CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Crossfire aftermarket wheels & Tuning (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/23779-crossfire-aftermarket-wheels-tuning.html)

Ian_jobson 04-21-2008 03:47 PM

Crossfire aftermarket wheels & Tuning

Hi, im new and considering a crossfire, Im a UK member and currently drive a 273 bhp ibiza cupra, im a little concerend ill miss the power in teh crossfire so wondered whats out there to tune them and what gains i can expect, also where can i get wheels that fit these things properly, my understanding is these are the fitments Front: 18x7.5", 5x112, ET35, 225/40/18, 66.5
Rear: 19x9", 5x112, ET22, 255/35/19, 66.5 but we are extremely limited on crossifre bits here in the UK,

Thanks in advance

Ian

MMZ_TimeLord 04-21-2008 04:06 PM

Re: Crossfire aftermarket wheels & Tuning

Plenty of wheels out there for Mercedes Benz SLK 32/320... guess what... pretty much the same wheel specs.

I happened to get wider wheels on mine... check my signature for more details.

Plenty of others have different wheels to.

As to tuning... the search engine is your friend here... give it a shot.

Welcome and cheers!

stevieb 04-21-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ian_jobson
Hi, im new and considering a crossfire, Im a UK member and currently drive a 273 bhp ibiza cupra, im a little concerend ill miss the power in teh crossfire so wondered whats out there to tune them and what gains i can expect, also where can i get wheels that fit these things properly, my understanding is these are the fitments Front: 18x7.5", 5x112, ET35, 225/40/18, 66.5
Rear: 19x9", 5x112, ET22, 255/35/19, 66.5 but we are extremely limited on crossifre bits here in the UK,

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi ian,

As the Timelord has stated the Crossfire is a much better designed:) Mercedes (RI70) SLK320, sharing many parts.
Lots of info and help can be found on this forum.
Buy one you wont be dissapointed.

I have owned an M3, Nissan skyline GTR (500BHP) and still love this car.

You can still add to performance by going the normal route ie: Exhaust, Air intakes, ECU Remap so dont be put off.
Otherwise buy the SRT-6 with the supercharger and blow away your Cupra!!!

Regards
Steve

Ian_jobson 04-22-2008 09:53 AM

Thanks guys, was aware of the relationship to the SLK but wasnt sure they had the same fitment wheels, and good to see there are ECU maps available for these in the UK too!

stevieb 04-22-2008 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ian_jobson
Thanks guys, was aware of the relationship to the SLK but wasnt sure they had the same fitment wheels, and good to see there are ECU maps available for these in the UK too!

Well if you get one let me know and we can chat about the ECU upgrade and other add ons.

Steve

Traviss 10-01-2017 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord (Post 226377)
Plenty of wheels out there for Mercedes Benz SLK 32/320... guess what... pretty much the same wheel specs.

I happened to get wider wheels on mine... check my signature for more details.

Plenty of others have different wheels to.

As to tuning... the search engine is your friend here... give it a shot.

Welcome and cheers!

I have a chance to buy an AMG 19" set of wheels off of a 2015 SLK. Will the offset work on my 2006 Crossfire?

ZERACER 10-01-2017 03:51 PM

This is a nine year old thread.
Try posting under Wheels and tires?