Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Service Action #03-013

Old 08-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Action #03-013

We picked up our Blaze Red 5-Sp Auto on 7/26/03. S/N 0360

Dealer received a letter dated 7/30/2003 subject is New Vehicle Peparation Special Attention Items - 2004 Crossfire. Sent to All Affected Crosfire dealers. It has 10 items listed that "may" require special attention (the Supplemental Inspection Procedure), in addition to the normal pre-delivery inspection process.

We took our Crossfire in for this inspection and obtained a copy of the letter from the Service Manager, today.

I'll scan the letter in and post later when I get a chance.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

Please do--we all look forward to seeing it!

Old 08-26-2003, 08:47 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Yes, I would like to see this list to, as I am picking up my Crossfire in a few weeks. Serial number 360? I wonder what they're up to. It would be funny if we had more members on this forum then there are Crossfires out there...

Old 08-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Default Update Peparation List

Yes I to would like to see this list S/N0725 Picked mine up 7/12 and they said they put gloss treatment on and if they did they did a poor job.I brought It home and detailed It myself.had It back to the dealer on 8/06 to have the door guards and chrome around the wheel wells done and they didn't say anything about a new list

__________________________________________________ ___________
Alabaster Autostix

Old 08-27-2003, 03:20 AM
Forum Regular

Are you guys talking about the last 4 digits of the VIN?

If so, they're definitely not shipping them in order cause mine is is over 1,000 and I picked mine up end of June.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:41 AM

I picked my crossfire up on the Aug 17th. They told me about the letter as I was complaining of the car idleing a little rough. I have a 6spd and they said the letter stated there was a software upgrade but it was only for the autostick. So I am assuming it has to do with the transmission.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Forum Regular

Can you list the issues? I need to call my dealer and see what the deal is...

Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 AM

I'd sure like to see that list too. ops:

Old 08-28-2003, 02:44 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Here is the list (there may be grammar/spelling errors, as I scanned the text in) I think I'm missing the last page though, because number 10 is cut off.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A small number of vehicles may require special attention to ensure the vehicle appears and functions properly. In addition to the normal pre-delivery inspection process, technicians should perform the Supplemental Inspection to verify vehicle appearance and system functionality before the customer takes deliveryof the vehicle. If the technician determines any of the conditions are present, the technician should repair those conditions. Refer to the service information available in TechCONNECT, the Crossfire Service Manual (publication 81-270-04036) , or the procedures outlined in the Supplemental Inspection Procedure.

SUPPLEMENTAL INSPECTION PROCEDURE:
1. Using the DRBIII check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) . If present, record and erase the DTCs. Start the engine and shift into Drive, Reverse, Drive, and . Park. If any DTC returns, repair as necessary. Refer to the diagnostic procedures available in TechCONNECT or the 2004 Crossfire Service Manual (publication number 81-270- 04036).

2. For manual transmission equipped vehicles, pull the gearshift handle upwards and into reverse gear with aggressive effort several times. If the gearshift handle separates from the shift lever, replace the locking nut (pin 05135981AA) and re-install the gearshift handle. Refer to the service information available in TechCONNECT or the 2004 Crossfire Service Manual (publication number 81-270-04036) page 21-487. Refer to the LOTS manual for warranty reimbursement if necessary.

3. For automatic transmission equipped vehicles, test drive the vehicle and verify that the transmission up-shifts properly. If not, check the electrlcal connection at the electro hydraulic unit. The connector is located above the right front corner of the transmission oil pan. When the 13 pin connector is inserted into the guide bushing, turn the bayonet lock clockwise until it makes a distinct click sound. Refer to the service information available in TechCONNECT or the Crossfire Service Manual (publication no. 81-270-04036 page 21-281).

4. Check the function of the A/C cold air outlet and all control switching functions. If the system does not cool, the A/C system may be low on refrigerant. Check for leaks at the expansion valve and/or compressor fittlng o-rings before recharging the system.

5. Check the telescoping wheel indicator lamp operation (to the right of the CHECK ENGINE lamp) . The lamp illuminates if the manually telescoping wheel is not locked lnto position. The locking lever is directly below the steering column. Lock the steering column In position by pushing the handle in until it engages. The indicator lamp should go out.

6. Check the front fender grilles for proper attachment. The tips of the grille should be attached to the fender by two sided adhesive. If the tips of the grille are loose or not attached, check for the presence of tape backing. If the tape backing was not removed, carefully pull the tips of the grille away from the fender, clean the fender, remove the tape backing, and press the tip of the grille to the fender.

7. Inspect the winged medallion ornament on the hood for uplifted tips. The tips of the ornament should be attached to the hood by two sided adhesive. If either tip of the ornament is not securely attached to the hood, replace the ornament with pin 05101347AA using 6 new ornament retainers, pin 05096429AA.

8. Check the operation of the driver power seat. The switch to adjust the driver side power seat is located on the outboard side of the seat. The drivers seat features eight-way power adjustment - horizontal, vertical, cushion tilt and back angle. To move the seat closer to the wheel or further back from it, push the lower lever forward or backward. To raise or lower the seat cushion, pull the lever up to raise or push it down to lower. To recline, push the recline lever rearward and adjust the seat back to the desired position. If the seat does not function, make sure the 3 electrical connectors under the seat are fully seated. Refer to the service information available in TechCONNECT or the 2004 Crossfire Service Manual (publication number 81-270-04036) section 8N Power Seats -Service Information.

9. Check the operation of the passenger power seat. The switch to adjust the passenger seat is located on the outboard side of the seat. Push the horizontal switch forward or backward; adjust the seat back switch to tilt forward or backward. If the seat does not function, make sure the 2 electrical connectors under the seat are fully seated. Refer to the service information available in TechCONNECT or the 2004 Crossfire Service Manual (publication number 81-270-04036) section 8N Power Seats -Service Information. NOTE: The passenger seat switch has six positions; however, only four positions are operational. Do not replace the power seat switch.

10. The Crossfire Shipped Loose

Old 08-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

er.... looks like they are a bit nervous that Karman didn't do up the nuts properly! mind you most new cars get small things like this but 10?

Old 08-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the post. Any chance of getting #10? I'd like to know what "shipped loose" means!

Old 08-28-2003, 06:05 PM

hopefully you find #10 i hope mine isn't loose

Old 08-28-2003, 06:35 PM

#10: The Crossfire "Shipped Loose Parts Instruction Sheet" is available for the technician to print if necessary .The technician should sign onto DealerCONNECT, select the "Service" tab, and select "Star Online". The technician will then be able to select the "Shipped Loose Parts Instruction Sheet'.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shipped loose parts are parts shipped in the trunk for tech to install at prep.They include floor mats,license plate holder,wiper blades,misc. rubber plugs and right front plastic grill.Didn't want everybody to get nervous that there car was loose.The instruction sheet shows what should be in the trunk and points out where all the rubber plugs should be installed.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular

ctech:

THANK YOU for clearing it up! Loose xfires would be bad...

Old 08-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular

I've noticed over the years that 90% of problems on brand new cars are from the assembly line worker.Loose connections,torn a/c orings,trim installation etc.It's not that common but it happens now and then.The crossfire is a nice, solid,fun car. If your dealer is on the ball all 10 items would be checked and if needed repaired before delivery.If your car is functioning correctly you probably don't need any repairs made.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Default The 10 things we want to know about xfire's

Much Thanks for the list mine seems to have passed the list

Old 08-28-2003, 09:18 PM
kusheen
Default Thanks

Thanks for the original post and the followups. Confirmed w/my dealer the work had been done.

But I likely wouldn't have known about this without the forum.

Old 08-29-2003, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info. Did find a couple of ruber plugs in the glove box, wonder where they go? ops:

Old 08-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Forum Regular

Jimbo.....The rubber plugs go in holes underneath the body.I have a info sheet at work that shows the location.I'll post when I get back to work tues.

Quick Reply: Service Action #03-013