CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   new to forum clicking noise under hood (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/17356-new-forum-clicking-noise-under-hood.html)

talbot 08-15-2007 12:29 PM

new to forum clicking noise under hood

i'm new to forum. i bought new crossfire limited roadster '06 two months ago love the car. in first gear or reverse clunking noise not real loud but its there is this normal. my last car was an '04 mazda rx8 6 speed. the rx8 didn't seem any faster than the xfire. in fact the rx8 had no low end torque. i would really have to beat it to get it to move 8,000 rpm or more 9,000 redline. my point is that during my normal sort of fast driving the xfire is quicker but i'm not a drag racer type.

NeverEnough 08-15-2007 12:45 PM

Re: new to forum clicking noise under hood

Originally Posted by talbot
i'm new to forum. i bought new crossfire limited roadster '06 two months ago love the car. in first gear or reverse clunking noise not real loud but its there is this normal. my last car was an '04 mazda rx8 6 speed. the rx8 didn't seem any faster than the xfire. in fact the rx8 had no low end torque. i would really have to beat it to get it to move 8,000 rpm or more 9,000 redline. my point is that during my normal sort of fast driving the xfire is quicker but i'm not a drag racer type.

Is it a Manual or Automatic?

talbot 08-15-2007 01:08 PM

i have a 6 speed manual.

danimal 08-15-2007 01:10 PM

Your title says clicking under the hood, but then the description describes it as a clunk which would be more of a transmission/u-joint/differential kind of noise...not sure what to tell you without further details.

talbot 08-15-2007 01:13 PM

it is a klunk while already in gear and sometimes after a shift.

danimal 08-15-2007 01:20 PM

Okay, now I got you...mine does that sometimes if I'm lazy on the clutch. If you don't disengage the clutch quick enough you will get a clunk for sure. It takes a while to get used to shifting this thing...after more 'seat time' you will get it figured out.

talbot 08-15-2007 01:33 PM

i don't think so, it happens while car is in gear. it's not real loud but i tend to notice everything. it sounds like drive shaft klunk but is definitely coming from the front the car. is under warranty but i'm afraid of dealer mechanics unless absolutely no choice. had bad experiences with vw service, mazda service, most can't work clean. had a jeep same chrysler same.

danimal 08-15-2007 01:39 PM

Don't know then. Sounds like a trip to the dealer to me.

talbot 08-15-2007 02:02 PM

thanks anyway, i will let you know the outcome.