CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   What did you pay?? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/3365-what-did-you-pay.html)

texex91 07-19-2003 05:20 PM

What did you pay??

Thought it might be helpful to those who have not bought to get a sense for what all of us paid.

texex91 07-20-2003 08:32 AM

Wow, for everyone complaining about being over sticker, it looks as though 90% of the responses thus far have paid MSRP or under. I think that is now the rule rather than the exception. The dealers got to greedy too fast, and now it's coming back to bite them.. For those who have not purchased, please take note :lol:

jeepster4 07-20-2003 02:55 PM

You have two factors working here. (1) dealers use ADM as a tool to eliminate offers of $50 over invoice. (2) Everyone lies about the deal they made on their last car. Our great gandpas always lied about the deal they made trading horses; its an American tradition.

texex91 07-20-2003 03:30 PM

Umm, considering it's a poll and no one is tracking who put what, I don't think people are telling lies--what would that accomplish?? Do you own one??

imported_mightyjlr 07-20-2003 04:16 PM

Yea, I don't think anyone needs to lie about how much they got their car for. Many dealers are already selling the Crossfire for MSRP, so people shouldn't be paying more, unless it's the exact car they want, or they just can't find a dealer with one.

willie 08-28-2003 04:45 PM

look to buy at the end of the month these guys all have quotas. Never have and never will pay MSRP or over

texex91 08-28-2003 05:32 PM

willie:

This poll started back in July when people HAD to pay MSRP or greater. Good luck in find one and let us know what you get.

crossfiretech 08-28-2003 08:46 PM

I gave up on the red one my dealer was supposed to get in july.I heard about the dealers in Baltimore who had crossfires available.I contacted the two dealers and put them in competition with each other for my $500 hundred under msrp purchase.I drove 3 hours down there with my bro. and picked up a beautiful sapphire silver blue 6 speed two tone gray interior.The dealer had 4 xfires.They gave me a special internet price.They were asking 10 grand over sticker and said they sold one for 6 grand over.Thats why these cars are still available only a few people with money to burn are going to pay that.I found the car I really wanted with alittle info from this site and a little driving.The car handles and drives great.It looks pretty slick with the zaino polish I put on.

kusheen 08-28-2003 09:26 PM

where?

Hey crossfiretech....

Did you get the car at Tate Chysler in Glen Burnie???? If so, I was the first to test drive that particular car. It was a close choice between it and the black one they had in the showroom.

What did you think of the buying experience there? I felt like I needed a shower after speaking with the patronizing sales manager. I got the third degree before they let me test drive. Although, I can understand that they get a lot of lookers and they want only serious buyer miles on those cars.

Todd

crossfiretech 08-28-2003 09:32 PM

I bought at Antwerpen the car was on the lot still in plastic and had 11 miles on it! Thanks for the info.!!

kusheen 08-28-2003 10:11 PM

glad to help

Glad to help! I almost bought from Antwerpen. One of the guys in my slot racing club is the finance guy at their Hyundai dealership across the street, and he hooked me up for the test drives. When I was there a couple of weeks ago they had 4 or 5 in plastic on the back lot. I'm sure I saw what is now your car.

Thanks for buying it and taking it out of state! That keeps mine that much more of a rarity on the Baltimore Beltway!