CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   A little problem solved ... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/51575-little-problem-solved.html)

IBLUBYU 08-06-2011 03:26 PM

A little problem solved ...

It seems that when I return home in the dark, I have a guessing game about finding the right button on the homelink for the garage. Trying to feel the 3 buttons, and then pressing the middle one. This always pi$$ed me a little, so I cut a small circular pad from the "soft" half of black velcro, and stuck it on the button. Now.... no guessing and garage opens...... :)

grip grip 08-06-2011 07:00 PM

Re: A little problem solved ...

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
It seems that when I return home in the dark, I have a guessing game about finding the right button on the homelink for the garage. Trying to feel the 3 buttons, and then pressing the middle one. This always pi$$ed me a little, so I cut a small circular pad from the "soft" half of black velcro, and stuck it on the button. Now.... no guessing and garage opens...... :)

Nice fix. I'm sick and tired of having a similar issue with mine, so I may copy your idea. :)

SparkieSRT6 08-06-2011 07:12 PM

Why not just program the same garage door to all three buttons. ?

onehundred80 08-06-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU

Quit guessing and program all buttons to the same code ..... problem solved.;)

grip grip 08-06-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Quit guessing and program all buttons to the same code ..... problem solved.;)

I have two garage doors and I assumed the OP has a similar need of the other two buttons.

old man 08-06-2011 07:29 PM

i have no garage doors no problem

IBLUBYU 08-06-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Why not just program the same garage door to all three buttons. ?

Never realized that is possible ..... but don't need to now ..... LOL

onehundred80 08-06-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
I have two garage doors and I assumed the OP has a similar need of the other two buttons.

]
So do I, but most people park their car in the same spot all the time. Thus no need to open the other door from that car.

Ed Mahoney 08-17-2011 12:58 PM

Im still trying to get any button to work !!!! Dam thing wont progam for my newer sears opener !!!!!

Kodebuster 08-17-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
Im still trying to get any button to work !!!! Dam thing wont progam for my newer sears opener !!!!!

Ed, I also had some difficulty in getting my HomeLink to work with my Garage Door.

I was only successfull when I completed the optional steps 8 and 9 as described in Owners Manual.

Basically it's program the Car Button as advertised, then go back to the Garage Unit and press the 'Learn" or "Smart" button.

In my case I have the LiftMaster Opener, and I'm not sure if that's who Sears OEM's their unit from.

I do know that mine would not work till I programmed HomeLink, then hit that Learn/Smart/Reset button on the Garage Door opener...

Chris L. 08-17-2011 09:13 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...humbs/0136.JPG

For the bright silver car the button on the left opens the door on the left & the button on the right opens the door on the right . On the machine grey car the button on the left opens the door on the right & the button on the right opens the door on the left. Trickier still, is remembering that the car on the left has no clutch peddle.

Franc Rauscher 08-17-2011 09:22 PM

I have an Armstrong opening system. Works even when the power is out and I don't need to find no stinking buttons.

What I do need however, is a cleaned out garage so I can park my car inside.:rolleyes: