CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   10,000 over MSRP.....Are you Pissed Off too (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/3417-10-000-over-msrp-you-pissed-off-too.html)

irony 08-06-2003 04:49 PM

10,000 over MSRP.....Are you Pissed Off too

Is anyone other than me pissed off that dealers (at least in my area) are selling the car for $10,000 over MSRP. ...... $45,000 US.

What is Chrysler Corp doing about this ?

imported_mightyjlr 08-06-2003 04:51 PM

Re: 10,000 over MSRP.....Are you Pissed Off too

Originally Posted by irony
Is anyone other than me pissed off that dealers (at least in my area) are selling the car for $10,000 over MSRP. ...... $45,000 US.

Where are you located?

texex91 08-06-2003 11:41 PM

DCX won't do anything about it. However, the good news is that most dealers are MSRP now (if you are willing to do your homework and call around and get the right person on the phone.) Almost all of the Crossfires on Ebay are not even going for MSRP.

jimbo257 08-07-2003 12:34 PM

Don't even think of paying over MSRP, I've been trying to trade my 6 Seed for an automatic and have been told by several dealers they (Crossfires) are selling at Dealer auctions for 30 Grand. Most on e-bay are arround the same. I guess it's where you are, I've seen a couple sold in Jacksonville for $40 and $42 and Orlando and Miam for more. But these were the first ones to hit the dealers in that area. I had an offer of 36,500 from a Dealer in Jacksonville yesterday on a automatic. But all they wanted to give me for mine was $30.000. I'll live with the six speed. Still Looking. A Dealer in Naples, Fl has two that are going to auction Monday. Call Sal at Naples dodge.

texex91 08-07-2003 02:02 PM

Wow, that's too bad that the wholesale on them is already 30K--that's not good. Should list yours for $33K in a paper and you should get that if wholesale is $30K.

jimbo257 08-07-2003 10:32 PM

Yea, too bad, if its true. You know what they say about car salesmen. Wouldn't sell mine until I have a replacement in-hand. Since I don't have 35Grand to buy another one and then sell mine, maybe I'll hold off until I see an automatic with cedar interior - which doesn't seem to available right now.

jcmgtx 08-11-2003 11:27 PM

Not to sure what auction your looking at. But at Manheim they are selling for 35K-37K. And it's not like a lot have gone through either.

irony 08-19-2003 03:11 PM

Re: 10,000 over MSRP.....Are you Pissed Off too

Originally Posted by mightyjlr

Originally Posted by irony

Where are you located?

I am in southern NJ

prowlndude 10-03-2003 05:05 PM

I can't even test drive one at my dealer. I have a 2000 prowler and they won't even think about letting me test drive. They say its policy

harry7 10-03-2003 06:17 PM

Hey Irony

Bought mine at Manahawkin Chrysler for list, and they gave me what I wanted for my trade.

harry7 10-03-2003 06:18 PM

What dealer wanted $10k over?

Was it Mall Chryler?

BKH 10-05-2003 05:05 PM

You can get your revenge by going to eBay. Just about every Chrysler dealer has their Crossfires up for auction. It appears that the auction reserve price is at sticker price or just below.

Mike Ford 10-05-2003 08:42 PM

msrp

i paid sticker for mine here in ft lauderdale and got a good trade in price as well

eurodirt 10-08-2003 10:49 PM

I paid sticker and made them thro in 2 oil changes and a cover. I was not allowed to test drive until credit was approved...purchase pending test drive. They will not allow anyone to come in a drive them. The Mopar cover is top notch! Best cover I have encountered...in case anyone was looking into covers. I am in Colorado, and my dealer was only getting a total of 3 Xfires. I am yet to see another one on the road...I like that!

pkmsu81 10-09-2003 11:19 AM

Continuing to sell at straight sticker...have had no complaints so far about the price.

Pat Kittle
248-467-0622

sfxfire 10-09-2003 10:41 PM

Reserved in advance, I got a great price ($33k) for my Crossfire when I took delivery four months ago. The other Crossfire they had later was marked up $5k. Being the first one off the lot, I got some extras such as Scheduled maintenance, a front-end cover and a detail job. For whatever you pay for your Crossfire, its worth driving a vehicle as unique as it is. :D

Sapphire Blue 6spd.

Black_Canary 11-18-2003 10:55 PM

Just bought mine yesterday, silver sapphire, auto-stick and cedar interior. Seattle is considered a premium market, so the dealer was asking $44K. Negotiated to $38K, and feel I got my money's worth.

WesMichaels 11-19-2003 06:43 AM

You should have come to Virginia Beach and picked it up. Hall Chrysler (where I bought mine) has the same car for $35,750. The same price I paid for mine. The are one of those "No Haggle" dealers and have good prices. I'm very satisfied with them.

texex91 11-19-2003 09:17 AM

Black_carary:

What! You paid how much?? I bought mine back in July and paid $34 for a autostick. You can get them from (from almost all) dealers at below MSRP now also, why did you pay so much?? Go look at Ebay...

Either way it's a great car, just hope you count on keeping it for a long time. ENJOY, and get ready for all of the attention.

shane 11-20-2003 03:55 PM

Hi All, I live in Northern Virginia. When the car first hit the dealership in June, they were asking 5k over MSRP and told me that other dealers in the DC area were asking 10k over MSRP. I just looked. Went back a few moths later and looked again, went back one month later (September) and they had gone back down to MSRP. I guess they had trouble moving them at the inflated price. I asked for a test drive and they let me take it out after making a copy of my drivers license. Perhaps NO test drives are policy at certain dealerships but it is not a Chrysler policy as far as I know. Personally, I would not buy any car with out a test drive. I suggest you go to another dealer even if they are several counties away. They had three on the lot one six speed which I did not want, one auto (already sold and waiting to be picked up) and the White automatic that I purchased at exactly 35k, they dropped the extra $540 (?) that was part of the original MSRP. I did not get a cover thrown in with my purchase as did the fellow with the two free oil changes. I paid three hundred for my cover and it is very nice. BUT, I did get them to toss in TEN free oil/filter changes that should cover me for the next 5-7 years if you believe the manual on oil change intervals, and the fact that this car is for weekend fun driving and will rarely be out of the garage during our northeast winters (except to run the engine at least once a week).