CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Just received new Nav Disks from Chrysler (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/19181-just-received-new-nav-disks-chrysler.html)

62thunderbird 10-31-2007 07:04 PM

Just received new Nav Disks from Chrysler

Got them under warranty and they are dated 2004 as I feared. Dealer said these are the latest as they came directly from Chrysler, brand new. Chrysler Customer Service cannot give out info or part numbers on any nav update.

That being said, I tried it and it worked quite well, although a perspective Garmin/TomTom map would indeed be preferable.

CrossfireLTD 10-31-2007 07:17 PM

Re: Just received new Nav Disks from Chrysler

There will not be any NAV updates for our NAV Radios, this is directly from Chrysler and Navteq.:mad:

jackei 10-31-2007 09:06 PM

Just curious, wondering how does the NAV radio looks different from a regular radio.

CrossfireLTD 10-31-2007 10:48 PM

The center button on the top row is black on a non NAV Radio.

Sidez 10-31-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
There will not be any NAV updates for our NAV Radios, this is directly from Chrysler and Navteq.:mad:

what kind of updates would you want?

ShawnQ 11-01-2007 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
what kind of updates would you want?

Street additions, name changes, two-way to one-way changes, etc.

So that when new streets are made, or streets are changed...your nav will know.

The street my house is on isn't even on my Nav map. It was built in 2004

Mr. F 11-01-2007 08:16 AM

i'd like for the nav to work better in the Toronto area. i was ready to rip it out of the car.

AlG 11-01-2007 08:50 AM

I got my disks last week too and I was ticked that they were from 2004 and my roadster is a 2005 so hopefully the directions will be ok and just the smaller and newer streets will be left out and really, who goes to them anyway. But I suspect that many of the smaller and less well known "points of interest" that are on there will be gone by now. Haven't used the nav system yet because basically I know where I'm going.

62thunderbird 11-01-2007 03:24 PM

Nav Unit Not All That Great

Tried my new disks out and the Nav unit does work as advertised, except for missing local expressways, some new exits and streets added in the last 3 years. On my drive home tonight (38 miles) I was "off road" for half the trip according to the unit.

Don't know if I'd trust it now for long trips. Guess I'll go for a TomTom and keep this one as a souvenir. Glad I didn't pay extra for it.

antonio311 11-02-2007 02:03 AM

My navigation seems to work perfectly, it seemed to list all the new streets that i've seen.

62thunderbird 11-02-2007 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by antonio311
My navigation seems to work perfectly, it seemed to list all the new streets that i've seen.

I assume your disks are labeled 2004? If your's have a more recent date, tell me. I'll hound the dealer.