CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   How rare is Oyster Gold? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/17267-how-rare-oyster-gold.html)

todk64 08-09-2007 01:10 PM

How rare is Oyster Gold?

Hey guys,
I haven't been on here in a while, but we just got in a 2006 Oyster Gold 6-speed Limited Coupe w/ 3,300 miles. I've never seen this color before and was wondering if anyone knew how many were built. Thanks!

419-302-1691

spensley 08-09-2007 01:21 PM

Re: How rare is Oyster Gold?

Don't take this the wrong way, but...
Why is a dealer asking the general public?
I would of thought you had more resources at your fingertips than us minions.

todk64 08-09-2007 02:51 PM

There aren't any places to find production information through Chrysler. These websites are the closest thing we have. I know that yellow was rare, but I've sold 3 yellow roadsters in the last 2 months and have another in my inventory. I never knew that this gold color was made, but when I hired in last October of '05, we weren't stocking any more new Crossfires either. Just thought I'd ask.

NeverEnough 08-09-2007 04:14 PM

Hmmm, I've seen several yellow ones around here, but I'm sure I've NEVER seen a Gold one. Interesting. Could you please post a picture???

http://images2.auction123.com/sizequ....jpg?web001lnw

Never mind, did it myself. Interesting color. Not sure if I like it, but interesting anyway. I call Geezer Gold or Old Man Tan.

FP 08-09-2007 04:44 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if it came with a different color interior, and more chrome in place of the silver trim. It comes with a gray interior.

Sidez 08-10-2007 12:12 AM

I have seen many crossfires in my area and some in other areas including Monaco, Russia, Armenia, France... but I have yet to see a gold one... other than that I have seen all other possible combinations I would think... I don't really care much for the color... but still would be interested in seeing one..

They are only 2006?

nox1s 08-10-2007 12:14 AM

I actually saw a gold one with my mom (in her minivan, none the less) on the way to Somerset Mall in Troy, Michigan.

Mediacritic 08-10-2007 03:34 AM

I saw a gold one just the other day. Not my cuppa tea, but not bad looking (it IS a Crossfire, after all). I have no idea how many were made, though.

+fireamx 08-10-2007 11:48 AM

I saw that color on the Crossfire at the 2006 New Car show in Detroit.
I think I've only seen one on the road since then.
Not my favorite, but I'm glad they made more colors to choose from.
I would have liked to have seen a Crossfire in bright "Viper" red.

ColoradoXFire 08-10-2007 12:39 PM

The color looks nice on the Chrysler website where you can choose Xfire colors. That photo that NeverEnough posted makes it look drab. I kinda liked the color until I saw the photo. No idea how many were painted Oyster Gold, though.

khanable 08-11-2007 10:42 AM

You can check my member gallery for some shots of my oyster gold xfire. I'll take some more pics later on since it's such a nice sunny day.

The color looks much much better in person. Has a sort of class to it. It's nice.

todk64 08-11-2007 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took this shot yesterday to group our inventory together. Its a pretty cool picture. Pretty cloudy though.

Blueaero 08-11-2007 03:39 PM

Tom, I just bought my SRT Coupe from Ahl last Saturday. The brown coupe was nice, second one that I have seen. You guys have great prices for Crossfires. Thanks for a great deal.

todk64 08-11-2007 04:12 PM

Thanks again, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you myself, but Charlie helps me out from time to time. I was at Mid Ohio for the AMA Superbike races last weekend. But I'm glad Charlie was able to get you taken care of. If there is anything else we can help you with, or if you have any questions please let me know.

todk64 08-14-2007 11:10 AM

This might be really rare, My used car buyer told me last night that he just bought 4 more Crossfires, one of which was an Oyster Gold Limited Roadster. Now that's got to be rare.

I'll be sure to update my inventory under the thread "only 13 left" in Cars For Sale as soon as I have more information

419-302-1691

FP 08-14-2007 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by todk64
one of which was an Oyster Gold Limited Roadster. Now that's got to be rare.

Do you know what color interior this comes in?

todk64 08-14-2007 11:23 AM

I'll have to check on it when it gets to the dealership. Might be here today.

Aero Blue 08-14-2007 06:43 PM

I think that Gold is sharp as hell, but if someone were to add some bronze colored wheels to it, THAT would really set it off. :cool:

FP 08-14-2007 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aero Blue
I think that Gold is sharp as hell, but if someone were to add some bronze colored wheels to it, THAT would really set it off. :cool:

I've said this before, the issue with this color is that the grey/silver trim does not go well. If the trim was chrome, including the wheels, and the interior a nice two tone tan and cream color, it would look sharp. Add a brown tone window tint, and it's kick-***. ;)

khanable 08-14-2007 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aero Blue

weird, all of my friends say the same thing...

so how much do you think it would cost to powder coat the window trim, rims, door handles, side spikes, front upper + lower grilles?

:D

if it's reasonable I'll deff get it done. just did some photoshop work and it does indeed look cool.