Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Please Help New Xfire Owner

Old 06-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Please Help New Xfire Owner

.... You can test the horns with the battery..... disconnect the wires at the horn and run two wires from the horn to the battery and touch one to ground and one to the positive(12V) terminal..... did each horn go BEEEEEEEEEP!

If yes, the horns are good.... now you need Doc's meter to test the wiring to the fuses and check for power at the fuses.....

Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE!

My friends father is a mechanic. He personaly went through and did everything that was mentioned in prior posts. All connections and fuses are good. Also I took some wire and directly wired the horns to the battery..... they HONKED! I am starting to think that the problem is a horn relay or something spooky like that. Does anyone else think this sounds like a spendy fix? I hope not.

PS. My Grammar is work in progress and I still have multiple years ahead.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you have voltage at the horns?

Open up the Relay Control Module the horn relay is in there. If you close the contacts on the correct relay the horn will sound. Which one is it? I'm thinking "C" or the "E" on the right. If not then it's "A" or "B" (could be the other "E" too) I forget at the moment. Just close one at a time and see if the horn sounds. That will check the ground side of the circuit.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XFIORR
UPDATE!

My friends father is a mechanic. He personaly went through and did everything that was mentioned in prior posts. All connections and fuses are good. Also I took some wire and directly wired the horns to the battery..... they HONKED! I am starting to think that the problem is a horn relay or something spooky like that. Does anyone else think this sounds like a spendy fix? I hope not.

PS. My Grammar is work in progress and I still have multiple years ahead.
Glad to see we didn't run you off, with our grammar lecture lol. Are you comfortable working on your own car? If not I'm sure we've got a few member in Iowa that would be willing to help you out.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rfors777
I think that about sums up the future of this once, educated country.
Not so fast, the same way the older members do not like to be grouped together, the young educated ones get mad when they are lumped with every other 20 something that does not apply themselves.

Originally Posted by Catsfire
I'd like to offer a touch of friendly advice. While the written language may not be important to you, it is important to others. When you are seeking the help and guidance of others it is a good idea to adapt and show respect. Poorly written posts are likely to get ignored, (or at least ridiculed) and explaining the reasons for your sloppiness are not valid excuses for disrespect. I apologize if this seems harsh, know that everything counts. I've seen people get amazing job referrals from relationships built on forums like this.
Can we make this standard reading for anyone under 30 who joins the forum, some of the younger people on here make everyone in my generation sound ignorent and uneducated.

OP this is not directed at you alone, and I applaud your willingness to make an effort.

The same way if you walked up to an older gentleman browsing at the auto parts store and asked for some help with your car, you might get different responses. If you were wearing a baseball cap sideways and your pants hanging off your *** and talked the way you type, I bet the response would not be soo good. If you were dressed normally and spoke eloquently and with respect, I bet he would be more than happy to help. Same situation, but for some reason when you do not have to look a man in the eye, people think they can get away with anything.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM

remember your talking to a "collage student". by saying touch one side our the other on the fuse will not always make sense! on top of the fuse there are two silver "tabs" you need to take the light probe and touch one of those. touching the colored plastic will not work (make sure you have the clamp end grounded) "attached to a METAL - non painted surface like a nut"

Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
The same way if you walked up to an older gentleman browsing at the auto parts store and asked for some help with your car, you might get different responses. If you were wearing a baseball cap sideways and your pants hanging off your *** and talked the way you type, I bet the response would not be soo good. If you were dressed normally and spoke eloquently and with respect, I bet he would be more than happy to help. Same situation, but for some reason when you do not have to look a man in the eye, people think they can get away with anything.
Or if you're a blond bombshell, with big **** halfway hanging out, you could get that same guy in the parts store to rebuild your engine 3 times over

Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Or if you're a blond bombshell, with big **** halfway hanging out, you could get that same guy in the parts store to rebuild your engine 3 times over
Truer words have not been spoken LOL

Old 06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Thumbs up Re: Please Help New Xfire Owner

I am very limited when it comes to mechanics. I had to get my friends dad to check all they fuses and connections and such because I didn't have the proper tools. I wish more people in iowa had xfires. I would take the RCM out myself, but I fear if I opened the box up my car may never run right again. I may try to mess with the relays but just definately not alone.

-Thank you to all that have posted I appreciate it.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 PM

I hope you were watching and learning when your friends dad was doing the checking.....

Maybe he would be willing to keep working with you if you're showing an interest in learning and he has the time... if not find someone else who will work with you and teach you... it dosent have to be the same person all the time either... we all do things a little different...

Hey DJ, did you forget the alphabet??? A, B, E, C, E.... whats with that dude?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hey DJ, did you forget the alphabet??? A, B, E, C, E.... whats with that dude?
Don't confuse the issue - He marked over the other "B" and then re-marked it other "E" so it would not be right by the the orignal "B" and still be far enough away from the original "E" so as not to be confused- that's why he by-passed the orignal "D" - I think...

Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM

Roflmao........

Old 06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
Roflmao........
Ditto!

I was tracing the circuit paths throught the RCM and got crossed up.
Either that or it was the beer!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Either that or it was the beer!
Something all xfire tinkerers have in common LOL