Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

early lease pull ahead/buy out

Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default early lease pull ahead/buy out

with a lot of people leases ending soon or having already ended can someone tell me if chrylser has a early lease pull ahead similar to GM? in that they will end your lease 3-6 months early if you lease/buy another DC product? i am at the 6 month mark and am starting to look for a replacement.

also for those that have ended your lease what was the buy out price offered, was it the residual or the market value of the car? thanks.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: early lease pull ahead/buy out

I'm leasing a 300 and was told they would buy back up to 6 months if i would lease another Chrysler.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Before we bought our 2001 330M we leased it for 36 months and our dealer was always trying to get us to lease another vehicle and he would end our lease early. Money was never discussed so I don't know what the terms would have been. He also has tried to get me to end my lease early on my crossfire and get a SRT 6, but I'm happy with my limited.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have approx 6 months left on my lease and I've heard nothing from Chrysler. I have gotten promotional mail from Honda about my lease ending. Go figure. Unless they offer some killer deal, I'm not leasing another Chrysler product.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: early lease pull ahead/buy out

I tried getting out of my Crossfire, but I'm going to try and sell it outright in March. If I were to get another Chrysler product it would be a 300C or maybe the Caliber SRT-4.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM

thanks for the info. i spoke with the dealer and they said they have a 3 month offer. my next vehicle will be something i can tow with as last year i bought a jet ski and don't really want to borrow my buddies truck anymore. anyway i am going to take a look at the aspen, commander, and a few gm products.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 AM

Hey, if any of you hear anything about the buy out price, please let me know. Right now my plan is to buy my Crossfire once the lease ends in May (a nice little college graduation present to myself)!

Thanks.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM

The Chrysler lease pull ahead program differs based on the model you are planning to lease. New popular models like the Compass? - you get nothing. Slower selling models with big inventories like the 300? - you get up to six months.
My problem with pull-aheads is that you really aren't getting anything - you still will have payments on the new car. The only reason to do it is if you absolutely hate your current car.

Also, keep in mind that you can negotiate your buyout at the end of the lease; I've done this successfully a couple of times for much less than the residual value in the lease contract, and I bet Crossfires coming off of lease now have a much lower resale value than what is in the contract. Chrysler financial or the bank don't like to take back cars, because they have to clean them up and put them back in inventory, or sell them at auction. So they are more than happy to listen to offers at the end of the lease.

I have 6 months left on my lease, and haven't heard from Chrysler either. These guys really don't have their act together when it comes to communicating with owners.