CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Member HELP ASAP --- DYNO RESULTS (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/13460-member-help-asap-dyno-results.html)

HDDP 12-23-2006 11:41 AM

Member HELP ASAP --- DYNO RESULTS

I need help from all the forum members who have had a dyno done on their car so I can try to lower the provisional classification of the Crossfire for the 2007 racing season. It seems that my sanctioning body (NASA) thinks the car puts more HP to the wheels than it really does. And the 2007 rule changes will put the Crossfire in a very un-competitive class.

Could everyone who has had a dyno done on the Crossfire please post a copy here so I can forward it to the National Auto Sports Association Technical Director for his evaluation.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

golfdude 12-23-2006 01:25 PM

Re: Member HELP ASAP --- DYNO RESULTS

Woops, sorry I started an entirely new thread for my own run...here it is:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13463

I was able to convert the dyno run file to jpg successfully.

x'ed 12-23-2006 03:59 PM

how much do they think it has? and when are you gonna get your car on a dyno man!

HDDP 12-23-2006 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
how much do they think it has? and when are you gonna get your car on a dyno man!

I already have two dyno's for my car... I'm just trying to fudge the 2007 rules to prevent my up-classing to TTC for the 2007 season... They hit me hard with rule changes that puts me in a higher class because of the modifications and weight reduction I have on my car...

So getting dyno print-outs from other Crossfires will help my case... Showing that the car is putting less power to the wheels than the rules are specifying...

x'ed 12-25-2006 09:48 PM

how much did you put down with your mods?

HDDP 12-25-2006 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
how much did you put down with your mods?

I'm only getting 192 hp at the wheels, but I'm running rear 275/35/18 Hoosier racing tires that add +20 modification points and I have reduced the weight of the car from OEM wet curb weight of 3,050 lbs to 2,640 lbs this adds +12 points.

Since you asked,

Here's how it breaks down for the 2007 rules. The car is base classed in TTE with +7 points . Each mod. carry's + points. The car can stay in TTE class if modification points do not exceed +20. Then it is up-classed to TTD with modification points of +21 thru +39. Then if any other modifications points are assessed, it bumps up another class with points +40 thru +59 that places it in TTC. etc. etc. etc.

My car is being assessed modification points as follows.
Racing tires +10
Increased tire width +10
Reprogrammed ECU +5
Modified Air intake +1
Non OEM Shocks +3
Non OEM Springs +2
Modified Exhaust +1
Removal of Catalytic Converter +1
Non OEM Brakes +2
Weight Reduction +12

Total points assessment +47

I'm still going to kick A S S this season, even in TTC.

bobs 12-26-2006 06:37 AM

Ummm Derek, maybe I'm mis-interpreting things here, but aren't you running OEM brakes? Granted they're from the SRT-6 but they're still factory equipment. That could save you a couple of points.

stryfox 12-26-2006 10:57 AM

The +10 points on tire width seems a bit much. How much wider are you tires? Stock width may be better on the next set instead of the +10 if you can get a race tire in the factory size.
I'm sure you thought of this but who knows maybe you overlooked it.

And if they weigh the car with the driver you could always eat at McDonald's first! lol.

HDDP 12-26-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by bobs
Ummm Derek, maybe I'm mis-interpreting things here, but aren't you running OEM brakes? Granted they're from the SRT-6 but they're still factory equipment. That could save you a couple of points.

In theory they are OEM brakes, but from a different model. I already tried that ploy with the tech director, he denied my request.

HDDP 12-26-2006 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by stryfox
The +10 points on tire width seems a bit much. How much wider are you tires? Stock width may be better on the next set instead of the +10 if you can get a race tire in the factory size.
I'm sure you thought of this but who knows maybe you overlooked it.

And if they weigh the car with the driver you could always eat at McDonald's first! lol.

The 2007 rules are kinda bad for certain cars. Since the Crossfire is Base Classed in TTE they have determined that those cars in TTE should have 235mm tires regardless of the OEM tire size. And every 20mm increase carries +5 points. I'm running 275's on the rear, so I get dinged +10. I could go back to the 255's, but with all the other points assessed to me this year, it doesn't really matter.

The only other thing I'm hoping to do is get a waiver since the car puts such low HP to the wheels. Either that, or I'm just going to have to figure out some additional mods to get the HP up.

golfdude 12-26-2006 12:39 PM

HDDP...275's in the rear? Don't you think that is a little too wide for the rear (more understeer)? The car is naturally set-up for understeer, and if I were to be modifying the tires, I would keep the rears the same width and just increase the width of the fronts. Of course your suspension set-up is not stock anymore.

+fireamx 12-26-2006 12:58 PM

Derek, You could have your heads and exhaust manifolds "Plasma" port polished, And your heads and manifolds port matched? There is somebody who will even take your stock exhaust manifolds and "slice" them in half and hog em out and re-weld them back to look stock. Or did you get headers for your car? I can't remember.
These are all "tricks" some of the more serious "Pure Stock" drag racers use to pull some extra HP out of their "stock" engines.
How about changing the Cams?
Since you are about the only one who is running a Crossfire at the races, are you doing so well that NASA feels that they have to reclassify your car because you have an "unfair" advantage? Can't they tell it's because of the driver? ;)