Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire vs other sport-coupes

Old 11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire vs other sport-coupes

i just want to know everyone's opinion about the crossfire's standings compared to other sports cars of its class. i constantly hear about how the audi tt, the nissan 350z, and the honda s2000s are so much better. i never have compared my crossfire to these cars previously listed, but i know my car has a lot of features and is pretty quick. if anyone has raced or compared his or her crossfire some other sports car, let me know any advantages and downfalls.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Crossfire vs other sport-coupes

One advantage is that Crossfires, for the most part, aren't all done up in ricer add-ons like many of the s2000s and 350Zs are -- gives the Crossfire a little more class. Also, I think the Crossfire handles better than both of them. It may not be quite as quick off the line, but it'll hang with them in the long run.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grphtmtlc11
i just want to know everyone's opinion about the crossfire's standings compared to other sports cars of its class. i constantly hear about how the audi tt, the nissan 350z, and the honda s2000s are so much better. i never have compared my crossfire to these cars previously listed, but i know my car has a lot of features and is pretty quick. if anyone has raced or compared his or her crossfire some other sports car, let me know any advantages and downfalls.
I am a car enthusiast, but I don't race. So I can’t give you numbers in terms of competition because there are too many variables, especially if mods come into play. I have friends and relatives with a TT, and 350Z, BMW Zs. I driven them and can tell you, I prefer my XF over them, any day.

Last edited by FP; 11-12-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll defer the answers to this question to the racing forum since MMZ-Timelord and I just spent the weekend running a very tough technical road course against a bunch of different cars. MMZ is still in Buttonwillow and won't get back to San Francisco till tomorrow, so I'll wait to let him chime in on this question.

Just watch the Racing Forum over the next week or so, you'll see some great photos & video and also get an earful about how the stock SRT6 does against a race prepped limited and a bunch of other cars, including the C6 Corvette.

PS: My car is so much faster than I am !!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1000557.JPG (391.1 KB, 439 views)

Last edited by HDDP; 11-13-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Talking Re: Crossfire vs other sport-coupes

Fire handles really well on curves an acceleration from 4th to 5th gear is great in the 6 spd coupe 2004. I do not race for sport but in Miami, fl. people tend to try you a little. I have only been really eaten up by a BMW 645...don't ask me why i was racing him but i love riding on curves...The TT seems to be very quick but the Z is to heavy to hang...been tested many times!

Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by gurutek24
but the Z is to heavy to hang...been tested many times!
BULL S H * T !!!

Old 11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I would have to agree with HDDP on this one... The 350Z is a VERY competent car for road racing situations.

I was having a VERY hard time keeping up with the two stock models in my HPDE level 1 class and they were running just about the same as me as far as experience.

They hug the curves just as well as an SRT6, but I doubt that a limited would be able to hold that same line as the sway bars are weaker.

Maybe the 350Zs you've been up against are just crap drivers gurutek24?

Old 11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Forum Regular

I'll take my SRT-6 anyday. But my G35 (same as the 350z) does out corner the SRT-6. Funny the G35 also out handles the 350Z. The G35 has a longer wheelbase and is slightly slower than the Z...and I haven't seen any riced out G35's as of yet!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 PM

I just got rid of my s2000. The s2000 does handle better and is also a convertible. It also is faster off the line. But you are talking about a car that redlines at 9k. I went with the crossfire for it's looks, the way more comfortable ride. In my opinion this car is not for someone who wants to race. It's a car for cruising and for getting alot of stairs and people says "wtf" was that?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
I'll defer the answers to this question to the racing forum since MMZ-Timelord and I just spent the weekend running a very tough technical road course against a bunch of different cars. MMZ is still in Buttonwillow and won't get back to San Francisco till tomorrow, so I'll wait to let him chime in on this question.

Just watch the Racing Forum over the next week or so, you'll see some great photos & video and also get an earful about how the stock SRT6 does against a race prepped limited and a bunch of other cars, including the C6 Corvette.

PS: My car is so much faster than I am !!!

Well done Derek! Can't wait to see the photos!

...and I haven't seen any riced out G35's as of yet!
True, but have seen plenty "pimped" which is just as bad.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
BULL S H * T !!!
+1...

unless the z had a bad driver you should have been smoked...the xf is underpowered compared to the cars mentioned...the z is actually only approximately 150 pounds heavier...and put out 70 more bhp...do the math.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM

Raced against 350Z and Z4. 350 on sticky tyres was about 3 seconds a lap faster Z4 .018. In a straight line the 350Z ran away must have something to do with the additional 50 Kilowatts with the Z4 3.0 slightly and I mean slightly pulling away. Both the Z and I were pushing 225 Kph on the straights with the Beemer outbraking me. Just my two cents worth.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not into the racing end of things either anymore but go take an hour or two drive. Count the TT's, S-2000's and 350-z's. They're everywhere then ask yourself "how many Crossfires did I see?" ... probably not many (unless you live in Detroit) we have a very unique car and that says it all for me.

Pat

Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by patpur
Not into the racing end of things either anymore but go take an hour or two drive. Count the TT's, S-2000's and 350-z's. They're everywhere then ask yourself "how many Crossfires did I see?" ... probably not many (unless you live in Detroit) we have a very unique car and that says it all for me.

Pat
I agree... MMZ-TimeLord and I were at the track this weekend and we had more attention than the Ferrari's and Maserati's...

Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 AM

I just went from a 2003 350z to a 2004 crossfire limited.
The Z is much faster, handles better, and offers better feel and connection to the road. It is a much truer sports car.

Having said that, I actually prefer the crossfire. It has a much nicer interior. Its engine while not as powerful, is much more polished and smooth. The Z has an engine originally designed for truck applications and it is harsh and obtrusive at any rpm above 3,000. I used to turn up the stereo in the Z to insulate myself from the front engine noise, with the crossfire I often turn down the stereo just to hear its distinctive roar. The ride of the crossfire is less harsh.

Overall the crossfire is GT while the Z is a sports car. Right now a GT suits me better.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Z,
I do exactly the same, I don't listen to the radio much, just the engine note and the tires rolling along. This thread is has been interesting in that, finally we're hearing some acknowledgement of what this car is and is not, and some of us are just fine with that.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Z,
I do exactly the same, I don't listen to the radio much, just the engine note and the tires rolling along. This thread is has been interesting in that, finally we're hearing some acknowledgement of what this car is and is not, and some of us are just fine with that.
Amen...

Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zless
I just went from a 2003 350z to a 2004 crossfire limited.
The Z is much faster, handles better, and offers better feel and connection to the road. It is a much truer sports car.
You should drive an SRT-6. It'll make you think your Z was tied to a stump!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gurutek24
but the Z is to heavy to hang...been tested many times!
I have recently switched over from a crossfire (6 spd) to a g35 coupe. If you like the crossfire's handling, power and etc. then I think you'd love a g35. Great power, handling, backseat, unlimited mods (for those interested in modding), and still a unique style. I can honestly say, the z would eat a crossfire given similar drivers. I got the automatic G35, and just recently raced my buddies '06 stang gt (convertible, manual trans). He gets me off the line, and if the race was light to light, or to 60, I'd lose everytime. But we took it up just over 1/4 mile. More like 3/8. And I caught him around 100 mph everytime, and actually passed & pulled on him. (No, he wasn't letting up). Maybe it's gearing? The aerodynamics? (only .29 drag, minimal lift). Not real sure. But, I know for sure, if I had the crossfire forget it. Maybe, just maybe, the crossfire could go from a roll at like 100 mph. But anything less would be a waste of gas for the xfire. And don't forget the Z weighs less than the G35 by a few hundred.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 AM

I just switched to an srt-6 from a 350z, for which I had over 3 years. I loved the Z, great handling, pretty quick, and loved the looks, especially the color I had, Brickyard. I always liked the Crossfire, the interior, the exterior, but I wanted to go to something faster, which is why I chose the srt-6. I don't think I would have traded the Z for a non srt-6 model.

I first drove a non srt-6 and it would not be able to hang with my Z...no way. The srt-6 is another story, would of blown my Z out of the water. I wanted to purchase another Z, install a turbo, which would of made me happy, but after 3 years I wanted something different. I love the Crossfire, I will even more when I get the Renntech package :-)...which leaves one last thing, I hate that there is almost no aftermarket, the Z had everything...

Quick Reply: Crossfire vs other sport-coupes