Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

Old 11-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

Originally Posted by tighed1
Just order two of the Crank Position Sensors at the link provided above.
They are currently on sale with free shipping for $40.81 each.
Limited availability.
Hello,

I am looking for a crank sensor to be mailed to United Arab Emirates.

Could you please let me know if you have some available?

Thank You.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

Thanks for a great write up, my wife's '05 is at about 38,000 miles. I think I'll go ahead and buy 2 and do hers proactively, and have the spare for mine when she gets in that milage range.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Just order two of the Crank Position Sensors at the link provideded.
They are currently on sale with free shipping for $40.81 each.
Limited availability.
For this price $40.81 and OEM replacement part I just ordered one as well.
Something good to have around just in case

Bosch Crankshaft Position Sensor < click

Old 11-25-2009, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
For this price $40.81 and OEM replacement part I just ordered one as well.
Something good to have around just in case

Bosch Crankshaft Position Sensor < click
Ordered mine yesterday, and got the free shipping from UPS. Thanks mrobinso for finding the parts for the rest of us.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FYI -- Picked up a new spare sensor on eBay for only US$21, including shipping. Is in an off-brand box, but haven't looked closely enough at it to see if actually is Bosch, etc. I'll likely install it, and carry the old one in the XF as a spare.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Subscribing... just in case

Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM

Just went to replace mine -- dang, don't have Torx (female) sockets!

There's the big silver heat shield, and a small black heat shield that make it difficult to reach the electrical plug on the CPS, but it was fairly easy to press the harness release tab and lightly pull it off with my left hand.

Ditto on something you really don't want to do when the engine is hot.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

the price has dropped a few more dollars if anyone is interested...and shipping is still free...

Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
the price has dropped a few more dollars if anyone is interested...and shipping is still free...
I investigated this deal but the shipping charges to Canada were astronomical, shipping was via UPS which is the worst way to ship to us foreigners from the US. UPS has large brokerage fees which add to the cost and make it uneconomical. You cannot beat the good old USPS/Canada Post route. Prepaying the UPS fees by the shipper is a better way.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered one and the price was $38.11 plus shipping . . . under $50 total !! Great !! Go to my buddies place in Spokane and will pick up there in a little while !!

Thanks for the heads up !

Mark

Old 01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I missed the under $50 ....sry....I bought 2, so I did get the shipping free....

Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! Replaced my sensor Sunday. Took about 30-45 minutes. Taking the retaining screw in and out was the biggest issue for me. I used a regular 1/4 socket. If the heat shield wasn't there, it would have been easier.

Thanks again!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered A CPS today from Autohaus, I got free shipping when I ordered a Mann oil filter with it. It was like throwing the filter in for free.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jag80
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! Replaced my sensor Sunday. Took about 30-45 minutes. Taking the retaining screw in and out was the biggest issue for me. I used a regular 1/4 socket. If the heat shield wasn't there, it would have been easier.

Thanks again!
With a limited set of sockets, I went searching for the elusive 1/4"-12 point socket. Couldn't find one, went back home and guess what, a standard 6 point WORKS! Oh well, live and learn. At least it's done on the wife's '05 that has 38,900 miles on the odo.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Curiosity got the best of me -- I bought another crank sensor off eBay, but this time a true-blue Mopar/MB part ($20 including shipping). Just installed it, and it took less than ten minutes since I knew what I was doing this time, and the connector came off much more easily.

Comparing the parts, the new Mopar replacement has MB markings, but is slightly different from the original MB sensor. And, interestingly, the new Mopar part is exactly the same as the other new one I got off eBay, except the part numbers had been melted off it (so that the part could be wholesaled under a different brand, with no MB warranty). Seen this before, years ago, for another electronic part found via NAPA for another Mopar.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just fell victim to this yesterday. To the thread starter I appreciate the nice writeup and where to get the part for cheap. The stealership wanted $237....umm no! I'll have it by Fri, so for now I'll keep clearing the code and just pray I dont get stuck.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This Crank position sensor failure, reminds me of my mid 70's mopars - with electronic ignition ! The ballast resistor would go out at the most un oportune time ! No spark, done, nothing, turns over, but won't fire. After that, ALWAYS kept a spare in the glove box - and you know what ??? I have NEVER had to use it !

Oh well, anyways, have my spare sensor in the glove box of the xfire now ! At least I will be ready !

Thanks again for the great thread !

Cheers

Mark

The following users liked this post:
Tpt1st (09-10-2022)
Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by a12rag
This Crank position sensor failure, reminds me of my mid 70's mopars - with electronic ignition ! The ballast resistor would go out at the most un oportune time ! No spark, done, nothing, turns over, but won't fire. After that, ALWAYS kept a spare in the glove box - and you know what ??? I have NEVER had to use it !

Oh well, anyways, have my spare sensor in the glove box of the xfire now ! At least I will be ready !

Thanks again for the great thread !

Cheers

Mark
To be truly ready you need the tools to change them as well. Otherwise it will be like having a spare tire when you have a flat but no jack, subject vehicle excepted of course.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To the previous poster - that is very true! Of course it is good to have the part in your glove box, I keep spare bulbs and such in there as well, but to replace this part if it goes out on you in the middle of a trip, would not be ideal to say the least.

The engine bay takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to cool down, and I would not advise trying to replace this part any sooner than that if running hot! The part is right next to the engine and the space is tight.

Plus you need a cool head and the right tools going in. But nevertheless, better to have the part when you need it!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM

"Plus you need a cool head and the right tools going in. But nevertheless, better to have the part when you need it!"

Yes. And if you have to swallow your pride and get a tow to a local garage, having the part in hand (and knowing the problem) will make things go much quicker/smoother.

Quick Reply: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor