CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   My Crossfire Totaled!!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/37000-my-crossfire-totaled.html)

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 09:34 PM

My Crossfire Totaled!!!

:(:(:(:(

Well while sitting at a Red light today, minding my own business, an F350 pick up, plowed into the rear of my Crossfire, pushed me into the center of the intersection, have been at the hospital half the day and my Chirpractor the rest, just getting home, so now I can cry..... this guy hit me running about 30 mph, the passenger side rear is pushed up to the back wheel, looks like the frame is bent as well, I would say it is totalled... will post some pics here in just a bit.

So a very sore back, neck and shoulder, but I have to say the **** pit of the car is untouched and the bulkhead held strong, could not put the car into park, shift would not move, could not get the passenger door open.. I loved my baby I will miss her.

Going to go cry now... :(

Deb

FP 08-25-2009 09:38 PM

Re: My Crossfire Totalled!!!!!

Deborah, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. The good thing is you're OK considering the impact. Get the right medical attention and get back to normal. You will find another SSB.

Keeping you in my Prayers.

FP

GDC-SRT 08-25-2009 09:39 PM

Corky,
Sorry to here of the terrible day you have had.

I hope you do not suffer any injuries, They tend to show up a couple of days after an accident.

The human body goes into defense mode, and covers pain really well, for a time.

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 09:42 PM

Thanks,

I know that I will be very sore tomorow for sure, it is already setting in. My Chiropractor took a ton of XRays today and is reviewing them tonight, will know tomorrow the extent of any damage. I know that my neck is hurt and possibly my lower back, he will take good care of me.

I'm more hurt about my car, made me so sick to my stomach today too look at it all crumbled up.

JaneBridges 08-25-2009 09:49 PM

So, so very sorry. Take some Aleve for the next couple of days, too.

Deborah, I have been bumped twice in the back by a truck and SUV, both of which the drivers were on their cell phones. If that was the case, go after em. I'm getting way too sick of people on their phones hitting our little cars. Thank God the Crossfire is a very tough car and keeps us alive.

Get better.

Jane

nate_man 08-25-2009 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker

Well while sitting at a Red light today, minding my own business, an F350 pick up, plowed into the rear of my Crossfire, pushed me into the center of the intersection, have been at the hospital half the day and my Chirpractor the rest, just getting home, so now I can cry..... this guy hit me running about 30 mph, the passenger side rear is pushed up to the back wheel, looks like the frame is bent as well, I would say it is totalled... will post some pics here in just a bit.

So a very sore back, neck and shoulder, but I have to say the **** pit of the car is untouched and the bulkhead held strong, could not put the car into park, shift would not move, could not get the passenger door open.. I loved my baby I will miss her.

Deb

Deb very sorry to hear this! How on earth did this nut case do this to you? Was he drinking or was is just a dumb mistake?

Any explanations from the driver that hit you?

Hope you find another one!

:(

onehundred80 08-25-2009 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker

Deb

I am sorry to hear your bad news, good news is you are not too badly hurt.
The truth of the matter is that it is best if the car is totaled, as they are never the same again, squeaks, rattles, rust and mechanical parts with unseen damage, and you can get another to replace it.
Just do not sign any papers too soon as you may be hurt more than you realize now.

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 10:12 PM

He said he had looked away for a second, messing with the radio... when he looked up I was stopped... wellllllll duhhhhh look ahead of you on the road... the light had turned yellow before I even go to it, did he not see that!!!?? I stopped as I should have and he looks up slams on his breaks but not fast enough, say oh man I'm really sorry, you ok, you ok... "hell no I'm not ok!!! Idiot"

Not to worry I will sign nothing to do with the medical end of this claim, I know that back injuries especially don't show up for a couple of weeks sometime. Got the Doc on it already!!!

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 10:14 PM

I will definitely be in the market for another, so ya'll keep me in mind. !!!!! SRT !!! maybe????

Chris L. 08-25-2009 10:25 PM

Re: My Crossfire Totalled!!!

Glad to hear you're not (hopefully) hurt too bad.....

You should try to find a deal like Pizzaguy got!!

or buy Wilma for only $35K

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...s/HPIM0667.JPGhttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...s/HPIM0627.JPGhttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...s/HPIM0662.JPGhttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle.../HPIM06341.JPG

InfernoRedXfire 08-25-2009 10:26 PM

Well that just sucks!

I'm so sorry to hear the news but glad it wasn't any worse. Keep your spirits up! A car is easy to replace. Even if it is a xfire.

Rapps 08-25-2009 10:35 PM

Deb- what can I say- glad your posting, start looking for a new ride now, will take your mind off of the whole crappy experience, sleep and relax. All our best Ann and Gary

WifeOfDamnYankee 08-25-2009 10:38 PM

How terrible!! I am so sorry! As much as we love 'em, the cars can be replaced - the drivers can not! Very glad you are okay.

+fireamx 08-25-2009 10:44 PM

Is it "OPEN SEASON" on Crossfires?
Doors getting hit in parking lots, bumpers getting keyed, people setting them on fire, and now Deborah's gets taken out by a Ford F350.
Thankfully...Deb's still with us.
We'll keep you in our prayers Deb. Remember, you have just 2 months before the Dragon.

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 10:47 PM

Hope to have a new one by the time the Dragon gets here, with any luck that is... my luck has not been great this week... Computer went down Friday, had to have it torn apart and a new hard drive put in it.... TV went out, twisted my ankle yet again in my moms yard... dang thinking I should never leave the house again!!! LOL

Squirrel Crusher 08-25-2009 10:51 PM

Sorry to here about the accident. The Doc's will get you patched up like new again. Hey :confused: weren't you the woman that had a squirrel in her glove box :confused: Squirrel Crusher

amx1397 08-25-2009 10:52 PM

Deborah sorry to here of your bad luck, hope you are and stay well ,, sent you a pm jim

Deborah Walker 08-25-2009 10:58 PM

No squirrel in my glovebox!! dang

Thanks Jim, I will look into that SRT6...

H82BL8 08-25-2009 11:07 PM

Deb so very sorry to hear this! It's a good thing you didn't get t-boned in the intersection. I'd feel the same way if my baby got crushed. I hope you'll find another one soon, glad your okay.

acrispy1 08-25-2009 11:07 PM

Sorry to hear Deb, I'm glad your OK the Crossfire can be replaced.