CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   trunk space (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/3325-trunk-space.html)

m winter 07-04-2003 08:16 PM

trunk space

:?: can someone tell me if a set of golf clubs will fit into the t runk of the crossfire??

texex91 07-04-2003 08:18 PM

Suppose to if you take your woods out--owners confirm pls.

mouserider 07-05-2003 12:25 AM

I don't play golf so I don't have a set of clubs here to try them with, if you send me dimensions, I'll measure them for you.

From memory, I don't think they will fit. Perhaps in the passenger seat.

imported_mightyjlr 07-05-2003 01:38 AM

I'm almost positive they will fit if you take the woods out. I'm prety sure I've seen a picture demonstrating this. I'm going to look around for it. I might be thinking of a picture of the 350z. The trunk space in the Crossfire is actually bigger than in the TT, except the TT has rear seats that can fold down, and thus make the space bigger.

prowler39 07-05-2003 03:06 PM

:D I'm a golfer and before I brought my Crossfire I took my set of clubs with me to the dealer to try them. You can fit a set of golf clubs in the trunck. You do have to take out the driver, 3 wood out of the bag to get them to fit.

However I think with a smalle bag I could get them to fit without removing the driver/3 wood.

Will let you know.

mouserider 07-08-2003 10:20 AM

Apparently not one but TWO golf bags go in the Crossfire's trunk. I guess I can take up golfing now.

Funny thing is when I saw the question, I kept trying to visualize golf bags I've seen going in length-wise (I don't play golf) and I couldn't see them fitting but in the picture I found, they put the golf bags width-wise (parallel to the axle).

imported_mightyjlr 07-08-2003 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mouserider
Apparently not one but TWO golf bags go in the Crossfire's trunk. I guess I can take up golfing now.

Funny thing is when I saw the question, I kept trying to visualize golf bags I've seen going in length-wise (I don't play golf) and I couldn't see them fitting but in the picture I found, they put the golf bags width-wise (parallel to the axle).

Where is the picture? I know I've seen it, and I've been looking for it.

prowler39 07-08-2003 04:37 PM

:D Picture is on thr Crossfire web site, under storage.

adf3786 07-08-2003 04:38 PM

The new crossfire website actually shows 2 golf bags inside the trunk.

adf3786 07-08-2003 04:39 PM

prowler 39 there must be a physic connection??

prowler39 07-08-2003 06:56 PM

:P Could be, scary isn't it!!!!

prowler39 07-08-2003 09:11 PM

After seeing the pictures of the Crossfire with the Golf Clubs in the trunk, I decided to see if my bag would fit the way they showed in the picture. I have a large cart bag and had my doubts. But after removing my driver and 3 wood, the bag fit right into place. There is still room for a second bag, I can take a friend along with me. I just laid my driver and 3 wood on top of the bag and away I went. Two smaller bags would work even better. Chrysler is still keeping us golfers in mind, nice going Chrysler.

imported_mightyjlr 07-08-2003 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by prowler39
:D Picture is on thr Crossfire web site, under storage.

prowler39 07-29-2003 11:09 AM

A reply from Chrysler regarding my question on Golf Clubs!!

Dear John:

Thank you for your email regarding your 2004 Crossfire. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in our response.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to determine what brand of golf bags
were used for the photo. We have determined, however, that the majority of full-sized golf bags will not fit side-by-side in the storage area.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for
your understanding.

texex91 07-29-2003 11:18 AM

prowler:

what email address did you send that to at DC?

prowler39 07-29-2003 12:38 PM

I used the Crossfire Wed Site and at the top a tab reads Contact Chrysler, then once in in there , it has an e-mail logo under customer assistance.

I used that for all my e-mails to Chrysler.

lesliejay63 12-04-2012 02:50 PM

Re: trunk space

I'm wondering if a Gazelle would fit in the trunk. No, not the animal ... but the exerciser thingy that Tony Little sells on TV. I think it is 48" wide. I'm at work right now or I'd walk out and measure to opening myself. I realize it will be too long and I will have to leave the trunk door ajar (I'm only needing to cart this thing a mile). So mostly just wondering about the width of the trunk opening. Can't find that anywhere.

Goldwing 12-08-2012 03:47 PM

Hockey sticks don't fit in the trunk either. You have to place them in the passenger foot well with the buttends running to the glass or over the console. Just sayin'.

xlaxatc 12-15-2012 06:39 PM

Ii have a cart bag with stand. Take the Driver and 3 wood out and its fits. You might have to try different approaches to putting them in.

Wiz

tomleota 12-16-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by m winter (Post 206)
:?: can someone tell me if a set of golf clubs will fit into the t runk of the crossfire??

Mine could. They have a bend in the shaft
90 dig. about half way down. Will fit around a 6" dia. tree.