outs of loaner cars, unfortunately he has had his car in for weeks. However, it is my understanding that the Dealership is suppose to provide you with a car for the entire length of service.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Service loaner issue

The Premium Care plan is only good for 5 days per occurrence. They should have some provision for when the dealer doesn't work on the car for some of the days or when they have to order parts that take several days to get, but apparently they don't. This is just another of those things that sounds good on paper when you are buying the car, but when you need to use it isn't as good as you thought it would be. If you had them fix several issues while your car was in the shop you might try arguing that they should cover 5 days for each problem you had fixed. It probably won't work, but it's worth a shot.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 PM

OK...so my car has been in almost two weeks now (on Monday). I've had the poping out of first gear problem. They told me it would be 2 or 3 days to fix when I took it in. So they keep dragging me along, and now today they tell me that they broke the transmision housing and are going to have to order a new case. Now we're looking at next week sometime. In the interim, they put me in this Pacifica mini-van piece of junk from Enterprise. Right off they told me there's a mileage limit...no way I say, since I have to drive 80 miles each way to work. So they give me unlimited miles. I bought the "maximum care" extended warranty (yes, I am a sucker), so they say it covers everything on the rental except tax. At the rate this is going, tax could come up to quite a bundle. I swear...I'm about to snap!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Forum Regular

SO loaner cars or rentals are only for premium plan warantees correct? And not applicable to the 7 year 70,000 mile drivetrain warrantee?

Old 11-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dynamicS
SO loaner cars or rentals are only for premium plan warantees correct? And not applicable to the 7 year 70,000 mile drivetrain warrantee?
It is only good for the 3/36 bumper to bumper period.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless you purchased an extended warranty. If you did than it covers you for the period of the extended warranty as well.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Forum Regular

really?! well I'll be sure to take full advantage of that when I return my car tomorrow for more warrantee work! cool thanks guys!

Old 11-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dynamicS
SO loaner cars or rentals are only for premium plan warrantees correct? And not applicable to the 7 year 70,000 mile drivetrain warrantee?
By my understanding, the original owner had this rental/loaner coverage for the 3 year bumper to bumper. I discovered the option for 2nd owners to buy the coverage for $150...which I immediately did. When I received my documents from Chrysler they explained that the plan included a loaner car for any service...including oil changes. I think I'd better re-read the document. In any case 5 days of Enterprise is not quite what I expected. I've read from owners that posted here getting a 300C to drive while their car was in the shop. I think it was a very cheap upgrade...except it ended up costing me an additional $200 when they told me about the luggage, and I couldn't rest until I bought a set.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Forum Regular

I didn't think you had to pay a fee to transfer the loaner coverage since it is part of the 3/36 bumper to bumper that transfers with the car automatically. I could be wrong, but I thought the transfer fee was for the 7/70 powertrain only. You won't necessarily get a car from Enterprise. The dealer can give you one of their loaner cars or send you to a rental place with a $30/day allowance. I'm not sure if Enterprise is the only rental company that Chrysler works with.

Last edited by C_Plunkett; 11-10-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
I bought the "maximum care" extended warranty (yes, I am a sucker), so they say it covers everything on the rental except tax.
I don't believe that information about paying the tax is correct. The reason I say that is I have had mine in twice for warranty work; the weather-stripping replaced and the radio replaced with the dark on light display. Both times I was given a Enterprise rental car and didn't have to pay any tax.