CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   how to find factory warranty length? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/27996-how-find-factory-warranty-length.html)

v8valiant 09-16-2008 09:41 PM

how to find factory warranty length?

ok so heres the deal the dealer where i got my crossfire told me i was buying it with the remainder of the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty, because i was the second owner and it was transferable to the second owner. i took it into my local mopar dealer and their saying its only 3 year 36,000 mile, how do i know which one is right? because i need to set my local dealer straight and so they know its a 7, 70,000 or call the dealer i bought it from and question them why they told me it was when it wasnt, and request a extended warranty from them. anyone have any ideas?

maxcichon 09-17-2008 05:17 AM

Re: how to find factory warranty length?

1-800/992-1987

Call Chrysler Customer Care and register as the new owner.

Call them and have your VIN and the dealers info on-hand.

They will be able to tell your right then what your remaining coverages are.

Do not trust the dealer to follow through on this, mine didn't and I was almost SOL.

Did you pay the $150 or whatever transfer fee when you took delivery?

The phone call took me about 15 minutes and was well worth it.

tighed1 09-17-2008 06:38 AM

I considered calling but went to the local dealer so that I would have hard copies of the paperwork to verify that I had transferred the warranty.
Believe that you have 30 days from the date of sale to make the transfer.
Cost me $50 and yes I have a receipt.

Arge 09-17-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by v8valiant
ok so heres the deal the dealer where i got my crossfire told me i was buying it with the remainder of the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty, because i was the second owner and it was transferable to the second owner. i took it into my local mopar dealer and their saying its only 3 year 36,000 mile, how do i know which one is right? because i need to set my local dealer straight and so they know its a 7, 70,000 or call the dealer i bought it from and question them why they told me it was when it wasnt, and request a extended warranty from them. anyone have any ideas?

I think what you may find is the Power Train in 7/70, but the remainder of the car is 3/36.

v8valiant 09-17-2008 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Arge
I think what you may find is the Power Train in 7/70, but the remainder of the car is 3/36.

yea thats what there saying that the power train is 3/36 like its an srt but it not, i will be making a phone call today i guess is there any way they can send you that info after the call? i didnt have a transfer fee. thanks everyone for the help!

v8valiant 09-17-2008 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
1-800/992-1987

Call Chrysler Customer Care and register as the new owner.

Call them and have your VIN and the dealers info on-hand.

They will be able to tell your right then what your remaining coverages are.

Do not trust the dealer to follow through on this, mine didn't and I was almost SOL.

Did you pay the $150 or whatever transfer fee when you took delivery?

The phone call took me about 15 minutes and was well worth it.

that number doesnt work? anyothers?

v8valiant 09-17-2008 09:02 AM

that number doesnt work? anyothers?

found it 1 800 992 1997

maxcichon 09-17-2008 12:56 PM

found it 1 800 992 1997

Jeez, sorry about that!:(

I couldn't "cut-n-paste" it!

Let us know what they say?

The dealer might have eaten the transfer fee, but I'm sure there had better be a paper trail of it for the transfer to work.

Follow up on this!

I really have a sour taste from my selling dealer, and I won't go near them again. Lazy or crooked, I don't know and I don't care.

I can't trust them!

Arge 09-17-2008 02:08 PM

Just wondering if you went back to the original dealer to see what happened? If it was just an error on his part he could easily fix it.

donschorr 09-20-2008 09:11 AM

If your car was a lease or rental it is not eligible for the 7/70 power train warranty, I know because I argued the same point, mine was a 2005 leased vehicle prior to my purchase.

Don

chucky 09-20-2008 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Jeez, sorry about that!:(

I couldn't "cut-n-paste" it!

Let us know what they say?

The dealer might have eaten the transfer fee, but I'm sure there had better be a paper trail of it for the transfer to work.

Follow up on this!

I really have a sour taste from my selling dealer, and I won't go near them again. Lazy or crooked, I don't know and I don't care.

I can't trust them!

I agree with you about the trust issue and dealers. I purchased my 04 Ltd, was told that as the second owner, the 7/70 powertrain warranty was transferable. Being potentially pricey if repairs would be needed, I made the deal contingent on the transfer of the powertrain. I was told that the remainder of the basic 36/36 would automatically come with the car. I received a VIP report from the dealer saying that the powertrain was transferable and that it had been transfered.

Fast forward to present time today. My 36/36 warranty has ended ten months ago. I go into the dealer and ask about other service contracts that would cover what the 7/70 powertain would not. They pull up a coverages report and tell me that I do not have the powertrain warranty, that the car was never eligible for this because the first owner opted to have it non-transferable. MIND BLOWER! I tell them that I would not have purchased this car if it did not have a transferable powertrain. When I purchased this car, I made a BIG deal about this and it was written on my original purchase papers as a requirement for purchase. The dealer then tells me that I can buy a maxcare service contract, 60mths/50k for $3200. I went home and called Chrysler. Indeed, I did not have the powertrain, was never eligible to get it, was running around the past ten months with no coverage of any kind and no idea of this potential disaster.

I went online the next day and purchased a Chrysler maxcare service contract, same as the dealer wanted to sell me except I got it for $2000 less than the dealer quote. I had no idea of what these things should cost and almost got taken by the dealer (again).

All kinds of monkey business has happened since I found out about my powertrain scandal. It turned into an ugly overblown thing. I guess it is because of the purchase stipulations on the car, no warranty, not buying it. People doing the "not me," nobody returning your calls, the inevitable "take me to your dealership owner." Yes, it got as far as dealership manager disappearing suddenly the day of a meeting and staff finally finding him at home saying he suddenly took ill and had to leave. It got to the point where someone went into the system and changed the warranty on the car to make it have the 7/70. If you know anything about warranties and service contracts, you know that if you change what the car originally had at time of purchase, you change what coverage you can buy. It sounds confusing but what that means is that my car, without the 7/70 powertrain coverage is eligible for the maxcare package that I bought. Now that someone changed the original warranty information on my car to having the 7/70 powertrain, they have invalidated the coverage I purchased. The vehicle cannot be covered under my purchased plan because someone changed the specs! They did all these things without even trying to talk with me about what I wanted to have done. These guys are operating in another dimension, a totally unprofessional and extremely unacceptable place. If you make a mistake, then be a man or woman and own up to it. You do not do things that are so very wrong to make it right. They actually thought that giving the car a 7/70 would make everything square. I have been talking with Chrysler about my problem so they are not unaware of this situation. They know that my car is not supposed to have a 7/70. How do you explain that it suddenly has one now.

I am presently waiting for "someone" to change my vehicle warranties back to the original true specs. I finally got the dealer to sit long enough for me to tell them that I would be happy with the return of my transfer fee and a few bucks for my gas and phone calls. I have been waiting for two weeks and hope to wrap this thing up by weeks end. I've received nothing so far from the dealer but excuses and aggravation.

"I can't trust them!" is so true. You need to be extra vigilant and check everything with Chrysler at the corporation, not your dealership. My dealer told me that if my engine had walked out during that time when I supposedly had, but actually didn't have coverage, they would have paid, even if it was thousands of dollars. I can't even get them to return my transfer fee for a non existing warranty, how in the heck would they cough up for an engine?

maxcichon 09-21-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by chucky
I agree with you about the trust issue and dealers. I purchased my 04 Ltd, was told that as the second owner, the 7/70 powertrain warranty was transferable. Being potentially pricey if repairs would be needed, I made the deal contingent on the transfer of the powertrain. I was told that the remainder of the basic 36/36 would automatically come with the car. I received a VIP report from the dealer saying that the powertrain was transferable and that it had been transfered.

Fast forward to present time today. My 36/36 warranty has ended ten months ago. I go into the dealer and ask about other service contracts that would cover what the 7/70 powertain would not. They pull up a coverages report and tell me that I do not have the powertrain warranty, that the car was never eligible for this because the first owner opted to have it non-transferable. MIND BLOWER! I tell them that I would not have purchased this car if it did not have a transferable powertrain. When I purchased this car, I made a BIG deal about this and it was written on my original purchase papers as a requirement for purchase. The dealer then tells me that I can buy a maxcare service contract, 60mths/50k for $3200. I went home and called Chrysler. Indeed, I did not have the powertrain, was never eligible to get it, was running around the past ten months with no coverage of any kind and no idea of this potential disaster.

I went online the next day and purchased a Chrysler maxcare service contract, same as the dealer wanted to sell me except I got it for $2000 less than the dealer quote. I had no idea of what these things should cost and almost got taken by the dealer (again).

All kinds of monkey business has happened since I found out about my powertrain scandal. It turned into an ugly overblown thing. I guess it is because of the purchase stipulations on the car, no warranty, not buying it. People doing the "not me," nobody returning your calls, the inevitable "take me to your dealership owner." Yes, it got as far as dealership manager disappearing suddenly the day of a meeting and staff finally finding him at home saying he suddenly took ill and had to leave. It got to the point where someone went into the system and changed the warranty on the car to make it have the 7/70. If you know anything about warranties and service contracts, you know that if you change what the car originally had at time of purchase, you change what coverage you can buy. It sounds confusing but what that means is that my car, without the 7/70 powertrain coverage is eligible for the maxcare package that I bought. Now that someone changed the original warranty information on my car to having the 7/70 powertrain, they have invalidated the coverage I purchased. The vehicle cannot be covered under my purchased plan because someone changed the specs! They did all these things without even trying to talk with me about what I wanted to have done. These guys are operating in another dimension, a totally unprofessional and extremely unacceptable place. If you make a mistake, then be a man or woman and own up to it. You do not do things that are so very wrong to make it right. They actually thought that giving the car a 7/70 would make everything square. I have been talking with Chrysler about my problem so they are not unaware of this situation. They know that my car is not supposed to have a 7/70. How do you explain that it suddenly has one now.

I am presently waiting for "someone" to change my vehicle warranties back to the original true specs. I finally got the dealer to sit long enough for me to tell them that I would be happy with the return of my transfer fee and a few bucks for my gas and phone calls. I have been waiting for two weeks and hope to wrap this thing up by weeks end. I've received nothing so far from the dealer but excuses and aggravation.

"I can't trust them!" is so true. You need to be extra vigilant and check everything with Chrysler at the corporation, not your dealership. My dealer told me that if my engine had walked out during that time when I supposedly had, but actually didn't have coverage, they would have paid, even if it was thousands of dollars. I can't even get them to return my transfer fee for a non existing warranty, how in the heck would they cough up for an engine?

Chucky,

You didn't buy it in Auburn, Ala-by God-bama did you?

I really hope that new buyers of Crossfires read this thread, it may save a whole lot of aggravation and money!

Mr. Burns 09-21-2008 09:24 AM

Hmmmmm, VERY interesting 'food for thought'....I am currently in serious talks with a private seller of an 04 Crossfire who is using the 8 / 80,000 warranty as a strong selling point, yet I would become the Third owner of the car......Thus no warranty protection, right???? Hmmm, it sounds like owning this car will cost me lots of headaches....My second choice is the new Dodge Charger....

Monty

amx1397 09-21-2008 09:25 AM

I did this and got warrenty info how many trips to the dealer and for what, check it out.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=27370