CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Looking for good advice. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/32207-looking-good-advice.html)

Teck-9 02-26-2009 02:50 PM

Looking for good advice.

Ok, anybody that anyone sees as a decent mechanic or expert has heard this. I want to go faster without too much time or money. What do you all recommend for a grand or less?

waldig 02-26-2009 02:54 PM

Re: Looking for good advice.

Airline flights are cheaper than ever. Speed costs - how fast do you wanna go.

CAI is the first start. Sprint booster is another for throttle response.

Enjoy, Woody:)

Teck-9 02-26-2009 03:02 PM

I'm hoping for 0-60 in 4.5

danimal 02-26-2009 03:11 PM

About 4 JATO bottles attached to the rear fenders should do it.:p

I'm afraid you have chosen the wrong vehicle.

Teck-9 02-26-2009 03:17 PM

come on, i know they can do it

CrossfireLTD 02-26-2009 03:38 PM

The Crossfire is not a "tuner" type car but rather a GT car. To achieve what you indicated in your post you will need to spend in the $5k - $10k range, remember at heart the Crossfire is a MB product and performance does not come cheap.

Teck-9 02-26-2009 04:04 PM

Ok, shoot. What can I do. I'll just have to spend the cash.

Kurts 02-26-2009 05:35 PM

Tech, the only way you're going to move in the 4.5 range is to go out & buy a SRT; they darn near do that stock.
As to a non-SRT you're not going to get there for under a grand!

vaiodude 02-26-2009 05:58 PM

Get an SRT6

Teck-9 02-26-2009 06:44 PM

well, my fathers a used car dealer and has lots of connections to parts stores and other sources. I could just put an srt 6 engine in it. or just get a supercharger right. i like to think I'm an expert on these cars cuz i read everything on them before i made it my favorite car. but i know nothing about mods. i understand its a road car and is made for very high speeds and exceptional handling, not dragging and acceleration. the crossfire can outmaneuver many cars that are much faster. i like it for that because its a quality that most don't look at. but both would be nice. I'm 18 and i have 2 xf's i cant afford another one. especially considering the recession, id be lucky to only loose 3K a piece.

patpur 02-26-2009 06:57 PM

You might be able to turbo or supercharge it but for a grand? No way. You are talking thousands. Buy an SRT if speed is that important to you. Its not as easy as just flopping an SRT engine in a base or Ltd. There are key codes, computer codes I believe that only MB can reset. Its been discussed here before. Trust me the guys who have responded to you know what they are talking about.

baggz5150 02-26-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Teck-9
well, my fathers a used car dealer and has lots of connections to parts stores and other sources. I could just put an srt 6 engine in it. or just get a supercharger right. i like to think I'm an expert on these cars cuz i read everything on them before i made it my favorite car. but i know nothing about mods. i understand its a road car and is made for very high speeds and exceptional handling, not dragging and acceleration. the crossfire can outmaneuver many cars that are much faster. i like it for that because its a quality that most don't look at. but both would be nice. I'm 18 and i have 2 xf's i cant afford another one. especially considering the recession, id be lucky to only loose 3K a piece.

If you are an expert why are you asking US questions on them???

You should teach us all !!:rolleyes:

Teck-9 02-26-2009 07:10 PM

......to be a better expert??? ;P and i said, im not good with mods so im covered. anyway, new question, are there noise dampeners or things i can remove to increase the engine noise?

vaiodude 02-26-2009 07:15 PM

You are kinda clueless huh? You want good advise, get a honda...they are easy to tune and make louder

Teck-9 02-26-2009 07:55 PM

yeeeah, i really do suck, i go on xbox live and start fights 4 fun. thats how little life i have so yup. any way i still no one thing. no honda will ever come close in beauty to an xf.

Jeff Cobb 02-26-2009 08:10 PM

Look up HDDP's conversion to an SRT engine.
Great, job, but LOTs of work and $$$.

This is what you need to do if you really want a race car.

As a bonus, you get all that HP w/a six speed.
If you do it, I will of course be thoroughly jealous.

TVT_DESIGN 02-26-2009 08:19 PM

We offer a 265 HP kit for 1350.00 and a 250 HP kit for 950.00. Probably the best HP/$ you are gonna find.

TVT265: http://www.tvtdesign.com/inc/sdetail/1023

TVT250: http://www.tvtdesign.com/inc/sdetail/1055

Teck-9 02-26-2009 09:53 PM

thats roughly a grand. see i knew it could happen. ty cool person. i will begin lookin in to. hardest part is deciding which of my xf's to put it on. what is the top speed and 0-60 with those upgrades?

ZAHANMA 02-27-2009 08:55 AM

......to be a better expert??? ;P and i said, im not good with mods so im covered. anyway, new question, are there noise dampeners or things i can remove to increase the engine noise?

haha, increase engine noise? the other 99.9% of the people on here want it quieter, so my only suggestion is to use the SEARCH function. Only after reading this thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=31864

TheDon 02-27-2009 09:03 AM

thats roughly a grand. see i knew it could happen. ty cool person. i will begin lookin in to. hardest part is deciding which of my xf's to put it on. what is the top speed and 0-60 with those upgrades?

I guess you can decide, since you're the expert :p. I assume you're an expert at English as well?