CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Crossfire stalled in middle of road, woudnt start for 3 hours!!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/39689-crossfire-stalled-middle-road-woudnt-start-3-hours.html)

samo59 12-18-2009 01:44 PM

Crossfire stalled in middle of road, woudnt start for 3 hours!!!

So I was heading over to class yesterday and I was movin along at 10 mph waiting for big truck in front of me to go as it had just turned green and my Crossfire suddenly died. All the lights worked including radio, yet the car would not start. I sat there for twenty minutes and not one single person offered to help me move it to the side, some people actually yelled at me. Whenever I see someone stranded like that I always pull over and help them out. I finally got out, went to one of the houses around there and asked the owner of the house to help me push my XF to the side. That power steering is hard when you got no power haha. Anyway my friend eventually finally picked me up and while I was waiting for him, three crossfires passed by!! Where were they when I was stranded in the middle of the road?!?! I rarely see crossfires too haha. Anywho just recently (three months ago), I got the Crank Sensor replaced so it must be the Relay Control Module/Fuel Pump Relay right? I searched for this on here but how do I order it? Do I go to the Mercedes website and order it through there? Do I call them up and tell them I need a Fuel Pump Relay for an SLK 320? Thanks!

-Sam

Stogey 12-18-2009 01:49 PM

Re: Crossfire stalled in middle of road, woudnt start for 3 hours!!!

There's a sticky as to how to repair the RCM or you can pull the module out and there is a Mercedes Part Number on the bottom. The part is much cheaper from MB than Chrysler ! :D

Here's the stickey on how to repair RCM : https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

samo59 12-18-2009 02:27 PM

Awesome, I'll check it out for sure!!Thanks!!

tighed1 12-18-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by samo59
Awesome, I'll check it out for sure!!Thanks!!

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Here to help!

green-ghost 12-18-2009 03:46 PM

So I was heading over to class yesterday and I was movin along at 10 mph waiting for big truck in front of me to go as it had just turned green and my Crossfire suddenly died. All the lights worked including radio, yet the car would not start. I sat there for twenty minutes and not one single person offered to help me move it to the side, some people actually yelled at me. Whenever I see someone stranded like that I always pull over and help them out. I finally got out, went to one of the houses around there and asked the owner of the house to help me push my XF to the side. That power steering is hard when you got no power haha. Anyway my friend eventually finally picked me up and while I was waiting for him, three crossfires passed by!! Where were they when I was stranded in the middle of the road?!?! I rarely see crossfires too haha. Anywho just recently (three months ago), I got the Crank Sensor replaced so it must be the Relay Control Module/Fuel Pump Relay right? I searched for this on here but how do I order it? Do I go to the Mercedes website and order it through there? Do I call them up and tell them I need a Fuel Pump Relay for an SLK 320? Thanks!

-Sam

Your car wouldnt happen to be black would it? there are some folks that seem to hate black crossfires:)

tighed1 12-18-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by green-ghost
Your car wouldnt happen to be black would it? there are some folks that seem to hate black crossfires:)

No way he would be caught in a BLACK XF!

He rocks in an Aero Blue baby!

Musclefan21 12-18-2009 04:39 PM

i know there is a saying "if it ain't broken, dont fix it" but do you think it is a good idea to fix this issue before it is broken? I am terrified to be in the same situation. I truly felt sorry for the OP when i read what happened to him.

RMADERMAN 12-18-2009 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
No way he would be caught in a BLACK XF!

He rocks in an Aero Blue baby!

Aero Blue Baby XF just needed some attention. Only reason it would stop in the middle of the road.

oledoc2u 12-18-2009 05:58 PM

now what color was that broken down XF? anyway, it sucks to get stranded like that...hope it works out

MikeR 12-18-2009 06:21 PM

We dont HATE black..... we just know better!:D

InfernoRedXfire 12-18-2009 06:32 PM

Doesn't it seem odd that this problem usually happens on blue Crossfires? :rolleyes: :p

oledoc2u 12-18-2009 06:38 PM

I think it happens on higher mileage XF's...if you don't use them, they don't break....lol

samo59 12-18-2009 08:13 PM

Hahaha yea it's an Aero Blue XF. But I use it everyday, so that's not the problem. I like how u guys reframed the situation haha. I think I'm just gonna buy a new RCM. After getting a new one, has anybody had the same problem happen or no? And whats stopping a new RCM from going back just like the old one?

-Sam

green-ghost 12-18-2009 08:25 PM

this thread really explains it all. I did mine just to prevent a future melt down. How it turned out is another subject ;) Id recommend sending it to Tighed1 for the repair its worth the peace of mind

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

tighed1 12-18-2009 11:22 PM

Hahaha yea it's an Aero Blue XF. But I use it everyday, so that's not the problem. I like how u guys reframed the situation haha. I think I'm just gonna buy a new RCM. After getting a new one, has anybody had the same problem happen or no? And whats stopping a new RCM from going back just like the old one?

-Sam

Hey Sam if you are going to buy a new RCM I would love to have your bad RCM to hold as a spare to help out other forum members. I'll repair it and hang onto it till someone has the same problem then I can sent the repaired RCM to them while they send me their bad RCM. That way they get back on the road quicker.
Then I fix their bad RCM and hold it for the next time.

Let me know if you can help out.

samo59 12-19-2009 02:17 PM

Yea for sure. I'll let you know what I decided to do. Thanks!

-Sam