Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Backpack Issue

Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Backpack Issue

I apologize because i'm sure this has been discussed before but I am having an issue with stuff in the trunk, especially my backpack. Just about every time I take a corner, it is flying around in the trunk of my coupe. Has anyone found any kind way to secure something of the sort that doesn't look tacky or require putting in a bin or the such? Thanks.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Backpack Issue

I remember someone mentioning how the sun shade attachés to the aft side of the trunk. Maybe using a bungee over those plastic clips or install a length of netting ? But then you could SLOW down. (grin)

Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Most SUV's come with a nice little cargo net. Swipe one.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Wink Re: Backpack Issue

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
Most SUV's come with a nice little cargo net. Swipe one.
Seriously, you think he should steal an SUV to solve his backpack issue? ...Well, it would solve the problem.

Dh

Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for something more upscale than a backpack...

Just kidding. I have found that velcro sticks really well to the carpet and doesn't harm it when removed. My emergency pack has velcro on the back of it. It holds the pack to the side of the car and doesn't move. I have pulled G's to the point of the traction control kicking in and the pack doesn't move.

You can buy it and sew it on with a sewing machine in about 30 seconds. There is also stick-on velcro but sometimes the velcro is more sticky than the stick on so that might not be very useful. Hand sewing is tedious but would work.

As for dealing with the velcro when the pack is not in the car - leave the other side of the velcro strip where you can run it onto the velcro as you remove the pack from the car and the velcro is "closed" while you move about with the pack.

I also have velcro strips that I leave in the car to keep my umbrella tied down. It's the same idea. Depending on the size/weight of your pack, that might work too.

Or maybe locate a lag bolt with an eye and use a caribiner to immobilize the pack... Just don't put it through the gas tank.....