Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I Think I'm Destined Not To Get My New Headlamp!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Think I'm Destined Not To Get My New Headlamp!

So after months of waiting for my new passenger headlamp I get one being the headlamp doesnt aim correctly, this was back in Nov. Chrysler orders me another one and has been telling me the release date wasnt until April, to my surprise I received a call this week saying my headlamp shipped. Awesome! Next day, Chrysler calls me and says, "well it was shipped via UPS, but we have no idea where its at." Great! 2 days go by get a call today saying the part was lost somewhere between the Chrysler Warehouse in Socal and the UPS depot. Yeah, I bet someone stoled it. So with that being said I guess corporate contacted the dealership about a survey regarding the part process and they gave them a fat 0! So, lets hope the higher ups can do something about this, but I'm not hopeful. Guess I'll see it late this year if I'm lucky!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I think I'm Destined Not to get My New Headlamp!

Are you really sure the bulb is properly seated? It can happen. I'm looking for damaged headlights for both sides if you have a reject to sell. Squirrel Crusher

Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Are you really sure the bulb is properly seated? It can happen. I'm looking for damaged headlights for both sides if you have a reject to sell. Squirrel Crusher
I'm not sure both my auto body shop and chrysler couldnt figure it out. Is their a write up how to seat it properly?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
I'm not sure both my auto body shop and chrysler couldnt figure it out. Is their a write up how to seat it properly?
FYI, I had the dealer replace my headlamp assembly when I bought the car due to crazing, and I never thought the lights were much good, till one of the bulbs died 2 years later, and when I replaced them, found that the original was not seated correctly putting the focus way off. NOW they light up the road MUCH better. I feel so stupid for NOT checking the bulbs two years back.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I Think I'm Destined Not To Get My New Headlamp!

So my new headlamp finally arrives to only find its cracked in 3 different places. Way to go Chrysler! Awesome! I'll wait another 4 months.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler agreed to replace mine under warranty with a $50 deductible. It arrived in 10 days and has been replaced.

It wasn't determined that the defect should have been
covered, but I've been a loyal Mopar purchaser since 1968 (Charger RT), so the case manager made the offer.

The total job listed at $601.

I'm very satisfied.

Don

Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
So my new headlamp finally arrives to only find its cracked in 3 different places. Way to go Chrysler! Awesome! I'll wait another 4 months.
Time for you to ***** your *** off.
You've been way too patient on this pile o' stink.

Here's the Chrysler Consumer Complaint line, compliments of Bat, who used it to get her car properly fixed after lots and lots of issues, that took many many months to resolve:

800-992-1997

Be polite, but be extremely stern about what's happened to you so many times now.
Tell them you want a new part over-nighted to you, immediately, from where ever in the world that its located.

BC.