CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Local shop tried to scam me (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/23831-local-shop-tried-scam-me.html)

NeedPatience 04-23-2008 01:00 PM

Local shop tried to scam me

Back in December I hopped a median avoiding two deer and ended up having to have my suspension replaced. So I got my car back with a new suspension about mid January. About 3 weeks ago I take my car in for State Inspection at Mr. Tire by my job. While I was there I asked them to take a look at my alignment because my car had been pulling to the left. They checked everything out and called me back to the shop and said that I needed new camber bolts for the front left. I told the guys I find that hard to believe because the suspension is brand new. They said the wrong bolts were installed and that it would cost me $188 for new bolts and after all the work is done they would charge me $318. I told them thats ok and that I would take it to the shop that worked on my car.

I call the shop up and tell the mechanic the problem and he starts laughing. I tell him I'm going out of town and when I get back I will bring the car. I go yesterday and I give him the printout from Mr. Tire. He says IMPOSSIBLE! He checks my car and all the bolts are factory and where they need to be. He gives me a free alignment and I'm on my way.

Needless to say I want to go to Mr. Tire and thank them for trying to scam me but I don't think they would get it. They probably figured a young kid with a nice car, he has some money to burn lets get him.

Mr. Tire
5624 Ox Road
Burke, VA 22039

InfernoRedXfire 04-23-2008 01:06 PM

Re: Local shop tried to scam me

Gotta be careful of those chain shops. Several have been busted lately for scams. Customers were told they needed a repair, the repair shop charged them for it and the repair was never made.

Cobra953 04-23-2008 01:44 PM

You need to take a few minutes and report this to your State Attorney Generals Office, most have a consumer affairs fraud division. Perhaps you can stop them from ripping someone else off.

SRT6 Dan 04-23-2008 01:46 PM

OK go back and say order all the parts you guys need and then go back and tell them you want a side by side comparison for each part they say is incorrect ! Be sure to tell them you want to capture on your camera so you can sue the bast*rds that screwed you !!! :rolleyes:

NeedPatience 04-23-2008 04:36 PM

Just mailed a letter to the Better Business Bureau and I'm writing one to the BIG office of Mr. Tire.

ntrikit 04-23-2008 05:06 PM

When I had my last VW Jetta, I was told it needed an alternator. I paid for it, it was on the receipt, but when I got the car back, it had a new belt and my old alternator was cleaned and painted gloss black. It still didn't charge the battery, but boy was it pretty.

There is a special section in hell for scammers.

Shawnkey 04-23-2008 07:08 PM

We don't have MR. Tire down here, but that is the second complaint I have heard of them doing things like that. Also, that is the only two times I have heard of MR. Tire.

beasticles 04-23-2008 10:09 PM

Needpatience, where you located at? I live right near the intersection of Burke Centre parkway and Ox Road. I haven't stumbled across any members so close by!

Harleyracefan 04-24-2008 08:50 AM

I had a similar curb incedent where the allignment was bad. took it back and they had to put in an excentric bolt (Its like a cam) which means that the original bolt would not allow for enough adjustment. maybe thats what those guys are talking about?

VAGuy22204 04-25-2008 08:47 AM

Thanks for the warning. I've never used Mr. Tire and I'll make sure that I never do!