CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Indy-Cator Shift Knob (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/17321-indy-cator-shift-knob.html)

DanielNTX 08-12-2007 10:33 PM

Indy-Cator Shift Knob

10 Attachment(s)
So I replaced the factory shift knob with a knob called Indy-Cator that I imported from Germany from a company called Gaslock GmbH. It took four weeks to get from there to here. Installation took about 30 minutes. Removing the old shift knob was easy and then I had to run the wire to where the stereo exists. Then you have to train the knob on a hill (car facing down and then up). I don't believe any of the claims the manufacturer makes about better gas mileage, but I think it looks cool and matches the car and my stereo well. The knob is made of carbon fiber and has an aluminum top. The weight is pretty good, but I wish it was slightly heavier.

Here are the pics:
Reverse - 1 -2 - 3 - 4 -5 -6 - Neutral and then some other views.

DanielNTX 08-12-2007 10:33 PM

Re: Indy-Cator Shift Knob

1 Attachment(s)
And here's one side view:

marauderroy 08-12-2007 11:29 PM

That is way cool.

Mike-in-Orange 08-12-2007 11:36 PM

That's actually pretty slick! Looks like it integrates well with the car too, as does your headunit (what is that, by the way?).

DanielNTX 08-12-2007 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
That's actually pretty slick! Looks like it integrates well with the car too, as does your headunit (what is that, by the way?).

A Pioneer DEH-880PRS.

HDDP 08-13-2007 01:12 AM

That's really cool... Good find... Thanks for sharing with the forum...

NeverEnough 08-13-2007 01:31 AM

I wanted one of those a while back, but I couldn't find a way to get it here...

Obviously, I don't need on now...

infared12 08-14-2007 07:24 AM

That's pretty awesome. Where did you find that cigarette lighter?

beasticles 08-14-2007 09:41 AM

Very cool... how much did that set you back by the way?

FP 08-14-2007 10:32 AM

Me likes. ;) Very very cool. Do they make one for the auto?

DanielNTX 08-14-2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by infared12
That's pretty awesome. Where did you find that cigarette lighter?

I don't smoke. It's actually a rechargeable LED flashlight. It's made by Coast. More info on it here. You can get it for around $20 on ebay or other online stores.

DanielNTX 08-14-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrobinso
Very cool... how much did that set you back by the way?

It's kinda expensive. It was $169 plus $20 to import in to the United States and a long wait time.

I was also considering this:

The Maven Mark One: http://www.mavenmotorsports.com/

Weight - Precision balanced to 472g (1.04 lbs). The mass is concentrated at the top of the knob to maximize the pendulum effect while changing gears.
Material - 100% solid medical-grade stainless steel. This alloy will not tarnish or leave a metallic smell on your hands like other knobs. It's surface hardness is much higher than aluminum to resist scratching.
Shape - Over 30 revisions were made before the final shape was realized. The contoured shape fits snugly in the palm of your hand. The overall height has been reduced to shorten the shift throw.
Texture - Spun finish controlled to within 64 micro inches (less than 0.000064"). Please see some of the enlarged shots in the gallery for a closer look.
Fitment - The Maven Mark One uses a machine-cut thread to ensure a 100% OEM fitment. The standard M10 (metric 10mm) thread will fit a variety of cars. Many imported models use this style of thread; please see the product page for a list of tested vehicles.
But in the Texas hot sun, that thing is like the heat grip of death.

DanielNTX 08-14-2007 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by FP
Me likes. ;) Very very cool. Do they make one for the auto?

Nope it's for manual transmission only.

CrossfireMan1999 09-26-2007 10:51 PM

can you send me the website for the gaslock indy cator... is there a certain specification thats needed for the crossfire? get back to me... thanks.

Sidez 09-26-2007 11:00 PM

very good looking knob.

pe3046 09-27-2007 06:24 AM

As someone just learning to drive a stick, what is the benefit of the digital display vs. on like the maven? They kind of gloss over this on their website. The maven for $60 seems to be a pretty good price, and seems to follow function before form a lot better then the momo's.

eeric 04-20-2009 03:10 PM

Hey… took me awhile to reply… WAY COOL :p
Really fits very well into your car with the head unit