CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Dead Crossfire (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/46823-dead-crossfire.html)

InfernoRedXfire 12-01-2010 02:08 PM

Dead Crossfire

Not mine. While driving from Dallas to Ft. Worth today I saw a black coupe on the back of a flatbed tow truck on the side of the highway. I saw no exterior mods on the car so I assume it had no performance upgrades.

What do you think could have caused the Crossfire to die on the highway? Other than running out of gas. :rolleyes:

BoilerUpXFire 12-01-2010 02:24 PM

Re: Dead Crossfire

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Not mine. While driving from Dallas to Ft. Worth today I saw a black coupe on the back of a flatbed tow truck on the side of the highway. I saw no exterior mods on the car so I assume it had no performance upgrades.

What do you think could have caused the Crossfire to die on the highway? Other than running out of gas. :rolleyes:

A flat tire and no spare ;)

pizzaguy 12-01-2010 02:27 PM

A bad battery.

Bad CPS.

GDC-SRT 12-01-2010 02:43 PM

Heart Attack ?

shapeshifter309 12-01-2010 02:46 PM

Bad owner? It is still a car, even though it's a Crossfire. It's not invincible, and a bad owner who doesn't take care of it definitely could cause some problems. Although it also could be a flat.

onehundred80 12-01-2010 02:46 PM

Driver got shot when the locals spotted his 'Honk if you love Obama' sticker.

pizzaguy 12-01-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Driver got shot when the locals spotted his 'Honk if you love Obama' sticker.

I haven't seen one of THOSE, even here in the Atlanta area. :cool: One black lady at the local 911 has defaced her own "Obama" sticker, even.

IBLUBYU 12-01-2010 02:52 PM

Maybe just purchased, and being transported to its new home ......

velociabstract 12-01-2010 02:56 PM

Transmission O ring leak was never fixed and it quit working for lack of fluid. Headliner fell completely and the driver couldn't see.

Les

BoilerUpXFire 12-01-2010 03:12 PM

Cup holder sprang up, mid drive, hit the owner in the face and he went to the hospital for a broken nose :o

dinasrt 12-01-2010 03:28 PM

I know that guy; he's a new owner from Nevada. It was his maiden drive and he was so excited, that he forgot to check the fuel gauge!

rfors777 12-01-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Cup holder sprang up, mid drive, hit the owner in the face and he went to the hospital for a broken nose :o

Sounds about right!

Oddly enough. I saw a black coupe here in Fort Worth that was broken down on the side of 820 about a month ago. I knew black was slow, but I didn't realize how bad it was!

oledoc2u 12-01-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by rfors777
Sounds about right!

Oddly enough. I saw a black coupe here in Fort Worth that was broken down on the side of 820 about a month ago. I knew black was slow, but I didn't realize how bad it was!

Now that was just uncalled for.....:cool:

MikeR 12-01-2010 05:51 PM

Doc, the truth hurts......:rolleyes:

rfors777 12-01-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Now that was just uncalled for.....:cool:

It did look like it was haulin' a$$ in reverse as I blew by it on the highway!

InfernoRedXfire 12-01-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by rfors777

Some funny posts guys. But don't quit your day job just yet. :p

Actually it was near 820 on 183. Perhaps it's the same Crossfire with the repeat problem

BTW, black is only fast when it's on an SRT-6. Those blow the rest away.
:D

pizzaguy 12-01-2010 06:37 PM

I would jump into this silly-assed color stuff, but I drive a red one - and there is a CHANCE I'll own a Black one soon.... not sure which side of this I am on!

PNA 12-01-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Transmission O ring leak was never fixed and it quit working for lack of fluid. Headliner fell completely and the driver couldn't see.

Les

I think these are the most likely causes. Especially the headliner.

musicnsurf 12-01-2010 08:12 PM

Some funny posts guys. But don't quit your day job just yet. :p

Actually it was near 820 on 183. Perhaps it's the same Crossfire with the repeat problem

BTW, black is only fast when it's on an SRT-6. Those blow the rest away.
:D

true...although the graphite just won't admit it yet.:mad:

MI1XFIRE 12-01-2010 08:43 PM

Defective O-ring and serpentine belt after oil change;)