Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Whoo! Should I buy it???

Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Whoo! Should I buy it???

Originally Posted by The Beep
With $1500 down, the new loan would be $19,000. The Ltd and the old loan wash themselves out.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the sales manager. He's not sure what the new roof will cost and may jack the price of the car up.
They will rip you off. I know those guys there. Be very careful. Make them pay for the roof and make them drop the price down. I think the price is a bit high.

They took the car in on a trade... most likely made a fortune in profit on selling the new car and now want to double dip on you by making a fortune selling the used car. I tried to negotiate with them once on a new car and they look to rip people off. Not to mention their service department in a joke! I really don't see how this dealership stays in business.

Let them pay to fix the car right. It is not your problem they bought a car with this issue... besides it cost them next to nothing for repairs! Even if they claim they paid 18K for the car then that is their problem because they probably gave the guy too much for it (which I doubt). Trust me... they saw the roof problem from the inspection and deducted the cost of a new roof off the trade in value from the previous owner. Don't fall for their B.S.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 06-29-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

These guys all work on pretty much the same formula. If they are asking $21K for the car they paid no more than $14K wholesale.

If they bought it not knowing the roof was bad or the window was bad, that's on them.

They can't repair it for "next to nothing" but they will pay no more than they can get away with to replace any parts. Best price I've seen, and it was a while back, for a convertible top was $3,500 on EBAy and it was used. If they can find one, they will put a used one on it.

So in the end, likely, they have less than $11K/$12K in the car before tires and roof.

My neighbor runs a gravel lot, "Buy here pay here" If there is a trick to selling junk, he's done it. This sounds like one of his deals.

There is no such thing as an "honest" used car saleman. As much as I would want you to enjoy an SRT, unless you can buy it right, I would be cautious here.

SRT convertibles are rare. But you have no obligation to save this one from being oversold to an ignorant, overly exited, novice buyer. There are good SRT verts out there for the same money or less.

You are already infected with SRT fever. Buying one does not cure you of the disease. But buying a good one makes it possible to live, somewhat normaly, with the affliction.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-29-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
These guys all work onpretty much the same formul. If they are asking $21K for the car they paid no more than $14K wholesale.

If they bought it not knowing the roof was bad or the window was bad, that's on them.

They can't repair it for "next to nothing" but they will pay no more than they can get away with to replacde any parts. Best price I've seen, and it was a while back, for a convertible top was $3,500 on EBAy and it was used. If they can find one, they will put a used one on it.

So in the end, likely, they have less than $11K/$12K in the car before tires and roof.

My neighbor runs a gravel lot, "Buy here pay here" If there is a trick to selling junk, he's done it. This sounds like one of his deals.

There is no such thing as an "honest" used car saleman. As much as I would want you to enjoy an SRT, unless you can buy it right, I would be cautious here.

SRT convertibles are rare. But you have no obligation to save this one from being oversold to an ignorant, overly exited, novice buyer. There are good SRT verts out there for the same money or less.

You are already infected with SRT fever. Buying one does not cure you of the disease. But buying a good one makes it possible to live, somewhat normaly, with the affliction.

roadster with a stick
I agree with all you said. But these dealerships have guys that come around and do work in bulk... so the cost to fix this particular car could be next to nothing. These guys pop out dings, repair upholstery, touch up the console if they scratch the paint off.... etc. Not sure what is wrong with the top on this particular car but I am sure they throw someone a bone to repair it while the guy is working on another project. I bought a brand new convertible once and something on the top was torn. They had the top guy handle it and it was easily fixed. I can't imagine it cost the dealership much money... I didn't even get charged for it. This is what I call the cost of doing business. So make the dealership pay for it!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 06-29-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I agree with all you said. But these dealerships have guys that come around and do work in bulk... so the cost to fix this particular car could be next to nothing. These guys pop out dings, repair upholstery, touch up the console if they scratch the paint off.... etc. Not sure what is wrong with the top on this particular car but I am sure they throw someone a bone to repair it while the guy is working on another project. I bought a brand new convertible once and something on the top was torn. They had the top guy handle it and it was easily fixed. I can't imagine it cost the dealership much money... I didn't even get charged for it. This is what I call the cost of doing business. So make the dealership pay for it!
I'm not bill clinton. So please don't parse my words.
BEEP said a "new Top" not a repair of the old one.
I'm sure they could do something for "next to nothing" if you defined that term very broadly. But a "new top" is not going for next to nothing any more than a "new set of tires" would. I see "next to nothing" at about $4K for the top installed and $600 for economy tires.

I'm telling you from my time in the business at Enterprise Leasing Co and working on car deals with my neighbor who has done it (since the fifties), if they put a new top and tires on the car they got it for $12K highest.

That's $16,500 in the car and they will want at least 25% over that or it stays on the lot until they find an emotional newbie.

Is that BEEP? I dunno. That's up to him.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-29-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:54 PM

I'm not bill clinton.
There is no way I could confuse you with slick ***** (or Obama). Just not possible

Old 06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will miss the 6 speed, you will get fewer mpg, you will get a sunburn on your head, your insurance will go up, the top will eventually need more $ put in to it, when the blower goes .....$$$$$.

Oh, what the hell....go for it!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not easily torked off, but this dealership is managing to do it.
The original sales rep offered jack squat for my trade and I was ready to walk right there. Then this "sales manager" stepped in and actually offered numbers I could agree with (their listed above) but had to check on the cost of the top.

Since then, I've called him repeatedly to see if we have a deal and he keeps saying he'll call be back. He has yet to call as promised. This is very unprofessional at best.

I now have calls in to the sales manager and the general manager but haven't heard from either of those guy's either.

The only thing I've learned is that they want to "repair" the top, not replace it. I'm still not out. There are threads on here of people that have successfully reglued the rear window.

I would want a warranty for sure.

I really wonder how a company can stay profitable doing business this way???

Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm not easily torked off, but this dealership is managing to do it.
The original sales rep offered jack squat for my trade and I was ready to walk right there. Then this "sales manager" stepped in and actually offered numbers I could agree with (their listed above) but had to check on the cost of the top.

Since then, I've called him repeatedly to see if we have a deal and he keeps saying he'll call be back. He has yet to call as promised. This is very unprofessional at best.

I now have calls in to the sales manager and the general manager but haven't heard from either of those guy's either.

The only thing I've learned is that they want to "repair" the top, not replace it. I'm still not out. There are threads on here of people that have successfully reglued the rear window.

I would want a warranty for sure.

I really wonder how a company can stay profitable doing business this way???

Run, don't walk. Run from this car.
They will not answer your calls because now you appear "hooked" You want it. They know it.
Once the money changes hands, they will not answer your calls then either.

franc

Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Run, don't walk. Run from this car.
They will not answer your calls because now you appear "hooked" You want it. They know it.
Once the money changes hands, they will not answer your calls then either.

franc

I agree ^^^

Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM

I need to put my $.02 in here ...... I have repaired my back window in Feb this year. I used the technique posted by tighed1. Sorry, don't know how to linky it. I used the adhesive he suggested, and it it still holding like new. The glue is fantastic. The window wasn't hanging out, just came loose about 15 inches along the bottom seam. If the top is in good condition, and just needs reglueing, do it yourself using the recommended glue. If they repair it, you'd never know what they used. (elmers glue???). I wouldnj't let the window issue stop the purchase, unless the window is unglued 50% or more.

Be that as it may ...... in reality there are other SRT6 roadsters out there, and if this "dealer" continues to ignore you........ walk away ..... I personally don't deal well with SHxT like that ...... At this point if they don't come across to your satisfaction ...... screw it. I wouldn't beg them to sell you a car .... you're the one with the $$$. I know, because I've been there before, that if you're in a financial situation, where you "need" to trade-in your car with this deal, it makes it tough to decide to walk away. A couple of people have said something about this dealer as a "rip off" and be careful. You are in charge of your destiny in this deal. I would crunch my numbers again, let them know in no uncertain terms that this is your last offer, and give them one last chance. Just my $.02 ......

Old 06-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Sounds to me like the dealer thinks he has a bigger catch looming to buy it. That's most likely why he's not returning your calls.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:29 PM

Well, I just got a call from someone at that dealership (could hardly understand a word, their phone was so cheap) saying something about someone wrote them a check.

I take this to mean they sold the car to someone else.

I say good riddin's.

Do you think they came clean to the new owner about the car's problems?

I wish I would have been working with a resposible company but as it is, I feel no remorse what so ever. I'll simply move on to the next one.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Well, I just got a call from someone at that dealership (could hardly understand a word, their phone was so cheap) saying something about someone wrote them a check.

I take this to mean they sold the car to someone else.

I say good riddin's.

Do you think they came clean to the new owner about the car's problems?

I wish I would have been working with a resposible company but as it is, I feel no remorse what so ever. I'll simply move on to the next one.
BEEP your not so respectable car dealer, has put his SRT6 on E-Bay currently with 27 bids and only at $12,901 at present, so he has not SOLD it, bending the truth AGAIN. You were pushed into a "leave well alone" with this dealership, and I think you may have saved yourself a lot of heartache with this one. As has been said by another Forum member, if you did get this car and something went wrong , what chance do you think you would have had with this dealership putting it right, NONE.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by TerryR
BEEP your not so respectable car dealer, has put his SRT6 on E-Bay currently with 27 bids and only at $12,901 at present, so he has not SOLD it, bending the truth AGAIN. You were pushed into a "leave well alone" with this dealership, and I think you may have saved yourself a lot of heartache with this one. As has been said by another Forum member, if you did get this car and something went wrong , what chance do you think you would have had with this dealership putting it right, NONE.
Chrysler : Crossfire: eBay Motors (item 290449523428 end time Jul-05-10 14:00:05 PDT)

I've put it on my watch list to see how it goes.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by TerryR
Un-freaking-believable

Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 PM

How Many Times Must I Repeat Myself. I Am Telling You I Know This Dealership From Experience. They Won't Call You Back And They Will Play Games With You. They will do everything they can to rip you off. I Just Had A Similar Experience With This Exact Dealership. Made offers and never heard back. It is almost like they are not motivated to do business. Their service department is the exact same way. I don't even want to get into the details right now. Stay Away From Them. Trust me...They Are No Good.

Stay Away!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 06-29-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM

I think on ebay you can ask the seller a question and it will post the question and answer in the ad....maybe a question about the top problem will help show the problem to future buyers??

BA

Old 07-01-2010, 12:10 AM

I just replaced my Focus with a Cadillac CTS. This means there are no SRT6's in the immediate future.

It's ok.

I love my 6spd Roadster to pieces and could add the SRT6 somewhere down the road.