Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I'm going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do I take it out?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do I take it out?

Anyone know how to remove the ECU from a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. It dosent seem as easy as it might look

Old 02-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Im going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do i take it out

Originally Posted by bionicdriver
Anyone know how to remove the ECU from a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. It dosent seem as easy as it might look
Talk to EUROCHARGED about getting it done by remote. You can also go here if you still want to send it in. ECU Removal Instructions

Last edited by Bill F; 02-14-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Im going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do i take it out

Eurocharged have a DIY plan on their site.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 AM

What do they actually do with the ECU? What do they alter? will it harm the engine as the take of the limiter? raise the revs?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU
What do they actually do with the ECU? What do they alter? will it harm the engine as the take of the limiter? raise the revs?
Fubu, I know this may be strange to you, but there is a hell of a feature here called the SEARCH.

Tunes are one of the most widely discussed thing in the performance section. Do a search, grab a beer, and enjoy your reading....

Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Fubu, I know this may be strange to you, but there is a hell of a feature here called the SEARCH.

Tunes are one of the most widely discussed thing in the performance section. Do a search, grab a beer, and enjoy your reading....
Hahaha being valentines day and all I thought I would get lucky

Old 02-14-2011, 01:50 PM

oright i went to the website and its easy. I want to go to chicago and get it custom tuned which i probaly will alot of plans for this crossfire including larger injectors and a cold air intake . Does anyone know what size the oem fuel injectors are in a n/a crossfire?

Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by FUBU
Hahaha being valentines day and all I thought I would get lucky
You still might, but not on this forum

Originally Posted by bionicdriver
Does anyone know what size the oem fuel injectors are in a n/a crossfire?
From what I understand, the OEM injectors are powerful enough to work even if you add quite a bit of power (over 100HP to the wheels)

Unless you are doing something wild with forced induction and adding a LOT of air, you willl not need larger injectors and they could actually harm performance....

Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 AM

You still might, but not on this forum

From what I understand, the OEM injectors are powerful enough to work even if you add quite a bit of power (over 100HP to the wheels)

Unless you are doing something wild with forced induction and adding a LOT of air, you willl not need larger injectors and they could actually harm performance....
Hrm, I wonder why TvT once offered the larger injectors as a performance mod with their TvT265+ (or whatever the hell it was) kit?? Just something additional to make it seem like you're getting osmething better?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nox1s
Hrm, I wonder why TvT once offered the larger injectors as a performance mod with their TvT265+ (or whatever the hell it was) kit?? Just something additional to make it seem like you're getting osmething better?
I believe there was a throttle body, injectors, cold air intake and a tune needed to bring it all together as I remember their offer. Just upgrading injectors wouldn't get you anywhere.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Default Re: I'm going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do I take it out?

I believe the general consensus on injectors a few years ago when this was discussed in depth was that the N/A's injectors are running upwards of 80-90% duty cycle stock (smart engineering - only buy what you need to make your design work! ... but bad for us), meaning that intake mods like a CAI and throttle body would push the car up against the limitations of the injectors.

That thinking is only based on others' specifications, though - while I can do the calculations, I'm trusting forum members for the specs. I don't have upgraded injectors in my car and have never dyno'd.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...4-750-rpm.html has more information.

Unfortunately it seems that nobody's done a complete step-by-step mod-and-dyno for this car (probably for cost reasons), so it's hard to say what parts gain what in what combinations.

Last edited by bri3d; 03-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm going to get my ECU tuned by Eurocharged but how do I take it out?

Originally Posted by bri3d
Unfortunately it seems that nobody's done a complete step-by-step mod-and-dyno for this car (probably for cost reasons), so it's hard to say what parts gain what in what combinations.
I don't think anyone has done a step-by-step dyno on a N/A. Eurocharged did a step-by-step dyno on a SRT a while ago.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by bri3d
I believe the general consensus on injectors a few years ago when this was discussed in depth was that the N/A's injectors are running upwards of 80-90% duty cycle stock.
I was under the impression it was the other way around.

I know people who were already heavily modded and added injectors and saw power loss, not gains. I thought the NA injectors were good for something like 350-400 HP, so unless you are going serious FI or N20, I don't think they are necessary.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

I know people who were already heavily modded and added injectors and saw power loss, not gains. I thought the NA injectors were good for something like 350-400 HP, so unless you are going serious FI or N20, I don't think they are necessary.

I thought TVT said 300 hp at one time.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Have you noticed, TVT isn't around anymore

Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 PM

I'm always willing to learn even at this stage in life.
So, why does the SRT have larger injectors?
Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Have you noticed, TVT isn't around anymore.
It does not nullify what they said. I may have attributed it to the wrong person, I'll search for it.
Found it,https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post353907
The old memory still works.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 AM

I thought the NA injectors were good for something like 350-400 HP, so unless you are going serious FI or N20, I don't think they are necessary.

I'm always willing to learn even at this stage in life.
So, why does the SRT have larger injectors?
Am I missing something?
Notice above where I said serious forced induction would be a reason, well most SRT guys pushing 15-18+ lbs of boost IS serious FI, hence the need for the larger injectors.

I stand by my statement, until someone shows me proof, not ramblings from a banned member.

Dave I thought you better than to quote someone who is banned, and for bad business practices no less.

Any dyno's to go with those quotes????

Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Notice above where I said serious forced induction would be a reason, well most SRT guys pushing 15-18+ lbs of boost IS serious FI, hence the need for the larger injectors.

I stand by my statement, until someone shows me proof, not ramblings from a banned member.

Dave I thought you better than to quote someone who is banned, and for bad business practices no less.

Any dyno's to go with those quotes????
Why does the SRT have larger injectors then? The stock SRT fits into your range.
We were talking about na injectors remember.
I would quote Charlie Sheen if he said something that seemingly made sense to me.
As I said before I'm willing to learn - or at least try.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why does the SRT have larger injectors then?
SRT6 needs larger injectors than the N/A Crossfire because there is a much larger volume of oxygen being squeezed into the combustion chamber by the supercharger.

More Oxygen in the combustion chamber needs more fuel to get the proper fuel to air ratios. Hence, the bigger injectors.

The N/A Crossfire needs bigger injectors when you are flowing more air at the top of the rpm range, as the stock ones are pretty much limited with their current limits.

And just because someone is no longer liked on a forum doesn't mean that you discount any information that they had provided in the past.

I am sure TVT included step by step instructions on how to install all these different parts on the car, so you can't say that the information he provided isn't useful. Why he was banned has nothing at all to do with the quality of the information he has provided to the forum.

Until someone can debunk his information, it stays, and still provides benefit to those willing to use it.

BC.