Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cupholder has to go...

Old 11-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cupholder has to go...

Okay, so it's way past my bedtime and I've still got homework to do, but oh well...

(Yes that was a joke I don't have a "bedtime")

So i was looking at my "cupholder" today, and I was thinking, this car has the allure to where i could pull off saying "it doesn't have a cupholder" to people, BUT... I think this handy flip up space could make for a very stylish mod if used for something more/less practical. I'm willing to put in the work I just want some members to toss ideas at me!

What I've thought of so far:

New Spoiler switch (with the block in the fuse where it doesn't come up automatically)
Practicality, zero.

Phone Holder with built in charger (possible full flipdown to conceal the phone entirely?)
Practicality, eh, maybe a little bit.

Remote Bass boost **** for subwoofer amp.
Practicality, quite a bit actually, and wouldn't be hard at all.

A small readout screen for vehicle info (Tire pressure, exact engine temp, batt. voltage, etc.) with a scrollable menu
Practicality: WHOO! (But as for actually accomplishing this...I don't quite know what I could work out.

BEGGING FOR IDEAS

Please excuse any terrible english as I have been writing in Dari (Afghan language) for the last 5 hours.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cupholder has to go...

I've often thought about hiding an external gain control for my JL amps somewhere in there....

Old 12-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
I've often thought about hiding an external gain control for my JL amps somewhere in there....
I knew I wasn't crazy! haha. hopefully can get a little more input from some folks, could be fun to see what everyone come's up with. (Andrew will just want to keep a bottle of quick detailer and a microfiber dispenser in there)

Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Condom dispensor?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Condom dispensor?
Classy..

I hate having the "cup holder" open, but on occasion I use it for my Blackberry, fits quite nicely actually.. I like the phone charging idea.

Seems like the perfect place to dock your Ipod. Not sure if you could hide the wires by removing the center console and concealing the connection that way..

Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by blond xo
Classy..

I hate having the "cup holder" open, but on occasion I use it for my Blackberry, fits quite nicely actually.. I like the phone charging idea.

Seems like the perfect place to dock your Ipod. Not sure if you could hide the wires by removing the center console and concealing the connection that way..
This car has a cup holder?

Why?

roadster with a stick

Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Mine is gone...

Old 12-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Forum Regular

I'm thinking I'll be going with the phone dock idea. especially with a bluetooth stereo i might be able to fully hide it, that'd be classy right there

Oh, and the condom dispensor's next to the ignition.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 PM

I like the replacement part for the Cupholder....I see the part #, but did you get it through a local dealer, or is there a source here in the US for it?

Thanks!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 PM

Code3pro, do an advanced search on this thread "Replacing Cupholder with Storage Bin / HOW TO " It will guide you thru the steps to swap out the cup holder for the storage bin and where to order.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 PM

Cup holder out,...and then install a planter. Begonias are always nice in the summer. Shows your lady friends you are "sensitive".

Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I called my local dealer here in Cincinnati on a Friday, he had it on Monday morning. James

Originally Posted by code3pro
I like the replacement part for the Cupholder....I see the part #, but did you get it through a local dealer, or is there a source here in the US for it?

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by code3pro
is there a source here in the US for it?
One of the dreaded and scary 04 TSBs gave you one of these for free. Don't know if the TSB was ever revoked but you could check and perhaps get a free one.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm still curious on why you are writing in Dari......I like the blackberry idea, maybe I can fit my charger in there...then again, I tried putting my "off duty" pistol in there, flip up, but, that looked an accident about to happen, so back to the blackberry....I'll try my new storm in there...

Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I'm still curious on why you are writing in Dari......
Air Force,

Originally Posted by olecoc2u
I like the blackberry idea, maybe I can fit my charger in there...then again, I tried putting my "off duty" pistol in there, flip up, but, that looked an accident about to happen, so back to the blackberry....I'll try my new storm in there...
Oh how are the storm's anyway? like the "button pushing" does it really feel like a keyboard or is that a bit of an exaggeration?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the storm is not bad. its my favorite blackberry so far, my only problem is that i cant text to fast on it or it wont notice all the keys i hit. i still think its kinda funky that the whole screen moves when you push the buttons

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM

Awesome, thanks! I will go by my local dealer today.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by GB'sXFire
Code3pro, do an advanced search on this thread "Replacing Cupholder with Storage Bin / HOW TO " It will guide you thru the steps to swap out the cup holder for the storage bin and where to order.
Thanks for the information.I will have a look.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Voyager
the storm is not bad. its my favorite blackberry so far, my only problem is that i cant text to fast on it or it wont notice all the keys i hit. i still think its kinda funky that the whole screen moves when you push the buttons
You have to check out the Bold, I just compared the Storm to it this morning (and over the weekend) and it didn't stand a chance next to the Bold.

The Storm looks great and the concept was perfect, however the touch screen needs to be refined.. alot. The entire screen is like a big button and it's not very responsive. At least the iphone has the heat sensors or whatever so its easier to type. More importantly, how dare they create a BB without the trackball?!

I was about to switch carriers and buy the Storm, then I tested it.. Once the Bold drops down to $200 I'll get that.

ah..Crossfires and BB's.. love it!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Sounds like it's worth a look...I need a new phone..PDA...my EnV decided to stop ringing for good this morning...perhaps a sign?

Of course, the new one will have to fit inside the new bin I ordered to replace the much maligned cup holder....those crazy Germans...their way, I guess, of giving the single digit salute to the idea of having a cup holder in a driving machine!

Quick Reply: Cupholder has to go...