CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   When TC turned off, is light supposed to blink? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/42841-when-tc-turned-off-light-supposed-blink.html)

crookedview 05-22-2010 10:15 PM

When TC turned off, is light supposed to blink?

It's been so long since I've been able to drive my car problem-free (I think), but one thing I don't remember for sure:

If I turn traction control off via the console switch, and my tires spin, is the light still supposed to flash on and off when the tires are slipping, or should the light remain solid? I know if TC is off, the light will blink when the TC system engages.

Just want to make sure there's nothing further wrong with my ESP/BAS system :).

Thanks to anyone for the refresher.

Thirteendog 05-22-2010 10:19 PM

Re: When TC turned off, is light supposed to blink?

Originally Posted by crookedview
It's been so long since I've been able to drive my car problem-free (I think), but one thing I don't remember for sure:

If I turn traction control off via the console switch, and my tires spin, is the light still supposed to flash on and off when the tires are slipping, or should the light remain solid? I know if TC is off, the light will blink when the TC system engages.

Just want to make sure there's nothing further wrong with my ESP/BAS system :).

Thanks to anyone for the refresher.

Technically you can't completely turn tc off. It will still engage if it feels like it needs to.

crookedview 05-22-2010 10:25 PM

Right, I know that.. It just seems that my tires aren't spinning as much after everything I've done, and I just want to make sure the TC light will still blink when I've turned it 'off' via the button :)

Thirteendog 05-22-2010 10:29 PM

Right, I know that.. It just seems that my tires aren't spinning as much after everything I've done, and I just want to make sure the TC light will still blink when I've turned it 'off' via the button :)

Sorry I didn't realize I didn't specify. Yes the light will blink when the traction control light will blink, regardless of it being off or on.

You know it's faster when your tires aren't spinning:-). It's also faster when your cars not sideways lol

+fireamx 05-22-2010 10:39 PM

Crookedview, what year do you have? Stick or automatic?

ChuckNorris 05-22-2010 10:43 PM

It should blink anytime wheel slip is sensed. Did it take long to bleed the brakes?

crookedview 05-25-2010 01:00 AM

+fireamx: Stick

ChuckNorris: Didn't take me long, since I had a shop do it :). Didn't feel like jacking the car up on a nice weekend. All seems well though.

Infinite 05-25-2010 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Technically you can't completely turn tc off. It will still engage if it feels like it needs to.

fuses ;)
the easiest way to no traction control

crookedview 06-15-2010 06:53 PM

Resurrecting my thread :)

Anyone know if the ESP module that connects to the ABS control module specific to a manual trans or auto trans? Or even if the ABS control module is transmission, or vehicle specific?

Thanks!

onehundred80 06-15-2010 09:49 PM

Resurrecting my thread :)

Anyone know if the ESP module that connects to the ABS control module specific to a manual trans or auto trans? Or even if the ABS control module is transmission, or vehicle specific?

Thanks!

Could you be a bit more specific ?
I am afraid to say I have no idea what you are talking about, but that's normal for me, I think.:confused:

Thirteendog 06-15-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite
fuses ;)
the easiest way to no traction control

Pull that fuse and meet me at the dragon in the fall. We'll see who survives lol. I wouldn't want to lose t/c and abs which is what happens when you pull the fuses.

Mighty Quin 06-16-2010 04:00 PM

Over here in the UK - tyres are pretty expensive and you learn pretty quick to take care of a full set - unless you have money to burn.

I wouldnt recommend ever bypassing safety systems that have been created for your safety on the road - its not just your life - its the other people who dont have a choice because of the decisons youve made - unless your on the track of course.

I would guess any warranty or insurance would be completely null and void from this kind of activity and I am not sure what your trying to achieve.

Chris L. 06-16-2010 06:53 PM

What does a new set of OEM Contis cost in England?

Mighty Quin 06-17-2010 05:14 PM

If you mean continentals - around £153 for the front - £250 plus for the rears are around the average costs.

crookedview 06-19-2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Could you be a bit more specific ?
I am afraid to say I have no idea what you are talking about, but that's normal for me, I think.:confused:

Ha, sorry. Was pretty tired when I asked that.

There's an ESP and ABS module that connects to the aluminum block that the hydraulic lines connect to. I'm wondering if either of those modules (ESP and/or ABS) are specific to a manual transmission vs. an automatic transmission, or if the same modules are used on all Crossfires.

Does that make more sense?

onehundred80 06-19-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mighty Quin
If you mean continentals - around £153 for the front - £250 plus for the rears are around the average costs.

That is what they cost in Canada, thats the list price and you should get at the very least 20% off that price.
It's cheaper to import them from the US.

onehundred80 06-19-2010 04:11 PM

Ha, sorry. Was pretty tired when I asked that.

There's an ESP and ABS module that connects to the aluminum block that the hydraulic lines connect to. I'm wondering if either of those modules (ESP and/or ABS) are specific to a manual transmission vs. an automatic transmission, or if the same modules are used on all Crossfires.

Does that make more sense?

Much more sense, it must have been a long day.

315er 06-26-2010 08:11 AM

I've never been able to spin my tires ..04 Automatic...Also, my light is always dimly lit..brightens up when I turn off the TC..

onehundred80 06-26-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 315er
I've never been able to spin my tires ..04 Automatic...Also, my light is always dimly lit..brightens up when I turn off the TC..

It looks dimly lit because it picks up the light that lights the dash area in general with the ignition on. The bulb itself is off.