Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I am sooo Mad!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am sooo Mad!!!

Well my car has been in the shop for 7 days now, the lifters were making a tick, I was suppose to get her back yesterday, but after putting her back together, they heard another noise and said they refuse to let me have it like that,the dealer is good so hoping it gets done...crap tomorrow will be 9 days without it...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I am sooo Mad!!!

Originally Posted by CoupeGirl
Well my car has been in the shop for 7 days now, the lifters were making a tick, I was suppose to get her back yesterday, but after putting her back together, they heard another noise and said they refuse to let me have it like that,the dealer is good so hoping it gets done...crap tomorrow will be 9 days without it...
any one ever heard of the leds in the display going bad had a few dead ones, dealer said it was a bad cable on the Batt, they replaced the cable and gave me a new batt, I can't see how that would effect the leds in the speedo...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least it's not 3 months... and they know what the problem is. I didn't have mine all summer and when I finally got it back my basketball hoop feel on it and it took another 2 weeks to get that fixed correctly.

But, I do feel for you. Any amount of time not in the Crossfire is to long.

Last edited by 04Fire; 11-15-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM

i had problem with clocking spring on seat belth replaced
they put part wrong and coused traction control light to go on
but they fix problem in one day.i guess depends on techs no hows

Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM

what would of been u'r post if you took the car home yesterday... and then you heard another "noise"?

Sounds like you have a good dealership working with you...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fflores
what would of been u'r post if you took the car home yesterday... and then you heard another "noise"?

Sounds like you have a good dealership working with you...
funny you should say that got a call from my dealer, they cant seem to get the tick to go away, talking all new engine or all new insides...the engine will be more cost effective so I will know more tomorrow... I am hoping for the engine...I miss my baby so much the volvo dealer i bought it from gave me a '07 S60 to drive...till mine comes back...i feel so old in a volvo, but a great dealer...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CoupeGirl
funny you should say that got a call from my dealer, they cant seem to get the tick to go away, talking all new engine or all new insides...the engine will be more cost effective so I will know more tomorrow... I am hoping for the engine...I miss my baby so much the volvo dealer i bought it from gave me a '07 S60 to drive...till mine comes back...i feel so old in a volvo, but a great dealer...
I know the time is a real stress, but it really does sound like you have found the 1 in 1,000,000 dealers that actually has your best interests at heart. Sounds to me like you are getting GREAT service. Maybe we should all take our cars to Volvo Dealers.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I know the time is a real stress, but it really does sound like you have found the 1 in 1,000,000 dealers that actually has your best interests at heart. Sounds to me like you are getting GREAT service. Maybe we should all take our cars to Volvo Dealers.
I have found a GREAT dealer, the service advisers call me about 6pm to give me a complete update, the engineer is coming by tomorrow and will make the call, my adviser said he want it to purr when it leaves and will not let it leave till it does, some reason i am not worried that he is true to his word, I have a local dealer here in town BUT the volvo dealer i bought it from said the would feel better talking it a hour way to gainesville, and they were right a awesome dealer...I still miss her though, she was suppose to get paint job on here bumper today , volvo said when she comes back. PS the dealer in gainesville is a dodge dealer with a full time Crossfire Mechanic...

Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular

I hope its done soon, how long does it take to change a engine???

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM

My car was at the dealer for 2 months, had all of it's electronics replaced for nothing, messed up my interior with scratches, had to redo everything, and the problem still wasn't repaired properly. Oh, I had to clay bar the whole car because it was covered with black over spray. I got an almost new interior out of it though. This is why I wish it DID have a Mercedes badge on it.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should try using a different oil, before letting the dealer tear the engine apart. maybe 5w-40.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
you should try using a different oil, before letting the dealer tear the engine apart. maybe 5w-40.
they tried that, did not work, also they tried to clean the oil channels, put it back together and still a tick...the tick is very annoying so I am for the new engine...or tearing it down...

Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cgocifer
My car was at the dealer for 2 months, had all of it's electronics replaced for nothing, messed up my interior with scratches, had to redo everything, and the problem still wasn't repaired properly. Oh, I had to clay bar the whole car because it was covered with black over spray. I got an almost new interior out of it though. This is why I wish it DID have a Mercedes badge on it.
yea, i agree MB takes care of the customer, but the Dodge dealer is really amazing, going to make a website of my experience ..and thank god i transfered my powertrain warranty the minute i bought it... This seems like crap owned the car 3 weeks 2 weeks in shop, but really love the carso sticking with it still a good deal at 13K.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Really? I've heard nothing but the opposite about the MB service...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fflores
Really? I've heard nothing but the opposite about the MB service...
I had 9 MB so far and the service is expensive, but I remember pulling in for a oil change and the leather on my dash was peeling on my SLK, the gave me a benz to drive and replaced the dash door panels and console box all with out asking...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Forum Regular

My engine ticks off and on too really bad at start up and faintly when warmed up... With my car it will all go away for a while if I blow the cobwebs out of it a couple times and start it up the next day it purrs like a kitten. Strange isn't it? I'd think it would be the other way around. I just learned to be a little more aggressive with it and it's been better.

Last edited by No Warning Shot; 11-16-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by No Warning Shot
My engine ticks off and on too really bad at start up and faintly when warmed up... With my car it will all go away for a while if I blow the cobwebs out of it a couple times and start it up the next day it purrs like a kitten. Strange isn't it? I'd think it would be the other way around. I just learned to be a little more aggressive with it and it's been better.
I agree hard is better, but this started ticking really loud, so what the heck had the dealer take it in have a new volvo (Yea) so I rather get it done now since the dealer i bought it from is standing behind it 100%, and paying my ded. and having a new batt and dash light checked and replace they also are painting my hood and bumper (rock spots) so I am happy supose to find out tonight if they will replace the engine...or ???

Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Forum Regular

They have started the tear down so monday will tell if i get new internal parts or a new engine, they said they will know then...my poor baby!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if it's the chain tensioner making the tick? Also the chain sprocket is coated with a rubber compound to reduce noise, if this has worn off it could be making all the noises you described, have the dealer install a new chain sprocket before touching the rest of the valvetrain. could be because there is no oil on the chain sprockets in the morning start-up, which is why it is loudest at this time.

It would be great if you can take a picture of the the valve buckets and cam lobes to check for wear, I have a feeling there is nothing wrong with the cam or the buckets. maybe I'll ask HDDP to inspect his NA motor since he's pulled it out of the car. would like to see some comparo pix.

Last edited by Maxwell; 11-17-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular

The dealer is a hour away but have a DR appoint. up there so will just show up....and bring a camera....they have just about checked everything at first they thought it was the lifters to me it sounds like valves.....the tick never goes away....thats why i brought it in I hated going thru a drive tru and hearing the tick bounce off the wall

Quick Reply: I am sooo Mad!!!