CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Impressions first 500 miles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/27783-impressions-first-500-miles.html)

Paganstreak 09-07-2008 10:30 PM

Impressions first 500 miles

It's been less than a week and about 500 miles and I see why so many here love this ride.
First.... filled up the tank after a 205 mostly freeway trip, 27.8 mpg, I should get close to 30 on a long trip.The best I was getting on my '08 Scion XB was 29/30 freeway so I'm happy:).
Handling is spot on, I'm 5'9" so it fits just right. The body has some of the sexiest lines I've seen on a car.
This has to be one of the most underated cars ever, too bad Chrysler dropped the ball in marketing, but better for us price wise.
Btw did I mention how much fun mountain roads can be, the ride up to Lake Tahoe has always been great fun on a bike and now just as much on four wheels. HOZARR!!

crossfirefun 09-08-2008 01:49 AM

Re: Impressions first 500 miles

Good to hear you are having fun and enjoy the car. These cars are the best kept secret in the world.

Valk 09-08-2008 05:47 AM

Welcome to the forum !!
I am glad you love the Crossfire.
Most everyone here is passionate about theirs and the fun has just begun for you.

Congratulations !! Gary

04Fire 09-08-2008 11:36 AM

Congrats on your new ride! What color?

tighed1 09-08-2008 12:01 PM

Con-grats on the new ride!
Are you mistaking the cruise control lever up with the turn signal lever? I've had my SRT for a few weeks now and STILL get them mixed up!!!!

rodimus 09-08-2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Are you mistaking the cruise control lever up with the turn signal lever? I've had my SRT for a few weeks now and STILL get them mixed up!!!!

I did that constantly when I first got mine. I thought I was going to rip the cruise control off??

Voyager 09-08-2008 12:34 PM

yeah i drove a slk32 for a while and that happened to me. i thought i was always going to be in cruise control every time i turned. so when i got my srt-6 i was used to the placement

PhillySRT 09-08-2008 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1

Haha! I did that for at least the first few weeks but have since adjusted. The one time I almost hit someone because I backed off the accelerator but it was on cruise so it kept moving. That was a little scary.

Brent 09-08-2008 08:11 PM

I've had mine going on three years and still mix them up occasionally. Slow learner here.