CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Rain Water Leak...What I did about it. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/29706-rain-water-leak-what-i-did-about.html)

rekcah 11-18-2008 01:53 PM

Rain Water Leak...What I did about it.

2 Attachment(s)
The problem is there is a pool of water in the passenger side foot well from all the rain here is Seattle.

I took the cowl off and there was no blockage. The hole for the blower motor does look like there should be a cover. So I made one out of plexiglass, weather seal, and a lot of duct tape. I also removed a rubber thing from the wall separating the right side drain.

I had to drill holes on the top of the plexiglass because the blower motor can't suck in any air. Now there is no water getting in, but it creates another problem. Apparently covering the hole for the blower motor also keeps all the hot air inside the car. When I turn off the car and leave it alone for awhile, it steams up my windshield and windows and they collect water vapor.

The next time want to drive, I have to wipe them down with paper towel, because turning up the heat and fan wont do the trick.

But hey, it beats a pool of water in the car. Time to design a new cover.

onehundred80 11-21-2008 12:13 PM

Re: Rain Water Leak...What I did about it.

Maybe the wet windows are from the wet carpets drying out. It has to go somewhere.

kingkub57 11-22-2008 05:43 AM

I would have to say you still have water in your car because the excess moister is more likly your problem with the windows collecting moisture, check the under side of your carpet to see if they are wet, if they are not wet, I would think you still have a water leak

04Fire 11-22-2008 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Maybe the wet windows are from the wet carpets drying out. It has to go somewhere.

I would agree... the extra padding in our carpets soaks up water like a sponge. It'll take a while for all the water to evaporate.

unclewilly1954 09-13-2010 04:54 PM

there are two drains for the cowling, one you cannot see. It is by the long tube. There was about five gallons of water total in my wifes car. pull the carpet up and see. Best thing to do is remove the carpet and let it hang out to dry.I took five days in the Texas heat 100 degrees.Also I got a check engine lite that did not go away until I blew out the computer modules and connector s with air under passenger feet. Had to clear the code with code reader. Plexiglas with holes in it doesn't sound very OEM!

rekcah 09-13-2010 05:41 PM

plexiglass might not be oem, but it fixed my problem.
And i've never had to look at it again.

zombiehunter 03-15-2013 11:44 AM

Is there a fix to this yet?

justiunheber 10-11-2017 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by zombiehunter (Post 729358)
Is there a fix to this yet?

Yes if someone is looking for a leak detection company then they must pm me so that i can suggest them the best expert for them in their area.

onehundred80 10-11-2017 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by justiunheber (Post 895912)
Yes if someone is looking for a leak detection company then they must pm me so that i can suggest them the best expert for them in their area.

SPAM SPAM
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
The Monty Python song should be playing.
CLICK

ala_xfire 10-11-2017 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 895916)

SPAM SPAM
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
The Monty Python song should be playing.
CLICK

You could always put one of these in your passenger footwell : ( It's called a "Leak Frog " ) :
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...377db75e6b.png

skroadster 02-05-2019 02:27 AM

I am currently dealing with heavy rainstorms in Southern California and have a lot of water in my passenger area in front of the seats. At first I thought it was coming from the roadster's side window, but I could feel the water dripping from the underside of the dash. I assume I need to remove the front cowl and that my drain lines are plugged. Where are the drains located under this cowl? Is there one drain at each end of the cowling?

onehundred80 02-05-2019 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by skroadster (Post 918605)
I am currently dealing with heavy rainstorms in Southern California and have a lot of water in my passenger area in front of the seats. At first I thought it was coming from the roadster's side window, but I could feel the water dripping from the underside of the dash. I assume I need to remove the front cowl and that my drain lines are plugged. Where are the drains located under this cowl? Is there one drain at each end of the cowling?

One at each end two in the middle as I recall.

skroadster 02-07-2019 02:40 AM

Thanks. Are they connected to hoses? Blow them out and/or slide a coat hanger wire through to clean?

onehundred80 02-07-2019 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by skroadster (Post 918714)
Thanks. Are they connected to hoses? Blow them out and/or slide a coat hanger wire through to clean?

The blockage is normally over the drain hole and maybe slightly down the drain hole. You do not want to force the jam tighter and further down the pipe. Look and see what your situation is. You can see the end drains behind the rubber combs.