Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

1 owner, 40k miles, $10,000 good deal?

Old 12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1 owner, 40k miles, $10,000 good deal?

I am sorry to be pain and make too many threads but boy this is stressful, i cant seem to find the right car. So the title says it all. (i talked them down to 10k) They said that they put brand new 4 tires on the car as well. also what do you guys think about white? I really have mixed feelings about it...

And another thing, is this car lowered? According to the dealer, it is a CA car and never seen snow.

Chrysler : Crossfire:eBay Motors (item 330324805801 end time Dec-19-09 13:46:30 PST)

thanks!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 1 owner, 40k miles, $10,000 good deal?

yes it sure looks like it is lowered - and white is a great choice for the coupe

Old 12-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

A car-fax should tell you if it is a CA car. The car looks lowered to me. It has an aftermarket radio, the hooks between the seats are missing, and the side strakes have been painted white. Its hard to tell about the window trim and door handles in the pics. That is all minor stuff.

I would have to drive it before I bought it to see how it handles and rides since the suspension could have been messed with. Even that can be fixed if you don't like it. Is it local for you?

I am not big fan of white, but it does look nice. What other car could you buy for $10k with a look like that? For $10K, I wouldn't let the mileage bother me either.

Good Luck, James

Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White crossfires are very nice, the color really shows off the lines of the car. It sure looks like its been lowered. Personally, I would want mine to be as stock as possible then do the mods myself so I know what/how they were done.

Either way, get a good warrenty to cover any gremlins that may pop up. Check the seat heaters, rust under doors see "stop the rust while you can" sticky and have a mech look it over. Also, look at whatever paperwork is in the glove box. Ive gotten prior owners info before and talked to them personally about the car.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like including the source when you posted.
Has it been resprayed? I don't see any of the silver painted parts (windshield trim, side louvres, etc)
The Lettering on the rear has been removed.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James1549
A car-fax should tell you if it is a CA car. The car looks lowered to me. It has an aftermarket radio, the hooks between the seats are missing, and the side strakes have been painted white. Its hard to tell about the window trim and door handles in the pics. That is all minor stuff.

I would have to drive it before I bought it to see how it handles and rides since the suspension could have been messed with. Even that can be fixed if you don't like it. Is it local for you?

I am not big fan of white, but it does look nice. What other car could you buy for $10k with a look like that? For $10K, I wouldn't let the mileage bother me either.

Good Luck, James
it is 150 miles away from me. He also said that they replaced the two speakers behind the seats because they were blown. I am just thinking if this was owned by a kid who abused it. grrrr, i hate buying a used car. lol

Originally Posted by green-ghost
White crossfires are very nice, the color really shows off the lines of the car. It sure looks like its been lowered. Personally, I would want mine to be as stock as possible then do the mods myself so I know what/how they were done.

Either way, get a good warrenty to cover any gremlins that may pop up. Check the seat heaters, rust under doors see "stop the rust while you can" sticky and have a mech look it over. Also, look at whatever paperwork is in the glove box. Ive gotten prior owners info before and talked to them personally about the car.
thanks. I dont think i will get the warranty because i cant afford it. i didnt want to spend more than 9k on the car and i am spending 10k now. I hope she will last. most dealer warranties sucks anyways and they find something to not cover it. too much hassle.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

White is beautiful on the coupes. It is one of my favorite colors. It is definitely lowered. Looks to be close to 2" lower. You may want to see what suspension mods were done. If you are lucky, they did koni shocks, and Eibach Pro springs. On the other end of the spectrum, maybe the springs were cut. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

I saw my first White Coupe at the Dragon in October... awesome!!!!!!

With those miles, and that price, I'd jump on it!

Problem is, I am OLD - and a lowered car looks stupid to me. Added to that, is the concern for how the lowering was done. I"d pass on this one.

But if the lowering is done right and it passes the test drive, (and you like a lowered car) I don't see how you could go wrong.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular

Let's see:

Respray.
Lowered.
Speaker Blown.

I'd say, five it a good check.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
. Added to that, is the concern for how the lowering was done. I"d pass on this one.

But if the lowering is done right and it passes the test drive, (and you like a lowered car) I don't see how you could go wrong.
I agree.

I really like white xfires. This one has been modified with the white painted trim and questionable lowering. I would definitely see it in person and drive it (a lot) before purchasing.

On the surface, it looks like a great deal.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AutoCheck:

It is a CA car.
2 owners (one maybe dealer)
Leased car
At Auto Acution 3x (Feb 4, Mar 9, Apr 7 all '09)
No accidents/problems
Still has possible lien/loan - confirm w/ seller
Titled in IA 7/9/09
40,674 mi at last report

CHECK AUTOTRADER.com there are 941 Crossfires listed

Last edited by 70GT6; 12-10-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did this car belong to one of our members???

1C3AN69LX4X009294

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM

I agree with others. Definitely looks lowered. You need to determine how the car was lowered. The other things sound cosmetic. You need to take it for a good test drive and have it checked out by a mechanic. On a real positive note, depending on what tires were put on, 4 tires will cost about $1,000. $10K with brand new tires is not bad. One other thing. If the dealer sells extended warranties, see if he will throw one in for free. They get them at a deep discount.

Hey Pizza Guy, I'm older than you and I don't think the lowered look is stupid

Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine05
Hey Pizza Guy, I'm older than you and I don't think the lowered look is stupid
But, um, age is a state of mind, right?

Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely lowered and painted all the silver trim white. He even painted the rear spoiler plate white. I would definitely check out the car first in person before buying. Test drive it. Check the headliner to make sure it isn't peeling on the edges (a common problem). Check the AC fan speeds to make sure it works correctly on each speed setting.

It looks like some of the center console is peeling. Not a big deal but it just needs to be sprayed by a professional and it will look perfect. Have them touch up the interior because it will probably cost them nothing. If you had it done it would cost you some good money. I wouldn't touch it up myself because it looks bad.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 12-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular

thanks guys. I just talked to him about the paint thing and he said that they didnt do anything to the car paint wise and no idea about it. He said that the automatic spoiler was dead and they ordered a whole new unit and installed it. my problem is this place is 150 miles away from me. I dont want to drive 150 miles one way to test drive a car. he told me that they have done a few things to get the car in great shape mechanically i.e. steering wheel something sensor was replaces, new battery, new front brakes, alignment and other stuff i mentioned and that i wouldnt have to spend a penny on this car and that it runs really good and nice.

the one i test drove had stock suspension and boy it was stiff and bumpy (which i liked) I wonder how this one would be since it is lowered.

I already gave my information for loan application and they will let me know tomorrow the interest rate and all. so if i am gonna buy this one, i will pretty much buy it over the phone, go sign some papers and drive her back.

I guess it will either be a hit or miss or i will simply not go. after reading what you guys said, i am really scared...

Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 PM

$10,000 isn't worth 150 miles to you? In my experience if someone who doesn't know what they are doing owned the car before you there will be a lot of problems that you can't foresee. just from looking at the car I would say that the previous owner probably did most of the stuff himself so theres a good chance that the head unit wiring was just cut and spliced to the new head unit as opposed to buying an adapter or putting in a plug and play head unit. Also the missing things worries me that when he took apart the car to replace rear speakers he probably left things out like screws and bolts he just didn't bother to put them back. Also he left the rear spoiler dead, what else did he leave broken that you wouldn't find out until you've been driving for a while. Plus he lowered it and de-badged it so gotta check for stupid sounding exhaust and if this kid is into that he probably tried drifting or racing the car which could also cause hidden problems. I would skip on this car, cars that don't get respect don't give any.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kagen
$10,000 isn't worth 150 miles to you? In my experience if someone who doesn't know what they are doing owned the car before you there will be a lot of problems that you can't foresee. just from looking at the car I would say that the previous owner probably did most of the stuff himself so theres a good chance that the head unit wiring was just cut and spliced to the new head unit as opposed to buying an adapter or putting in a plug and play head unit. Also the missing things worries me that when he took apart the car to replace rear speakers he probably left things out like screws and bolts he just didn't bother to put them back. Also he left the rear spoiler dead, what else did he leave broken that you wouldn't find out until you've been driving for a while. Plus he lowered it and de-badged it so gotta check for stupid sounding exhaust and if this kid is into that he probably tried drifting or racing the car which could also cause hidden problems. I would skip on this car, cars that don't get respect don't give any.
I agree with you.. pass on it. You can find one closer to you. These cars are around so be patient and the right car will come to you. The fact that the spoiler was dead bothers me. I think that is rare because I never heard anyone complain about a dead spoiler (unless the battery was low).

Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular

Come on guys, get real, I've owned white cars most of my life they show off ZERO lines, there is no contrast.......... they show less dirt. yep... but Lines NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why do you think the car shows NEVER or hardly EVER show a WHITE CAR, the lines are lost.!!! White is a dull color, it has zero reflections, it is white, I only owned white cars because they didn't show dirt as much..... definitely was not becasuse they showed their lines, they never did!!!!

Good luck with the with the White, if you are looking to show off the lines of the car.... Walk away from this car there are better ones out there!!

Last edited by Deborah Walker; 12-10-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Forum Regular

Did you check and see if this car has been in an accident? The part under the spoiler should be grey color not the same color as the car. I got a feeling there has been an accident on the car in the rear end but that's just me. Unless the guy who previously owned it was **** about that grey spot not being white on the car.

Quick Reply: 1 owner, 40k miles, $10,000 good deal?