Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire, I just bought one!!

Old 06-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire, I just bought one!!

:lol: Just bought a Crossfire, first one in the Orlando Area. Will pick up on Monday, test drove it, for a 215 engine, it moves, really moves. Will provde more info after I have it for a little while. When I test drove the car it was a traffic stopper.!!!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Wow, Florida has them already? My dealer said 3 weeks (in NJ). I wonder if he was mistaken. I'm going to call another dealer tomorrow.

Old 06-07-2003, 09:33 AM

My dealer said about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks before delivery. (Oklahoma)
He also said they would hit the east and west coast first and filter to the center of the US. Guess that means I'll be last to get one. Don't understand why NJ is still 3 weeks away. Last time I checked you were still on the east coast.

Prowler....what color did you get and how many did you have to choose from?

Old 06-07-2003, 01:29 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I just called 3 more dealerships today in NJ, and they all said the end of the month. The Crossfire's launch date is early July, and they won't get any till right before. All said they would probably only get 2-3 all year!

Old 06-11-2003, 09:24 PM

Ok....check with your dealers again. My dealer called me yesterday and said one would be in today. I went and bought it today. The dealer didnt' get much warning that it was coming in.

PS I reallllly like it :lol:

Old 06-11-2003, 10:13 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by luckycharm
Ok....check with your dealers again. My dealer called me yesterday and said one would be in today. I went and bought it today. The dealer didnt' get much warning that it was coming in.

PS I reallllly like it :lol:
Congratulations! I was just at my dealer today. Still late June, early July delivery date. Hopefully I'll be suprised and one will just show up on their doorstep. Actually, make that 2, since I'm second in line. Let us know your impressions of it and post some pictures to your user album of your new Crossfire if you can. Thanks

Old 06-12-2003, 10:49 PM

Driving this car is great. I read a review that stated that the steering was kinda stiff. I find it to be firm but most certainly not stiff. I like the firmness, it lets you feel the control you have on the car. It handles like a dream. It takes curves and corners extremely well and the road noise is minimal. The car has a slight blind spot on the passenger side but I'm sure adjusting the side mirror to the right spot will take care of that. The mysterious luggage....well, I still don't know what they look like. The don't come with the care exactly. After the car is purchased and all the paperwork is sent in, Chrysler will mail you the luggage. I just hope it doesn't have to be mailed from Germany. There is lots of leg room and the trunk area is larger that I thought it would be. One interesting thing I find, is that with all the bells and whistles that Chrysler put on this thing, the headlights have to be turned off and on manually. It's just a little thing, but I found it kind of odd. There are lots of pockets to hold things as well as the console and glove box. All in all, I love it. It took me about 10 minutes to get used to driving it and now I'm hooked. I will try to put pictures on tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Default Picked ours up last night!!

We're very pleased and excited to have the first Crossfire we've seen in the area - metro DC area.

We put deposits down with two dealers and stayed in email contact with a third. That one notified us that they were selling the car for $40,000! The guy, the Sales Mgr, was shocked when I immediately told him No Thanks! He then dropped the price to $37,900, but I had already talked to the other dealer that had rec'd delivery and was selling it at retail.

It's the Sapphire Blue with automatic and Z-rated tires. It looks great and got a lot of attention today when we first drove it in daylight.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:27 PM

My 5* in KY just got one off the truck on Thursday and it was just allocated to them, they did not know it was coming. It is red. I test drive it tomorrow. They had it marked up to $38.5. Wish it was in graphite color.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:02 PM

I just got mine in Ft Lauderdale Fl on July 3 ! What a beauty !! I preordred at msrp and got the two tone grey interior,white auto. I can't go anywhere without turning heads. She is drop dead gorgous!Enjoy everyone!!!!!Seeeee yaaa

Old 07-08-2003, 07:10 PM

This was the second xfire to be sold in Ft.Lauderdale.The first was sold at 46K !! In addiation to my white xfire,the dealer recieved two silver.One auto,one stick.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Forum Regular

Ouch! Someone got ripped on the first one!

Mine is due in Aug at 3% over invoice. :lol:

Hey, I also read that if Crossfire "catches" that they are ramping production to 40K for next year. I will find the article and post. I sure hope they don't--it will be as common as the G35 or Z.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:51 AM

I picked up a red automatic in Watsonville, CA yesterday. Second crossfire that I test drove. I really enjoy the car. Had to drive a little to get the car at MSRP.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:02 PM

Picked mine up today, July 11, Panama City, Florida Blue, 6 Speed, Light/Dark Gray Interior. Paid MSRP, Dealer orignally told me he was getting 4, today said he's getting 2 (including mine) and the other one is sold- but no VIN or DD. Wanted an automatic., but didn't want to wait. Looked at an automatic in Jacksonville, Fl monday - Dealer wanted $45,000. Too much for me.
Any body wana trade?