CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   can I install a supercharger ? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/17327-can-i-install-supercharger.html)

thesquad 08-13-2007 12:32 PM

can I install a supercharger ?

Hi everyone, how you can see, i'm brand new here, and by the way french, so excuse me if I don't use the specific word about some stuff.

I just bought an crossfire limited and I want to know if it is possible to install a supercharger just like the srt6 (I didn't buy a SRT6 in the first place because of the spoiler, I didn't liked it).

So in fact, I would like to know, if it is possible to have the srt6 engine in the coupe standard crossfire ? if so, what would be the price of it ?

By the way, my crossfire isn't new, it has 27,000 miles...

Thank you for your answer.

spensley 08-13-2007 01:23 PM

Re: can I install a supercharger ?

You can search on the forum - adding a supercharger has been discussed before.
Why not just upgrade to an SRT6 - better handling too???

thesquad 08-13-2007 01:45 PM

Thank you for your answer...

The fact that i didn't choose the srt6 in the first place was for the spoiler. I wanted the back of the car to be rounded, without the spoiler... that's one of the things that made me buy the crossfire in the first place.

Sorry for bringing back the discussion on the supercharger, but I did a search on the forum. I haven't found anything interesting about it (most of the post when i type 'supercharger' is from the SRT6 forum). I may be missed the thread you're talking about... I'll keep looking.

RPM 08-13-2007 02:07 PM

Much of the engine internals differ from regular Crossfires to SRT6s (also exhaust, suspension, etc.).
You can't just slap a SRT6 supercharger on one. The ECU would need reprogrammed (or replaced) for it to work properly too.
I think Kleiman (sp?) makes a supercharger upgrade though.

thesquad 08-13-2007 02:24 PM

Yeah I heard about the Kleiman (not sure of the spelling either) in this forum, but I haven't find anything about it on google... (at least not german which i don't speak a word of it).

spensley 08-13-2007 02:25 PM

Well, to answer your question...

So in fact, I would like to know, if it is possible to have the srt6 engine in the coupe standard crossfire ? if so, what would be the price of it ?

Yes, it is possible to have the srt6 engine in the coupe standard crossfire.

Regarding cost - I have no idea - what's an srt6 engine cost? then add labor etc.
I still think the cheaper option would be to change the spoiler on an srt6 to the NA spoilers.

Or do you just want the supercharger, and not the whole engine?

thesquad 08-13-2007 02:48 PM

Yeah, I was just thinking about upgrading my engine...
I just want to upgrade my engine as well as the SRT6 is... 330 hp.

Sorry if i haven't been clear...

I tried to find a website with some information on a specific supercharger for the crossfire, but haven't found anything.

is the SRT6 supercharger an AMG one ? if so, do you thing AMG can sell me the supercharger so I can install it myself (or my mechanic) ?

stallion8797 08-13-2007 03:35 PM

Yes this is absolutely a possibility and an easy one at that.

Just fork up about 20k and you'll be on your way...

CrossfireLTD 08-13-2007 03:39 PM

This will cost BIG BUCKS...better off as mentioned...buy an SRT6 and switch the trunk then you will have the Limited spoiler...much more cost effective.

Sidez 08-13-2007 03:54 PM

I think it is 20k from kleeman...

thesquad 08-13-2007 04:16 PM

That much ? I didn't think it will cost me another car to upgrade my engine...

crossfreak 08-13-2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by thesquad
That much ? I didn't think it will cost me another car to upgrade my engine...

I don't think it's that much. Kleeman is an exclusive upgrade shop for Mercedes. Since the motor is the same. I've heard of 11k for a supercharger for an slk. I wouldn't think it would be more than that. While not cheap it will get you some pretty good power and Kleeman stands behind their products and installs. As long as a kleeman certified dealer installs it. I've heard of many people shipping their car out to Colorado Springs so Cory, at kleeman, can do the install himself.

http://kleemann.dk/site

MMZ_TimeLord 08-13-2007 06:39 PM

You'd be better off swapping for an SRT6 and downgrading your wing to the base/limited version (even if you had to put it on a totally manual switch) if all you want is the rounded back end and no SRT wing.

Good luck!

Louie K 08-14-2007 10:45 AM

You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

thesquad 08-14-2007 10:51 AM

Ok, with all those news, I completely changed my mind. ;) lol.

I'll stop thinking about upgrading my engine, and enjoy it until i'll buy the SRT6...

I might install lambo doors though...
I don't really like tuning, but here in france, the crossfire isn't know much... So i can do anything without telling i have done some tuning. :)

I think one lambo door kit is official for the crossfire, as i saw in this forum, but i'm not sure yet which one.

Valk 08-14-2007 01:34 PM

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

You will find yourself reading in here for hours if you make the time. I enjoyed reading the earliest posts dating back to 2003. You will see posts from original members that were on waiting lists for there Crossfires and paying upwards to $40,000 for them. Be sure to load some photos of you car into the member gallery to share with others here. Enjoy the new ride !!!

Aero Blue 08-14-2007 06:41 PM

IMO the standard Crossfire engine has too much compression ratio for a S/C'er (11:3:1). :eek:

ShawnQ 08-14-2007 08:02 PM

There is an SRT-6 Crossfire Engine/Transmission on Ebay for $3,995 with almost no miles on it.

That is a steal if you think about it...and if I was in your boat, I'd consider it if it came with some wiring, ECU, etc..

SQ

Aero Blue 08-15-2007 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
There is an SRT-6 Crossfire Engine/Transmission on Ebay for $3,995 with almost no miles on it.

That is a steal if you think about it...and if I was in your boat, I'd consider it if it came with some wiring, ECU, etc..

SQ

That would be a cool combo into a PT Cruizer and make it RWD while your at it, it can be done as I've seen RWD Focus'. :D