CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   newbie looking for a vin check (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/42552-newbie-looking-vin-check.html)

rkbuggy 05-10-2010 06:57 PM

newbie looking for a vin check

I am new here and not sure how to post but I see other people asking for a vin check. I am looking at buying my first crossfire just to have fun driving it. I found a 1995 base coupe but I know it has a rebuilt title. The guy wants $7500 for it with 83,000 miles. It looks really good but, please advise. I'm just not sure.
VIN 1C3AN59L55X032297

Thank You

LDNrevs 05-10-2010 07:06 PM

Re: newbie looking for a vin check

Originally Posted by rkbuggy
I am new here and not sure how to post but I see other people asking for a vin check. I am looking at buying my first crossfire just to have fun driving it. I found a 1995 base coupe but I know it has a rebuilt title. The guy wants $7500 for it with 83,000 miles. It looks really good but, please advise. I'm just not sure.
VIN 1C3AN59L55X032297

Thank You

1995 :confused:

rkbuggy 05-10-2010 07:09 PM

Sorry, 2005

jerry rosewicz 05-10-2010 07:25 PM

:o The price seems very reasonable, even with a rebuilt title and 83K. Find a good mechanic that can check it out on a lift and then both of you test drive it for at least an hour in both city and highway. If it feels "right" make him an offer. Can't help you with a free carfax, but someone else might be able to run the VIN. Sure would like to know what it looked like before it got "rebuilt" :rolleyes: Is it a dealer or private seller?

rkbuggy 05-10-2010 07:53 PM

I saw the before pics. It was run off into the ditch and tore-up the right front grill. I can't believe they totaled it. The guy is a small dealer that operates out of his house but the repair was done by a local Chrysler dealership. The car belonged to the Chrysler dealers ex-wife. Quite a story Eh!!

bmorgan 05-10-2010 07:57 PM

At that price, the car would be a great candidate to do a V-8 swap. :D

onehundred80 05-10-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by rkbuggy
I saw the before pics. It was run off into the ditch and tore-up the right front grill. I can't believe they totaled it. The guy is a small dealer that operates out of his house but the repair was done by a local Chrysler dealership. The car belonged to the Chrysler dealers ex-wife. Quite a story Eh!!

Was it run of the road by a friend of the dealer?
If so, he may have repaired it expecting his wife to drive it again, check the brakes.:p

jerry rosewicz 05-10-2010 08:17 PM

Based on the "story", it is still a good price. Make sure you have a really good mechanic that you trust check it out. Even if the body looks good, how well was it maintained? Remember, take a long test drive and then if you still like it, offer him $6500! :rolleyes: Let us know what happens.

texas t 05-10-2010 08:19 PM

Take a look at this one, good title and new tires Price negotiable!

Cars for Sale: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire in delray beach, FL 33168: Coupe Details - 274720304 - AutoTrader.com