Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

It's that time... after 5 years, goodbye Crossfire!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It's that time... after 5 years, goodbye Crossfire!

Jeeez.. I remember when nobody knew what a crossfire was.. when my mom picked me up from high school (total surprise) in my 05 aero blue limited coupe.. got to drive it home that day at the sweet age of 15.. (didn't even have my license yet!!)..never will forget it!!!

Time has come to move on. The joy of a 2-seater, and not being able to drive anyone anywhere has definitely faded from me.

This forum has been great to me, back when I was 15 all the way to now, almost 21.

Def. will miss the car and the millions of looks everyone gave me!

Moving in to one of these...

2007 cts-v.. 25k miles for $24k... not a bad price and its in absolute flawless condition..

I'll still be around for a little bit checking back and you crazy crossfire owners!!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: It's that time... after 5 years, goodbye Crossfire!

congrats...good choice and a good deal

Old 06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

I went from a crossfire to a cts 3.6l six speed and then back to a srt6. Im intrested in how you still like the cts in 6 months. I loved that car for the first 6 months and then hated it. Not trying to put it down or anything it is a great looking car and much more mods for it than any crossfire. Goodluck with it.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Do you have any part for sale? CAI
.... and more?

Cool, I always like the CTS but the new one CTS 09/2010 make the previous ones looks like a little girl lost in the RPM

I am not a crazy driver but, enjoyed when I had an M5 in 92 and driving 250KM/H on the highways...
Cruising was around 180KM/H but I would love try to the new CTS V, would love!!!!!!!!!!!!geez

Anyway, good choice, great car. you will miss the XF, one of the kind for sure..... but at least you can tell, I had one. Keep a photo of it. did you tell her good bye???? ;-)

Let me know

Max

Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
I went from a crossfire to a cts 3.6l six speed and then back to a srt6. Im intrested in how you still like the cts in 6 months. I loved that car for the first 6 months and then hated it. Not trying to put it down or anything it is a great looking car and much more mods for it than any crossfire. Goodluck with it.

Thanks!

The crossfire isn't (and won't be..) gone for at least a little bit..

I'm pretty much over the whole super fast sports car thing. If I had an SRT-6 (crazy fast!!) I might feel a little different right now but for 5 years I was driving something that looked so fast, but really wasn't.

What did you not like about the CTS? I don't really need the V series, but I figured, it looks 1000x better, the extra power, and of course it has loaded options so that is the main draw towards me.

I'm looking to get a nice, nice, luxury ride now. Something really quiet, no squeaks / rattles, and just looks classy. I also want to be able to put more then a person in my car.

The Crossfire just isn't doing it for me anymore.. unfortunately.

I also agree that with GM, every time they come out with a new model they make the previous one look OUTRAGEOUSLY dated. Obviously I would LOVE the newer CTS, but at 20 and my budget, I think this will serve me just fine!!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Forum Regular

I can understand where nox1s is comming from. I too am coming down a bit from my XF high I have been on. I love my XF to death but this is the longest I've had a car (over 2 yrs.) and have fallen in absolute lust over the new Audi TT. Havent loved a car as much as the TT since...well...since the XF came out in 2004. The S40 might be getting put out to pasture...because I'm a loser and cant bear to take the plunge and trade the XF. My mind is a mess.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular

hahhaha

We call that LUV....

Hold tight to your XF

Be strong , be fun , be XF....

Old 06-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nox1s

What did you not like about the CTS? I don't really need the V series, but I figured, it looks 1000x better, the extra power, and of course it has loaded options so that is the main draw towards me.
The thing I didn't like about it the most was that it did not have telescopic steering wheel. So either my legs were to far away and I could not push the clutch in or my arms were so close that I felt like a 90 year old. Im 6'2" and had this problem. Second I did not like how big the steering wheel was. Im also not a 4 door type of kid so the first week I had it took the back seat out because everyone wanted a ride. The things that I loved about that car though were the turing radius and how solid it drove and felt. No squeaks, rubs or anything it was great. Dont get me wrong it was a great car just not my type.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:07 AM

You now own the fastest production sedan in the world. 570 hp v8 got to be fun!

Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

before you grab the caddy take a mercedes e55 for a ride!! massive luxury and the ability to run 11 sec 1/4 mile!!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

So your mom buys you a XF and then a CTV. Please post picture and year of mom, I may be interested.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Troy,
We will miss you at the WDC for sure. Come around to say hi -friends are friends regardless of the car they drive.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeeez.. I remember when nobody knew what a crossfire was.. when my mom picked me up from high school (total surprise) in my 05 aero blue limited coupe.. got to drive it home that day at the sweet age of 15.. (didn't even have my license yet!!)..never will forget it!!!

Time has come to move on. The joy of a 2-seater, and not being able to drive anyone anywhere has definitely faded from me.

This forum has been great to me, back when I was 15 all the way to now, almost 21.

Def. will miss the car and the millions of looks everyone gave me!

Moving in to one of these...

2007 cts-v.. 25k miles for $24k... not a bad price and its in absolute flawless condition..

I'll still be around for a little bit checking back and you crazy crossfire owners!!
Life must really be hell, all of my vehicles (4) including my crossfire don't even come close to that figure put together. You were 7 when I bought my "new" truck!

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 06-27-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
So your mom buys you a XF and then a CTV. Please post picture and year of mom, I may be interested.
we think alike, and that is scary right there.....

Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jerry rosewicz
You now own the fastest production sedan in the world. 570 hp v8 got to be fun!
Sorry, but almost 200 HP off.

He will be getting the NA V8 with 400HP and 395 ft lb.

Still no dog, but not the SC Vette motor either

Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget the CTS-V. Hasn't owning a Crossfire taught you that reliability of the Mercedes engine is second to none?

If you want a powerhouse sedan look at the C32 or C55.

I just upgraded to the C55 and couldn't be happier. Sure its 364hp vs 400hp but you are getting the reliability of the Mercedes engine. The new CTS-V look really well put together but the 2008s and below never impressed me with their looks.

Just my opinion.

Pics of mine:
. on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not have a CTS-V, but did have a new CTS when they came out. 5 sp. manual in that wierd orange. I just write to tell you that mine was trouble free for the two year lease. Bought it out of the lease at the end because I had a standing offer at $1500 more than my residual value, and immediately sold it (and I was over miles). In short, economically the best car I ever had. Fun--yes that too. It should be a good experience, but I think you will find that driving others around is not a plus but a minus.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vegaslegal
I did not have a CTS-V, but did have a new CTS when they came out. 5 sp. manual in that wierd orange. I just write to tell you that mine was trouble free for the two year lease. Bought it out of the lease at the end because I had a standing offer at $1500 more than my residual value, and immediately sold it (and I was over miles). In short, economically the best car I ever had. Fun--yes that too. It should be a good experience, but I think you will find that driving others around is not a plus but a minus.

Didn't think this thread would be this popular! I will still have my xFire for a little bit longer.

Goldwing - my mother/father are not 'buying' this car for me. Sure, they help me tons more financially then they need to, or should.. but that is not to say I am not overly grateful. I have been working since I was 15, and always save my money. I buy nice things, and they respect that. My parents biggest issue is me getting through college, and doing it well. I maintain a 3.85 GPA and having been through Kettering University (you're from Michigan you most likely know what that is) and now Nursing @ Oakland University. If that ever drops and I start getting into trouble / not doing what i'm supposed to be doing, well, all hell will break lose and I will be lucky to have a Bicycle!

I'm not some rich stuck up snob who thinks he deserves everything for nothing. I'm also not going to apologize for my parents being well off and sharing it with me, I would do the same for my children.

That's enough of that, i'm not trying to toot my own horn but I just don't want to be labeled as some rich kid living off his parents wealth doing nothing with his life.

Back to the topic!! Thanks everyone for the wishes. You're right i'm not getting the new CTS-V with the same engine as the Vette, that'd be absolutely overkill. Just nice to have a little OOMPH which still driving a quiet, nice, luxury vehicle. This is why i'm getting the V series. I want to feel like i'm driving on a cloud of air!!

Vegaslegal - It was nice only having one seat in High school, but now, if I don't want to drive anyone around, well, I won't. There has been COUNTLESS times where I cursed myself for getting such a damn small car and not being able to fit anyone in it.

Rapps, Maybe I will come out to woodward and visit you guys! Hopefully the car will be gone by then (part of this is that my 21st birthday is August 17th) but you guys always made the dream cruise fun.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Maybe I will come out to woodward and visit you guys! Hopefully the car will be gone by then (part of this is that my 21st birthday is August 17th) but you guys always made the dream cruise fun.
It was nice to meet you out there last year, hopefully I will see you again this year.

John

PS - I do like your new CTS, just would not have been the car I would have gone for....

Old 06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey nox1s, enjoy your Caddy, I know what you're going through. When I was 20, I too lusted after a Caddy, only no V series then. I traded my 'Vette in on a Black Seville, 350 V8 with fuel injection and all the toys. Really loved the car, until that is I got laughed out of of the Dive-in, big joke was I was driving "Daddy's" car. Needless to say the Caddy went and I was next behind the wheel of a Chevelle SS 396. Sure do miss the Chevelle and the 'Vette but I can't say that about the Caddy......2 doors to many!

Quick Reply: It's that time... after 5 years, goodbye Crossfire!